Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

As funny as it would be they will not go down, lets be honest.

If they get anywhere near the bottom three after Christmas then they could pull in any half decent manager in the World.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Seems like every former player who played for Liverpool in the 1970s & 1980s are in the media. **** me, there are so many of them. On top of that there are so many blue ticks on Twitter who support Liverpool. These guys are over represented in the football media.

Probably still not over Wembley 2000.

Hopefully, anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

If they get anywhere near the bottom three after Christmas then they could pull in any half decent manager in the World.

I disagree. Who's going to want to risk getting Man Utd relegated on their CV?

Besides, no manager (bar Ranners) is a miracle worker. If the likes of Mourinho struggle there, what chance anyone else?

The squad is piss poor. Will need major surgery in Jan, when everyone knows they are absolutely desperate and will have to pay through the nose for anyone decent. Players will think twice about joining a sinking ship, as well.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MattP said:

That's bad, but it's not relegation form as it gives them about 45 points over a 38 game season.

It’s actually about 1.1 point per game, giving them around 42 points per season, in a good year teams have dropped on 42 points before. 

Even if they survived any team finishing on 42 points has definitely been in a fight! 

5 hours ago, Koke said:

Seems like every former player who played for Liverpool in the 1970s & 1980s are in the media. **** me, there are so many of them. On top of that there are so many blue ticks on Twitter who support Liverpool. These guys are over represented in the football media.

yeah there is quite a few liverpool players in the media but i mean that is literally the liverpool echo. it is meant to be biased. they have an everton section that is the exact same, probably even more biased and written by ex players, it's just nobody ever reads it cos, yano, everton innit. 

Simeone's the only man I imagine having Man U's desired impact. But he isn't going to leave Atletico for them them and he can't speak English lol

Whole Solskjaer thing is about evoking the ways of the past. Problem is it was only 6 years ago and Old Babyface isn't Sir Alex Ferguson. More hilarity please

3 hours ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

Jose eying up Spurs if the media is to be believed. 

Hopefully Poch - MaNUre. 

Leaves Brendan out of things- I’ll take that. 

If there ever was a miss match, this is it. Spurs are fiscally conservative and Mourinho is cavalier with his spending. 

10 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Your underestimating psychology and the role that plays.

The players have an almighty weight on their shoulders, and look devoid of any confidence.bit like us in 2007/2008, but multiplied ten times over.

like us back then, they are conceding very few, but can’t score! Sure we had the best defence when we went down? 

I don’t doubt they have injuries, but if your injured I doubt you’ll be In any rush to get back playing.

another manager may create a positive reaction, a la ole last year,(before things went bad again) however the club looks like it will be in a far worst state compared to last year.

3 hours ago, Koke said:

If there ever was a miss match, this is it. Spurs are fiscally conservative and Mourinho is cavalier with his spending. 

Agree!

Can you see Levy signing players for 100 million plus?!

Or Mourinho accepting spending nothing?

I'd actually say there is more chance of Tony Pulis going there!

14 hours ago, srbfox said:

Does this mean they are 62 x more likely to go down then us win the league at 5000/1? Do those numbers work? I don’t know but United/spurs  are a great to watch at the moment 

If true then it is a certainty that Manure go down.

12 hours ago, Langston said:

Surprised spurs aren't having a look at that Marcelino chap, granted my knowledge of La Liga is pretty limited but he seems to tick a lot of boxes

Good manager but he's quite cautious in the way he sets teams up, fell out with board at Villarreal too which would probably put Levy off

All this talk of Man utd going down made me think. has anyone else realised that if we had beaten them at OT as we should have done they would now be in the relegation zone!

I think if they actually did drop into the bottom three, even if only until all the weekends results were in, OGS would be history. He is already a dead man walking unless he can put a decent run together between now and the end of November

As much as I don't think they will be relegated wouldn't it just be  a blast if it was to happen!  the absolute meltdown on red cafe would be something to behold.

To those who say its impossible though, all I will say is that nothing is impossible in football.  Most people, including the bookies, thought that it was impossible for us to win the league in 2016.

• Like 1

if they get twatted by liverpool like they really should then he is gone. they just about put up with moyes and mourinho being rubbish for ages but they both got jibbed when they saw just how far away from their rivals both on and off the pitch they are. 

same will happen here pretty sure. if he scrapes a 0-0 or something that would be delightful. keep him in a job and take points off liverpool. would enjoy that a lot. 

14 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

if they get twatted by liverpool like they really should then he is gone. they just about put up with moyes and mourinho being rubbish for ages but they both got jibbed when they saw just how far away from their rivals both on and off the pitch they are. 

same will happen here pretty sure. if he scrapes a 0-0 or something that would be delightful. keep him in a job and take points off liverpool. would enjoy that a lot. 

You are probably correct. But I always find it odd that managers tend to get the sack after losing a big game.

He should already have gone. Losing to Liverpool will happen to most clubs this season.

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

You are probably correct. But I always find it odd that managers tend to get the sack after losing a big game.

He should already have gone. Losing to Liverpool will happen to most clubs this season.

oh yeah deffo, losing to palace at home, to newcastle, not winning an away game for 8 months or whatever are much more sackable offences than losing to this liverpool team, who will beat every single team (most of them twice) this season. 

but it just seems to be a pattern, especially with united. i guess it didn’t help moyes or jose that both got completely embarrassed by liverpool (and moyes by city as well a week or so later or whatever it was), not just beaten. liverpool had like 40 shots against mourinho’s united didn’t they, something outrageous like every outfield player and all three subs had a shot in the 90 mins. 

i guess when you’re a dead man walking you just need something to push you that final bit further. next weekend should be it, unfortunately. 

14 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Saw this earlier in the football gossip section on the BBC sport site.

20191009_203536.thumb.jpg.4aaa50611ec0c38a10d5b0140050952e.jpg

Made me laugh anyway lol

The second worst defender in a domestic top division maybe. Pretty sure hed walk into the dagenham & redbridge team no problem.

But on a more serious note was he not actually very good at Valencia? Seemed a top signing at the time

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Saw this earlier in the football gossip section on the BBC sport site.

20191009_203536.thumb.jpg.4aaa50611ec0c38a10d5b0140050952e.jpg

Made me laugh anyway lol

Read some of the transcript of the interview. The interviewer was an arsehole, incredibly disrespectful to Mustafi. We complain about the media in the country, and the non sports side are *****, but you'd never get a sports journalist talk to professional sportsman like the Marca guy did.

• Like 1