Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

11 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

owen was the best player in the world before he started getting injured. 

stole a living lol 

Post Real Madrid he absolutely stole a living. He was totally useless. 

He was 26 when he arrived at Newcastle. So basically he was completely useless for half his career.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

I am not a Liverpool fan, but the mention of Michael Owen always raises a big question in my mind. As a Leicester fan thinking of the 'Best Ever Eleven' since the sixties, the choice of strikers (2, maybe 3) would be fairly straightforward : Worthington, Weller, (Earle?), Lineker , Cottee, Heskey or Vardy.

Imagine the problem doing the same for Liverpool: Hunt? St.John? Keegan? Toshack? Dalgleish? Aldridge? Rush? Fowler? Owen? Torres? Suarez? Mané? Salah? (Johnson, Collymore, Heskey, Kewell, Kuyt, Firmino, Sterling, Crouch, Bellamy???). Would Owen be even considered amoungst that first lot? Despite being one of England's best ever ?

Really not sure.

For his time at Liverpool only, Owen was the best striker in his generation. Set the world alight and was one of the world's best. He's definitely better than the likes Heskey, Crouch and Bellamy. Owen should definitely be considered as one of Liverpool's best. 

After that though, he became a mercenary and has since become one of the shittest pundits around. 

54 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

I am not a Liverpool fan, but the mention of Michael Owen always raises a big question in my mind. As a Leicester fan thinking of the 'Best Ever Eleven' since the sixties, the choice of strikers (2, maybe 3) would be fairly straightforward : Worthington, Weller, (Earle?), Lineker , Cottee, Heskey or Vardy.

Imagine the problem doing the same for Liverpool: Hunt? St.John? Keegan? Toshack? Dalgleish? Aldridge? Rush? Fowler? Owen? Torres? Suarez? Mané? Salah? (Johnson, Collymore, Heskey, Kewell, Kuyt, Firmino, Sterling, Crouch, Bellamy???). Would Owen be even considered amoungst that first lot? Despite being one of England's best ever ?

Really not sure.

He was the only 1 of those or any other Liverpool player for that matter to win the Ballon d'Or whilst at Liverpool, so i guess yes?

58 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Really not sure.

Yes. Owen was one of the best players of his generation, one of the best players in the World when he was on top of his game at Liverpool (hence winning the Ballon Dor). 

31 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Seen a fair amount of stick for Tim Cahill but I thought he was decent on MOTD on Saturday 

You forgot that pundits are only good these days when they compliment your team, otherwise the default opinion you must take is that they're shit.

Also, remember that said pundit you declare good will immediately become shit when they decide to have the TEMERITY to criticise your team, they're utterly fair game then.

57 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

You forgot that pundits are only good these days when they compliment your team, otherwise the default opinion you must take is that they're shit.

Also, remember that said pundit you declare good will immediately become shit when they decide to have the TEMERITY to criticise your team, they're utterly fair game then.

That’s not true really. Most fans would respect pundits more if they had a genuine knowledge of the teams they talk about.

If a pundit rightly criticised Leicester, it’d be fine if it was justified and founded. 

6 hours ago, Gubbins said:

I and indeed LCFC as a club have a major problem with Arsenal and it's that if they keep 11 men on the pitch, it's near impossible for us to beat them! That and the fact their players are all moaning, diving, fouling cheats!!! 😡

Apart from beating them twice recently, and them having a player sent off, you're spot on. 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Yes. Owen was one of the best players of his generation, one of the best players in the World when he was on top of his game at Liverpool (hence winning the Ballon Dor). 

2 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Really not sure.

Stan Collymore, Derek Dougan, Ken Keyworth, Mike Stringfellow, Jackie Sinclair, Alan Smith, Trevor Peake, Matty Fryatt, Steve Lynex, all scored plenty of goals. Hunt is the pick for Liverpool 1.7 games per goal, Salah 1.5 games and Rush and Owen 1.9, Fowler 2.1, the rest are 3-5 games per goal.

Little bit of admin that might not have been noticed (or it has and I missed it being mentioned.)

Arsenal are in the Europa League, of course, and as a result their game with us in November was moved to a Sunday in anticipation of the round of games on the Thursday before.

Turns our due to scheduling reasons this game will now be played on a Wednesday, not Thursday. I assume it's unlikely they'll move the match back to Saturday, mind. Just a bit irritating really.

12 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Sad what happened to such a great footballer. The injuries did him in. His interview on BT where he spoke about it was quite sad.

He's a shit pundit but what a player he was.

12 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I'll always remember that incredible box-to-box goal in the World Cup at 17 years old or whatever he was.  Maybe the most exciting goal I've ever seen.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Why are clubs releasing 3rd kits now? 

Staggering the release if possible due to fixtures means more cash as people have a new pay cheque I guess rather than just picking one of three in August! Gets people back in the club shop I would imagine!