Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Zaha would flourish here but it aint ever going to happen ..     he thinks he's bigger than that ...    deluded prat ! ...   :)

No he wouldn't cos you have it right that he is a deluded prat and therefore would never fit in with the ethos of our club................ on the other hand tho

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Clutching at straws lol

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Sadio Mane: Liverpool forward 'not a diver', says Jurgen Klopp
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50294040

Used to like Klopp but between this and the Choudhury thing he’s come out with some right nonsense this season. 

despite all the evidence to the contrary. I know it is a managers job to stick up for their players but stop trying to dig other teams players out, it just makes you look like a hypocrite. No doubt when Liverpool player  goes in with a real leg breaker he will not admit it. At least Wenger never saw it. at least he then didnt have to try and defend the indefensible

22 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Only just come across this. State of them lol. Mirrors their football team...

its a good job they earn shed loads playing football cos they certainly ain't going to make a living out of brain surgery. Don't think either will be getting a call from Sue Barker any time soon.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Hamza accidentally catches Salah's ankle under his leg and is branded a dirty player etc etc Son accidentally causes a freak, fractured dislocation on Gomes and everyone feels for him. 

If that was Liverpool, Klopp would've ripped son as a dirty player.  its why i can't be doing with him anymore.

Didn’t hear him moaning about Milner with a filthy tackle in the Spurs game. 

Liverpool are a bigger cult than ever and Klopp has fully bought into it 

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Sadio Mane: Liverpool forward 'not a diver', says Jurgen Klopp
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50294040

Used to like Klopp but between this and the Choudhury thing he’s come out with some right nonsense this season. 

I'm really beginning to dislike Liverpool.  The way Henderson and Robertson shout really annoys me!

7 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The way they set up doesn't help either, unless PVA overlaps he is little to no support. He was working off scraps and loose balls yesterday. 

He's a good player, he'd come to life more in more attacking outfit.

He’s a decent player but he doesn’t do himself any favours, such a luxury player that wouldn’t be tolerated in many other teams, he should be loving the fact that teams now use full backs effectively as wingers he should be drifting into the empty spaces and giving the centre half an issue or forcing a midfielder to drop back 

23 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

He’s a decent player but he doesn’t do himself any favours, such a luxury player that wouldn’t be tolerated in many other teams, he should be loving the fact that teams now use full backs effectively as wingers he should be drifting into the empty spaces and giving the centre half an issue or forcing a midfielder to drop back 

The kind of player that gets away with it in a Palace side where hes their creative spark, similar to Mahrez with us at times. 

He's seemed to drop off since he didn't get his move, which isn't doing him any favours. Should be doing the opposite and kicking on to get that move 

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Alli has had 2 handball related incidents and been given the benefit of the doubt. 

'Ref Watch: 'Son red understandable''

http://www.skysports.com/share/11853949

The number of mistakes here shows how much we're cocking up using VAR. 

Main two for me are:

- Alli should've conceded a penalty for handball. 

- The Watford penalty shouldn't have stood

Fully agree with Alli, penalty. Son, not a penalty for me, clear dive. Sanchez tackle was also a penalty I think.

However, I disagree with everyone saying Watford's wasn't a penalty. He went down easily yes but here is why I think that was a clear foul play. Jorginho was it? Delofeu went past, the ball had gone, and Jorginho stuck his leg out to disrupt the opposition player. Very clear foul play for me and I would give a penalty. Watch the behind the goal replay, it's very cynical.

11 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Fully agree with Alli, penalty. Son, not a penalty for me, clear dive. Sanchez tackle was also a penalty I think.

However, I disagree with everyone saying Watford's wasn't a penalty. He went down easily yes but here is why I think that was a clear foul play. Jorginho was it? Delofeu went past, the ball had gone, and Jorginho stuck his leg out to disrupt the opposition player. Very clear foul play for me and I would give a penalty. Watch the behind the goal replay, it's very cynical.

What annoyed me on that tackle was Deulafeou takes another step and then falls once he sees Kepa come out. Straight away falling or tripping I'd agree with you, but the delay means it wasn't serious contact.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The kind of player that gets away with it in a Palace side where hes their creative spark, similar to Mahrez with us at times. 

He's seemed to drop off since he didn't get his move, which isn't doing him any favours. Should be doing the opposite and kicking on to get that move 

Yeah but you could forgive Mahrez’s lack of defensive responsibility because more often then not he delivered going forward 

Zaha is not helping his team in either capacity of attacking or defending 

13 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Yeah but you could forgive Mahrez’s lack of defensive responsibility because more often then not he delivered going forward 

Zaha is not helping his team in either capacity of attacking or defending 

I agree with you, Mahrez offered much more going forward. Roy seems to have not freed Zaha of defensive responsibilities and left him in a weird limbo. Would've made more sense to have him as the central striker, then ayew further out wide, allowing Zaha to float up top rather than track Perez and Ricardo

I wouldn't sign Zaha purely for the fact his face annoys me. He has that constantly look of surprise. Also he's a whiny little bitch when he gets fouled. Hazard used to get fouled way more than Zaha does but he just got on with it and usually made teams pay

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I agree with you, Mahrez offered much more going forward. Roy seems to have not freed Zaha of defensive responsibilities and left him in a weird limbo. Would've made more sense to have him as the central striker, then ayew further out wide, allowing Zaha to float up top rather than track Perez and Ricardo

Agreed try and use him the way West Ham used Arnautovic 

I think Roy did us a favour as was expecting Zaha to be up against Chilwell and Barnes 

22 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Agreed try and use him the way West Ham used Arnautovic 

I think Roy did us a favour as was expecting Zaha to be up against Chilwell and Barnes 

Especially against a side that will attack you, keep them up the pitch rather than most likely stuck in between attack and defence for most of the game. 

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

So according to sky there's only one Premier League game on this weekend.

Wall to wall coverage all week + several days of post match coverage. It will be nauseating. I'm pretty much ignoring all sports media this week that isn't specific LCFC related.

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

Andre Gomes out of hospital now, I expect him back in training tomorrow! 

Up and at them!

To be fair he will probably he in training within 2 weeks. Doing upper body etc.

a lot of chat saying he will be back in full triaing by the end of the season.

As someone who has just about finished rehab for a serious knee injury on the NHS, you can understand why these guys can recover so quickly these days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

So according to sky there's only one Premier League game on this weekend.

Yeah fully expect to switch the TV on at 4.30 pm on SATURDAY for a full 59 minutes of analysis and know-nothing prattle about MCFC vs L'pool on SUNDAY from idiotic so called pundits before they remember that they are actually supposed to be covering a LIVE GAME  between 3rd and 5th placed sides and quickly squeeze in the ads before going to KO at the KP. At which point we will no doubt be reminded that (despite this game being between 3rd and 5th placed teams), THAT YOU CAN WATCH ALL THE ACTION FROM TOMORROWS GAME HERE LIVE ON SKY. I wonder how many times they will manage to squeeze references to either of those teams into the commentary of our game.  "A fantastic effort on goal there by (insert players name of choice) who could well be a target for MCFC/LFC in January."  or "great play there by xxxxxx reminiscent of (insert your choice of similar player from LFC/MCFC".

May just have to watch it with the sound off.

• Like 1