Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Or a small club sticking two fingers up to the established elite? Can’t help

but identify with that, to be honest 🤷‍♂️

Hear hear. Anyone who dislikes either of these teams is far too easily triggered. Wait until Birmingham and Leeds are back in the Premier and give you a reason to hate teams. @The Horse's Mouth

• Like 1

Southampton remind me of us a little bit to be honest, lack of ideas, just chuck the ball in the box with only one striker in there. 

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Southampton remind me of us a little bit to be honest, lack of ideas, just chuck the ball in the box with only one striker in there. 

Yup, lightweight like us but we have far more quality.

Still think they'll be fine with Hasenhuttl in charge.

And hope they get top half (unlikely) since I felt sorry for them ever since they did well for a few seasons despite being raped by Liverpool every summer.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Hell no !!!! 

Southampton looked awful. Once they go behind look like they won't come back. Wouldn't be surprised if they lost at Portsmouth in the week.

2 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Actually enjoyed that game tbf! Well played Bournemouth 

Yeah, I always enjoy seeing Bournemouth. They actually go to win games and won't just sit 10 behind the ball.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yup, lightweight like us but we have far more quality.

Still think they'll be fine with Hasenhuttl in charge.

And hope they get top half (unlikely) since I felt sorry for them ever since they did well for a few seasons despite being raped by Liverpool every summer.

Agreed. He’s a thoroughly good guy and very well liked at the club. 

20 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Or a small club sticking two fingers up to the established elite? Can’t help

but identify with that, to be honest 🤷‍♂️

How have they done that, by being average and doing nothing noteworthy whilst having a tonne of forgetful, cheating players and a po faced manager?

Get them down.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Southampton looked awful. Once they go behind look like they won't come back. Wouldn't be surprised if they lost at Portsmouth in the week.

Even though youre supposed to support the underdog, in this case I hope not -  Portsmouth are a proper mongy fanbase!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

How have they done that, by being average and doing nothing noteworthy whilst having a tonne of forgetful, cheating players and a po faced manager?

Get them down.

Bit harsh TBH. Mid-table in the PL for a team like Bournemouth for a number of years is some achievement.

Don't honestly think they are capable of any higher, performing at their limits.

And they play the 'right' way and for all Eddie Howe looks a school prefect I like him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Get them down.

They’ve done that just by being in the PL and refusing to buckle under and go away. Good luck to them 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Bit harsh TBH. Mid-table in the PL for a team like Bournemouth for a number of years is some achievement.

Don't honestly think they are capable of any higher, performing at their limits.

And they play the 'right' way and for all Eddie Howe looks a school prefect I like him.

Bankrolled by a Russian billionaire, a true fairytale. Just because they have a small ground it doesn't mean it should be treated as Roy of the rovers. All their players look like they're heading into the Love Island villa, sooner they bugger off the better and a proper side like Leeds come up, pure Carling Premiership baby

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Bankrolled by a Russian billionaire, a true fairytale. Just because they have a small ground it doesn't mean it should be treated as Roy of the rovers. All their players look like they're heading into the Love Island villa, sooner they bugger off the better and a proper side like Leeds come up, pure Carling Premiership baby

True, but it is still a very impressive achievement, they are still minnows however you want to colour it.

That said, you're right, League would be more interesting with some of the old faces that have languished back, get some teams up like Leeds Charlton dare I say it Forest, Coventry, Sheff Weds back to PL!

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Look who’s back and creating panic 

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

True, but it is still a very impressive achievement, they are still minnows however you want to colour it.

That said, you're right, League would be more interesting with some of the old faces that have languished back, get some teams up like Leeds Charlton dare I say it Forest, Coventry, Sheff Weds back to PL!

How are they minnows though? If they have more cash than a more "historic" club (let's say Sheffield Wednesday in this example) wouldn't that make Wednesday the underdog?