Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

How are they minnows though? If they have more cash than a more "historic" club (let's say Sheffield Wednesday in this example) wouldn't that make Wednesday the underdog?

they're hardly Man City levels of wealthy, are a club that have spent their entire existence in the lower leagues, unglamorous club to play for, have barely any fans - spend less on players than a lot of PL clubs despite their wealthy owners, do I need go on? Basically, Eddie Howe has done a fantastic job, funding or no funding.

35 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Hear hear. Anyone who dislikes either of these teams is far too easily triggered. Wait until Birmingham and Leeds are back in the Premier and give you a reason to hate teams. @The Horse's Mouth

the lack of "triggering" is my issue with them, they're just there. They evoke no emotion and are never really in danger, such a dull club 

• Like 2

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

the lack of "triggering" is my issue with them, they're just there. They evoke no emotion and are never really in danger, such a dull club 

Haha, fair enough, they are fairly bland! Still I'd rather teams like that than Millwalls of this world!

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

they're hardly Man City levels of wealthy, are a club that have spent their entire existence in the lower leagues, unglamorous club to play for, have barely any fans - spend less on players than a lot of PL clubs despite their wealthy owners, do I need go on? Basically, Eddie Howe has done a fantastic job, funding or no funding.

They spent nearly fifty million on players this summer, and nigh on eighty last summer. That's a lot for a middling club, mate.

For what it's worth this isn't a go at Bournemouth (although I don't like their players) but I just find them forgettable and I've no idea why they get such a vast amount of praise. 

• Like 2

bournemouth are genuinely rubbish and all their players sound like football manager regens.

they're in the top 10 highest spending clubs in the whole of europe since their promotion, but people still reckon cos their manager looks like the kid who goes to the staff room at dinner in school they're a fairytale. 

hope they go back to collecting 50ps in buckets to survive sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

They spent nearly fifty million on players this summer, and nigh on eighty last summer. That's a lot for a middling club, mate.

For what it's worth this isn't a go at Bournemouth (although I don't like their players) but I just find them forgettable and I've no idea why they get such a vast amount of praise. 

Fair enough. Maybe the idea they are minnows is an illusion, but I think the praise is because they've always tried to play attacking football despite having crap players (when they just came up anyway). And when you have teams like Newcastle, Everton and West Ham who think they are massive because of their history despite being basically shit for years a team like Bournemouth is a breath of fresh air.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

bournemouth are genuinely rubbish and all their players sound like football manager regens.

they're in the top 10 highest spending clubs in the whole of europe since their promotion, but people still reckon cos their manager looks like the kid who goes to the staff room at dinner in school they're a fairytale. 

hope they go back to collecting 50ps in buckets to survive sooner rather than later.

haha, that is so true :D

Image result for eddie howe

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

6 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Anyone else looking forward to Howe being hounding out by angry scousers after spending 100 million on charlie francis and still finishing 9th with the Ev

Wait, Charlie Daniels or Simon Francis? 

Bournemouth's last 4 Premier League games have finished 3-1.

That's odds of 100,000/1 with bookies so probably closer to 1 million/1 in reality. 

Although they only won 50% of them  So half a pattern!

Edited by Collymore

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

After we spent £68 million on Musa, Slimani and Silva lol

While those three definitely were a certified waste of cash, Slimani alone has more Premier League goals than Solanke and Ibe combined, in around 110 fewer appearances.

I actually like Bournemouth and Howe. They play good football and are very entertaining in their approach. 

They have a team even younger than ours who are only going to get better.

You just know Howe is going to manage England one day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I actually like Bournemouth and Howe. They play good football and are very entertaining in their approach. 

They have a team even younger than ours who are only going to get better.

You just know Howe is going to manage England one day.

Bournemouth are Howe are right for each other and I'd be surprised if Howe ever manages one of the so called big six teams.

But of course Howe will manage England one day.

He's perfect for England. Like Southgate he's squeaky clean and says exactly what the FA want him to say.

I can't think of any other reason he'd be good enough though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

After we spent £68 million on Musa, Slimani and Silva lol

All of those played for major clubs, international teams and in European competition so despite how bad they were for us we were buying decent players based on there CV’s. Ibe & Solanke were Liverpool reserve players and have shown nothing since they joined Bournemouth to suggest they were worth half of what they paid for them 

Newcastle vs Brighton as the evening kick off, all televised for sky...

Why that game? Opposite ends of the country yet they try to make it as difficult as possible for fans to travel up 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Newcastle vs Brighton as the evening kick off, all televised for sky...

Why that game? Opposite ends of the country yet they try to make it as difficult as possible for fans to travel up 

Newcastle has a big fan base so sky will pick them over anyone outside the top 6. 

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

Newcastle has a big fan base so sky will pick them over anyone outside the top 6. 

They had the option to have Everton or Man City on, Newcastle vs Brighton an absolutely stupid game to have on due to the distance between the two. 

Also, I wouldn't say that Newcastle have a big fan base, they may do up north, but nothing major.

This is bizarre story. Liverpool paying £1 million to settle on potentially hacking into the scouting network of Man City. 

No liability taken as part of the settlement, but you don't cough up that much money if there's nothing to it 

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This is bizarre story. Liverpool paying £1 million to settle on potentially hacking into the scouting network of Man City. 

No liability taken as part of the settlement, but you don't cough up that much money if there's nothing to it 

don't think it's that bizarre. looks like they just used their logins after they moved cos man city didn't do their job and cancel accounts. classic journalism calling it "hacking".

• Like 1