Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

They just seemed so clueless as to how to break us down .

Hardly any pace and loads of just trying to pass in front of our defence .

We managed to break easily against them too .

Certainly don't seem to have a lot of confidence or threat ATM .

The one mistake we did make Ali made us pay with the help of his shoulder .

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Garth Crooks is a literal idiot. Not everything is black and white. Nuance is required. Poch has elevated Spurs to another level. Pre-2014 Spurs were Everton 2.0. Since then they've been solid top 3 material. Yes he hasn't won anything but you cant say Poch isn't a top coach.

As much as I dislike Garth, and he’s generally clueless in what he says. I agree with elements of what he is saying here.

No doubt Poch is a great coach and most teams in the world would be improved by having him, however, he needs a trophy, he should be taking both domestic cup competitions seriously and bringing in some silverware.

Spurs supporters know they won’t be top 4 forever, they will dart around the top end, so when they are up they need something in the cabinet.

What did we think of Wolves 2 disallowed goals?

First one looked a handball but thought the yellow card was a bit harsh.

Second one was harsh on Wolves but his foot was offside. 

A friend who is a Wolves fan told me they struggle to create chances against the likes of Southampton and Burnley. Yesterday Saints had a higher xG than Wolves. 

I think Wolves will finish where they currently are, 10th-12th.

15 hours ago, Super_horns said:

They just seemed so clueless as to how to break us down .

Hardly any pace and loads of just trying to pass in front of our defence .

We managed to break easily against them too .

Certainly don't seem to have a lot of confidence or threat ATM .

The one mistake we did make Ali made us pay with the help of his shoulder .

You should have had a penalty too. You got shafted yesterday. Awful display for VAR in that game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

What did we think of Wolves 2 disallowed goals?

First one looked a handball but thought the yellow card was a bit harsh.

Second one was harsh on Wolves but his foot was offside. 

A friend who is a Wolves fan told me they struggle to create chances against the likes of Southampton and Burnley. Yesterday Saints had a higher xG than Wolves. 

I think Wolves will finish where they currently are, 10th-12th.

As did Burnley v us  .........

Edited by st albans fox

18 hours ago, DrezZone said:

Interesting thing is that we're the best team in the league right now when it comes to 2nd half results, but one of the worst in the first 15 minutes.

ff8f255.png

I think our second half record is so much better as our patient style of play eventually tires the opposition, and we capitalise from it.

As for our starts to games, we need to be a little more pragmatic, especially away from home for the first 15-20 mins to get the crowd quiet and frustrate the home fans. 

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

You should have had a penalty too. You got shafted yesterday. Awful display for VAR in that game. 

Not for the first time - we could have had one at Everton too in a similar situation.

Mind you don't think any penalty decision has been over turned for anyone.

I mean lets say that Wood/Evans in Evans clipping Wood  had been the other way round would a penalty been given!

18 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Not for the first time - we could have had one at Everton too in a similar situation.

I mean lets say that Wood/Evans in Evans clipping Wood  had been the other way round would a penalty been given!

Youve had a very hard start to the season but i think youre going to be fine.

Youve got battlers in the side and youve been really unlucky not to win A game so far.

Norwich are naive and rubbish. Sheff Utd could eventually struggle, Newcastle in a battle..... youll be ok i think.

34 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Only if it was given on the pitch. They seem to uphold the on-field call. I understand that but you are seeing blatant penalties not given twice in effect.

• Like 1

Happy whatever result really.

Liverpool win - Man Utd would have obviously lost, keeps some distance between us and it puts them in even more strife.

Draw - Neither win.

Man Utd win - It stalls Liverpool abit because I do not want the self pitying Scousers winning the league.

Ideally a draw.

I see Salah's not playing - Spose Klopp's gotta justify his outburst hasn't he.

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Happy whatever result really.

Liverpool win - Man Utd would have obviously lost, keeps some distance between us and it puts them in even strife.

Draw - Neither win.

Man Utd win - It stalls Liverpool abit because I do not want the self pitying Scousers winning the league.

Ideally a draw.

I see Salah's not playing - Spose Klopp's gotta justify his outburst hasn't he.

Assume Salah still recovering from his near death incident 

• Haha 4