Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

18 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Our game against Manchester United is absolutely massive.

At Old Trafford, if we win there then I genuinely think we can get top 6.

Agree. It's the self belief it would give us, much like when we beat City at their place during the title winning season.

Think that is what's been missing since we won the league. Consistency - getting a decent string of results and then punctuating the run with a win against one of the big boys. Yes, there's still adjustments that need making to our approach, but we're definitely heading in the right direction now.

Edited by Kendal Fox

Come January - If we manage to maintain the current form, keep the current players and sign a talented winger to compliment the midfield, then its going to be very exciting and fascinating.

Am sure Rodgers will make the players concentrate and not carried away at the moment.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Come January - If we manage to maintain the current form, keep the current players and sign a talented winger to compliment the midfield, then its going to be very exciting and fascinating.

Am sure Rodgers will make the players concentrate and not carried away at the moment.

40 points!. 

We must fight. 

• Like 2

I'm a foreign LCFC supporter so I can't really relate with most rivalries. However, I still think that it would be fantastic if let's say Leicester and another team (West Ham, Everton, Wolves, Crystal Palace) take 2 of the 6 European spots. Meaning that these teams would replace the poorer top 6 teams like Manure and Chelsea. If Spurs are poor as well, I'd be even more thrilled if a new 3rd team replaced them. It's about time these teams fall off.

38 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Quite happy not to be treated as a serious top 6 team, once we go top at Christmas, then the pundits ( excepting Gary - 'it's a three horse race !') will still expect us to fall away so the 'top teams' can take their birthright in Europe.

All good. Just makes it sweeter when the 'impossible' happens (again)

Yeah, suppose I agree really. I do like that we have Lineker on the tv as I like his little jokes about us.

But the bookmakers haven't changed their stance, pitching the Foxes as big outsiders to achieve a top six finish.

Not that City have a history of taking notice of the odds, but they are currently ninth favourites to achieve the feat, behind Everton and Wolves, as well as the traditional 'big boys'.

Take a look at the odds below.

Manchester City - 1/500

Liverpool - 1/250

Tottenham - 1/25

Arsenal - 1/12

Manchester United - 1/20

Chelsea - 1/16

Wolves - 6/1

Everton - 6/1

Leicester - 10/1

West Ham - 16/1

*Odds from Bet Victor and correct as of 5pm on 01/09/2019*

1 minute ago, davieG said:

But the bookmakers haven't changed their stance, pitching the Foxes as big outsiders to achieve a top six finish.

Not that City have a history of taking notice of the odds, but they are currently ninth favourites to achieve the feat, behind Everton and Wolves, as well as the traditional 'big boys'.

Manchester City - 1/500

Liverpool - 1/250

Tottenham - 1/25

Arsenal - 1/12

Manchester United - 1/20

Chelsea - 1/16

Wolves - 6/1

Everton - 6/1

Leicester - 10/1

West Ham - 16/1

United 1/20 lollollol 

18 minutes ago, davieG said:

Manchester City - 1/500

Liverpool - 1/250

Tottenham - 1/25

Arsenal - 1/12

Manchester United - 1/20

Chelsea - 1/16

Wolves - 6/1

Everton - 6/1

Leicester - 10/1

West Ham - 16/1

I think we’re shorter than Everton and wolves for top four but longer for top six ?????

19 minutes ago, davieG said:

Manchester City - 1/500

Liverpool - 1/250

Tottenham - 1/25

Arsenal - 1/12

Manchester United - 1/20

Chelsea - 1/16

Wolves - 6/1

Everton - 6/1

Leicester - 10/1

West Ham - 16/1

lol someone (at the mercury?) doesn’t know how oddschecker works 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Manchester City - 1/500

Liverpool - 1/250

Tottenham - 1/25

Arsenal - 1/12

Manchester United - 1/20

Chelsea - 1/16

Wolves - 6/1

Everton - 6/1

Leicester - 10/1

West Ham - 16/1

As someone said, nicked off Oddschecker.

Actual BV odds cut and pasted from 9pm (can't bet on M City or Pool AFAICS)

Tottenham Hotspur  1/20
Arsenal  1/8
Manchester United  1/4
Chelsea  1/2
Leicester City  2/1
Everton  11/4
West Ham  6/1
Wolverhampton Wanderers  7/1
Crystal Palace  20/1

Saw this earlier and thought it was quite interesting:

Spurs kept doing it Arsenal earlier today and I has no idea why. They actually had their defenders even closer to the goalkeeper than we did, although they never got any benefit from it and it almost cost them a few times.

Thinking back to that Wolves match, after the first 15, Kasper's distribution was very good and he hit Ricardo and Chilwell consistently. So maybe there is some method to the madness after all... The more you know eh?

• Thanks 2