Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

27 minutes ago, Danizen said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/09/02/premier-league-clubs-poised-vote-realign-transfer-window-europe/

I thought they would, to be honest. It sounded like a good idea but put into practice it just puts Premier League clubs at a disadvantage.

Also, it's annoying as hell on FM. You always get a bigger club unsettling your players after the Premier League window has closed. 

The best solution is all of Europe to do the same and close the window before the season starts. Obviously that isn't going to happen though, or they wouldn't be talking about reversing our change. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

The best solution is all of Europe to do the same and close the window before the season starts. Obviously that isn't going to happen though, or they wouldn't be talking about reversing our change. 

Bloody Europeans :revenge:

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Michael Owen sticking it to Newcastle fans is highly amusing. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49561603

Owen says the Reds could not match Newcastle's offer 14 years ago, so he reluctantly agreed his switch to St James' Park.

So he went there for the money, not sure why he's complaining then as he surely wasn't that desperate for more £££££s

• Like 2

Owen's a ****. Questions loyalty of a player who stuck with Newcastle for years as opposed to himself that fancied a move to Utd having played for Liverpool so many years. 

Oh, and Owen has shit facial hair so his opinion is devalued... 

d721f1b561296717db14bb8b928b2de6.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

As you say it'd be better for everyone to align. I'm not sure why the other leagues are hard to convince? It's an obvious benefit to have the window closed before the first set of fixtures. 

I HATE the window being open while matches are still ongoing, particularly at the start of the season. Everyone should be talking about the actual games, but they're just focused on transfers. Also, it provides yet another advantage to the big clubs. They've got big enough squads to not be unsettled by incomings and outgoings, but imagine how different our start might of been if we'd been still dealing with the Maguire business until now!? 

• Like 2

On 02/09/2019 at 09:54, davieG said:

Maybe he's very photogenic for the those Arsenal changing room iconic pictures.

I noticed he had a little curl of his hair on his forehead so perhaps a Superman in his other guise.

GettyImages-1171579856-e1567371909450.jpChristopher-Reeves-Superman-Hairstyle-Lo

He looks a right Kent 

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Michael Owen sticking it to Newcastle fans is highly amusing. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49561603

And how did I miss these bits:

"Freddy was only doing what all the fans constantly do at almost every football club," said Owen. "They believe their club is 10% bigger and their team is 10% better than it actually is.

"This kind of blind delusion is especially true of Newcastle United - which, as I reach for the nearest tin hat, is only a big club in the sense that it has a lot of fans and a big stadium."

... it's so true. They fall in that "we think we're a big club" category.

Heroic comments.

Edited by Fox92
  • Haha 1

Both absolute c unts. The most surprising thing is that Owen has actually came up with an opinion that is memorable. If they could conveniently destroy each other’s careers so we don’t have to hear their drivel ever again it’d be grand  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Idk how you cant love Owen after that soccer stars thing with nevgile southall, doing proper knee slides and everything against some kid in net 

Well done, he’s 13

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Danizen said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/09/02/premier-league-clubs-poised-vote-realign-transfer-window-europe/

I thought they would, to be honest. It sounded like a good idea but put into practice it just puts Premier League clubs at a disadvantage.

Also, it's annoying as hell on FM. You always get a bigger club unsettling your players after the Premier League window has closed. 

Stupid idea in the first place, just to make an exception for the Premier League. Glad they're coming back to their senses.

Puts PL clubs under enormous pressure to get rid of their players too early on and getting half-baked deals onboard.

I am not a Liverpool fan, but the mention of Michael Owen always raises a big question in my mind. As a Leicester fan thinking of the 'Best Ever Eleven' since the sixties, the choice of strikers (2, maybe 3) would be fairly straightforward : Worthington, Weller, (Earle?), Lineker , Cottee, Heskey or Vardy.

Imagine the problem doing the same for Liverpool: Hunt? St.John? Keegan? Toshack? Dalgleish? Aldridge? Rush? Fowler? Owen? Torres? Suarez? Mané? Salah? (Johnson, Collymore, Heskey, Kewell, Kuyt, Firmino, Sterling, Crouch, Bellamy???). Would Owen be even considered amoungst that first lot? Despite being one of England's best ever ?

Really not sure.

Both Owen and Shearer are cvnts. I at least have some respect for Shearer as he didn't steal a living and actually performed for the club that paid him a fortune.

Owen is an oxygen thief..

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Koke said:

Both Owen and Shearer are cvnts. I at least have some respect for Shearer as he didn't steal a living and actually performed for the club that paid him a fortune.

Owen is an oxygen thief..

owen was the best player in the world before he started getting injured. 

stole a living lol 

• Like 4