Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The man is an absolute weapon. Good to see the majority of the country is starting to take their Italia 90 specs off to realise it.

It's always hard to see people that have so much talent blow everything and become an idiot. He's obviously had issues right from the start and just hasn't been able to get a grip on any of them.

36 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The man is an absolute weapon. Good to see the majority of the country is starting to take their Italia 90 specs off to realise it.

He’s quite clearly unwell…. 

Edit - didn’t see what he was being done for…

Edited by Wolfox

11 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I mean Paul Pogba is clearly better than Jordan Henderson but I guess that doesn't suit the narrative.

On top form he is, at the minute though I wouldn't want Pogba in our team given the effect he has on everyone else. 

12 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I mean Paul Pogba is clearly better than Jordan Henderson but I guess that doesn't suit the narrative.

Well firstly you're comparing completely different players. Pogba would be against someone like Wijnaldum for a spot, Henderson against McTomminy. But the article does say if fit and playing well when he is fit then Pogba would be in, but he's neither.

Edited by Facecloth

27 minutes ago, MattP said:

On top form he is, at the minute though I wouldn't want Pogba in our team given the effect he has on everyone else. 

Is there actually any evidence for this though, or is it just an assumption driven by the tabloids because he does adverts and has haircuts? I cant personally say I've ever studied Man United training sessions and they've been a much shitter team without him. How is this idea quantified?

27 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Well firstly you're comparing completely different players. Pogba would be against someone like Wijnaldum for a spot, Henderson against McTomminy. But the article does say if fit and playing well when he is fit then Pogba would be in, but he's neither.

In that formation? I'd say they're interchangeable. Fabinho is there in the pivot role.

Plus if it's being done on form and fitness, why is Alisson in there? lol He hasn't played at all for 2 months.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Is there actually any evidence for this though, or is it just an assumption driven by the tabloids because he does adverts and has haircuts? I cant personally say I've ever studied Man United training sessions and they've been a much shitter team without him. How is this idea quantified?

In that formation? I'd say they're interchangeable. Fabinho is there in the pivot role.

Plus if it's being done on form and fitness, why is Alisson in there? lol He hasn't played at all for 2 months.

De Gea is injured now, Alisson is back. He's picking from the likely teams this weekend. Alisson over De Gea from those two line ups even when both fit, but as only Alisson is fit anyway he's in.

Pogba won't play, so he's not considered for the joint team they put together. But even when he last played he was poor and wouldn't be picked anyway based on that if he was fit. That's the point he was making.

On 14/10/2019 at 17:35, KrefelderFox666 said:

It's always hard to see people that have so much talent blow everything and become an idiot. He's obviously had issues right from the start and just hasn't been able to get a grip on any of them.

With all fairness he was a complete idiot prior to his football he has issues many people have he just was gifted as a footballer too. Remember the dentists chair etc he craved to be loved and it’s just pushed him over the edge sadly 

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

BT Sport have 3 games on tonight reliving the 2015/16 season and the only Leicester game they've chosen is the Arsenal defeat at home lol

The other games are Norwich vs Liverpool and Chelsea vs Tottenham. 

To be fair I’d consider Chelsea Vs Spurs to be a leicester game and also probably the most enjoyable/heart destroyer of game any of us have ever had the pleasure of watching lol 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ealingfox said:

He's better at certain aspects of football. 

However, he's snide and a negative influence in the dressing room. That factors in too. 

The fact that a large amount of people on this forum wouldn't touch him with a badge pole speaks for itself. I'd Henderson here. I'd be fuming if we signed the toxic asshole Pogba. 

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

BT Sport have 3 games on tonight reliving the 2015/16 season and the only Leicester game they've chosen is the Arsenal defeat at home lol

The other games are Norwich vs Liverpool and Chelsea vs Tottenham. 

Ffs haha, surely replace our win at the Etihad with the one where we lost at home to Arsenal?

46 minutes ago, AjcW said:

To be fair I’d consider Chelsea Vs Spurs to be a leicester game and also probably the most enjoyable/heart destroyer of game any of us have ever had the pleasure of watching lol 

Yeah that one I don't mind. To choose one of our (only) 3 defeats is an odd choice!