Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

How have they done that, by being average and doing nothing noteworthy whilst having a tonne of forgetful, cheating players and a po faced manager?

Get them down.

Bit harsh TBH. Mid-table in the PL for a team like Bournemouth for a number of years is some achievement.

Don't honestly think they are capable of any higher, performing at their limits.

And they play the 'right' way and for all Eddie Howe looks a school prefect I like him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

How have they done that, by being average and doing nothing noteworthy whilst having a tonne of forgetful, cheating players and a po faced manager?

Get them down.

They’ve done that just by being in the PL and refusing to buckle under and go away. Good luck to them 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Bit harsh TBH. Mid-table in the PL for a team like Bournemouth for a number of years is some achievement.

Don't honestly think they are capable of any higher, performing at their limits.

And they play the 'right' way and for all Eddie Howe looks a school prefect I like him.

Bankrolled by a Russian billionaire, a true fairytale. Just because they have a small ground it doesn't mean it should be treated as Roy of the rovers. All their players look like they're heading into the Love Island villa, sooner they bugger off the better and a proper side like Leeds come up, pure Carling Premiership baby

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Bankrolled by a Russian billionaire, a true fairytale. Just because they have a small ground it doesn't mean it should be treated as Roy of the rovers. All their players look like they're heading into the Love Island villa, sooner they bugger off the better and a proper side like Leeds come up, pure Carling Premiership baby

True, but it is still a very impressive achievement, they are still minnows however you want to colour it.

That said, you're right, League would be more interesting with some of the old faces that have languished back, get some teams up like Leeds Charlton dare I say it Forest, Coventry, Sheff Weds back to PL!

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Look who’s back and creating panic 

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

True, but it is still a very impressive achievement, they are still minnows however you want to colour it.

That said, you're right, League would be more interesting with some of the old faces that have languished back, get some teams up like Leeds Charlton dare I say it Forest, Coventry, Sheff Weds back to PL!

How are they minnows though? If they have more cash than a more "historic" club (let's say Sheffield Wednesday in this example) wouldn't that make Wednesday the underdog?

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

How are they minnows though? If they have more cash than a more "historic" club (let's say Sheffield Wednesday in this example) wouldn't that make Wednesday the underdog?

they're hardly Man City levels of wealthy, are a club that have spent their entire existence in the lower leagues, unglamorous club to play for, have barely any fans - spend less on players than a lot of PL clubs despite their wealthy owners, do I need go on? Basically, Eddie Howe has done a fantastic job, funding or no funding.

35 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Hear hear. Anyone who dislikes either of these teams is far too easily triggered. Wait until Birmingham and Leeds are back in the Premier and give you a reason to hate teams. @The Horse's Mouth

the lack of "triggering" is my issue with them, they're just there. They evoke no emotion and are never really in danger, such a dull club 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

they're hardly Man City levels of wealthy, are a club that have spent their entire existence in the lower leagues, unglamorous club to play for, have barely any fans - spend less on players than a lot of PL clubs despite their wealthy owners, do I need go on? Basically, Eddie Howe has done a fantastic job, funding or no funding.

They spent nearly fifty million on players this summer, and nigh on eighty last summer. That's a lot for a middling club, mate.

For what it's worth this isn't a go at Bournemouth (although I don't like their players) but I just find them forgettable and I've no idea why they get such a vast amount of praise. 

• Like 2

bournemouth are genuinely rubbish and all their players sound like football manager regens.

they're in the top 10 highest spending clubs in the whole of europe since their promotion, but people still reckon cos their manager looks like the kid who goes to the staff room at dinner in school they're a fairytale. 

hope they go back to collecting 50ps in buckets to survive sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

They spent nearly fifty million on players this summer, and nigh on eighty last summer. That's a lot for a middling club, mate.

For what it's worth this isn't a go at Bournemouth (although I don't like their players) but I just find them forgettable and I've no idea why they get such a vast amount of praise. 

Fair enough. Maybe the idea they are minnows is an illusion, but I think the praise is because they've always tried to play attacking football despite having crap players (when they just came up anyway). And when you have teams like Newcastle, Everton and West Ham who think they are massive because of their history despite being basically shit for years a team like Bournemouth is a breath of fresh air.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

bournemouth are genuinely rubbish and all their players sound like football manager regens.

they're in the top 10 highest spending clubs in the whole of europe since their promotion, but people still reckon cos their manager looks like the kid who goes to the staff room at dinner in school they're a fairytale. 

hope they go back to collecting 50ps in buckets to survive sooner rather than later.

haha, that is so true :D

Image result for eddie howe

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

Bournemouth's last 4 Premier League games have finished 3-1.

That's odds of 100,000/1 with bookies so probably closer to 1 million/1 in reality. 

Although they only won 50% of them  So half a pattern!

Edited by Collymore

7 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I actually like Bournemouth and Howe. They play good football and are very entertaining in their approach. 

They have a team even younger than ours who are only going to get better.

You just know Howe is going to manage England one day.

Bournemouth are Howe are right for each other and I'd be surprised if Howe ever manages one of the so called big six teams.

But of course Howe will manage England one day.

He's perfect for England. Like Southgate he's squeaky clean and says exactly what the FA want him to say.

I can't think of any other reason he'd be good enough though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

After we spent £68 million on Musa, Slimani and Silva lol

All of those played for major clubs, international teams and in European competition so despite how bad they were for us we were buying decent players based on there CV’s. Ibe & Solanke were Liverpool reserve players and have shown nothing since they joined Bournemouth to suggest they were worth half of what they paid for them