Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Newcastle vs Brighton as the evening kick off, all televised for sky...

Why that game? Opposite ends of the country yet they try to make it as difficult as possible for fans to travel up 

Newcastle has a big fan base so sky will pick them over anyone outside the top 6. 

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

Newcastle has a big fan base so sky will pick them over anyone outside the top 6. 

They had the option to have Everton or Man City on, Newcastle vs Brighton an absolutely stupid game to have on due to the distance between the two. 

Also, I wouldn't say that Newcastle have a big fan base, they may do up north, but nothing major.

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This is bizarre story. Liverpool paying £1 million to settle on potentially hacking into the scouting network of Man City. 

No liability taken as part of the settlement, but you don't cough up that much money if there's nothing to it 

don't think it's that bizarre. looks like they just used their logins after they moved cos man city didn't do their job and cancel accounts. classic journalism calling it "hacking".

• Like 1

Hello again. Self-imposed forum blackout for a week after last weekend. Just not a good idea given the frame of mind I was in. 

Yes, Wolves are shit at the minute, solely thanks to some awful defending and a weird tweak of our tactics by Nuno. I'm confident we'll get out of it though. 

Any way, just watched your game. Good win for you and always good to see other teams beating the so called Big 6. I had you in my acca too so happy days! 

I may as well brace myself and ruffle a few feathers while I'm here though. From the outside looking in, you've had the rub of the green with VAR this season. If it hadn't have been implemented this season, you'd probably be mid-table with 7 points.

I'm not saying VAR is crap either, I'm a fan of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Hello again. Self-imposed forum blackout for a week after last weekend. Just not a good idea given the frame of mind I was in. 

Yes, Wolves are shit at the minute, solely thanks to some awful defending and a weird tweak of our tactics by Nuno. I'm confident we'll get out of it though. 

Any way, just watched your game. Good win for you and always good to see other teams beating the so called Big 6. I had you in my acca too so happy days! 

I may as well brace myself and ruffle a few feathers while I'm here though. From the outside looking in, you've had the rub of the green with VAR this season. If it hadn't have been implemented this season, you'd probably be mid-table with 7 points.

Eh, without VAR we'd have 1 less point, the goal against you. We both had one ruled out today, cancels each other out in a way. That's all VAR has decided for us. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It’s hard to say what would have happened, if the goal against you is allowed and we are 1-0 down, mindsets change, subs are different and the whole game changes, there is no saying what would have happened.

You could say we’ve benefited from it, but both teams had one ruled out today and correctly so, even if the Spurs one was incredibly harsh- Spurs should have also had a man sent off, but then Gray might have been lucky late in too.

Overall despite getting a couple of decisions for and against us, I still don’t like it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Nuno on borrowed time if you lose to Palace ?

15 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Eh, without VAR we'd have 1 less point, the goal against you. We both had one ruled out today, cancels each other out in a way. That's all VAR has decided for us. 

Don't bring facts into it mate. He's just on a wind up because his team's trash

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Without VAR it would have been 3-2 today. No linesman in the world would have flagged ours off either. 

• Like 1