Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Kane could always come here as Vardy's understudy. Sure he would eventually get a a run in team before he hits his thirties.:P

Seriously though he might actually find moving on difficult due to the astronomical price tag spurs would put on him. Can see him staying there until his current deal runs out then moving on a free for massive wages somewhere, probably abroad.the way that the spurs squad seems to be on the verge of self destructing it doesn't look like he will win anything any time soon there.

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

:giggle:

They are falling to pieces aren't they. Several senior players off for a free at the end of this season, Levy seemingly pathologically unable to invest in the playing staff, carp wage structure and if Poch goes i can see them going back to mid table mediocrity for a few years. My only fear is that they try and poach our coaching set up. hopefully Rodgers would see which direction they are heading and tell them not interested.

42 minutes ago, urban fox said:

They are falling to pieces aren't they. Several senior players off for a free at the end of this season, Levy seemingly pathologically unable to invest in the playing staff, carp wage structure and if Poch goes i can see them going back to mid table mediocrity for a few years. My only fear is that they try and poach our coaching set up. hopefully Rodgers would see which direction they are heading and tell them not interested.

I'm so ****ing happy Other Urban.

Genuinely believe if Spurs do not make top 4 this season, they could be in all sorts of trouble.

Players leaving on a free, no real money to invest in new players, a wage structure in line with mid table clubs, a manager on the way out. It’s a fine old mess 

6 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

crikey i had no idea kane was nearly 27. thought he was still about 23. he's fu cked. brilliant ahahaha. at least he's one of their own and he scored some pens against arsenal and cost them a shot at the champions league by playing when he was injured. 

lol I'm guessing he's on a long contract, as well. Might have to run that down to leave.

Is he one of their own? There's a photo of him in an Arsenal shirt when he was a kid.

8 hours ago, urban fox said:

12 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Don't think anyone will be able to afford Kane, how much is he on a week? Can't see how anyone will pay upwards of £200m, will have to be an expensive asset+cash but what player worth upwards of £100m would want to go to spurs at this time? Think he's stuck there.

I hate to say it but Tottenhams business plan is probably the best in the country. 

They pay low wages and the rest of the wages are made up from bonuses, more clubs should follow. It actually makes players want to perform... you could argue that this season has gone wrong with Jan nailing CE wife but that's another story. 

• Like 2

A Spurs fan I know said to me a couple of years back that they would implode soon. He gave Levy as the reason, he won’t pay top draw wages and also refuses to sell players, quoting ridiculous sums of money for half decent footballers. Sooner or later players will run down their contracts and leave for nothing and they’ll be hard to replace because other players won’t want to join them if there’s no chance of a pay rise when deserved or a chance of moving to a bigger club. I didn’t believe him at the time but it’s looking likely and now they have the huge stadium debt around their neck too, they could drop out of the top 4 for some years to come. 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

I hate to say it but Tottenhams business plan is probably the best in the country. 

They pay low wages and the rest of the wages are made up from bonuses, more clubs should follow. It actually makes players want to perform... you could argue that this season has gone wrong with Jan nailing CE wife but that's another story. 

i’m not sure it makes players want to perform. i think it might make players want to leave. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

I think there may be more to it than a possible betrayal in the squad.

I think it's gone a bit stale there. I don't think enough has been done to keep the squad fresh and this might have dented morale slightly. I think players want to see new players coming in and improving the squad - evidence that the club is matching their ambition. The lack of transfer activity could be due to Levy's unrealistic expectations regarding fees, or just reluctance to let any player go. They're starting to pay for that now with players running their contracts down and leaving for free.

Another factor could be the total lack of silverware. There's only so many times you can tell yourself, "next season," before you start to have serious doubts. I reckon losing a CL final will have been the final straw for a few of their players. I can imagine they might feel like that was their big chance, and they blew it. It could be that they feel like they've done all they can for years, but are destined to go home empty-handed each year.

I agree that they have a good plan, and it was working well, but I think their squad probably needs rebuilding now. Seems like it's come to the end of its cycle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

lol I'm guessing he's on a long contract, as well. Might have to run that down to leave.

Is he one of their own? There's a photo of him in an Arsenal shirt when he was a kid.

Signed a 6 year deal last summer.

He'll be stuck there long-term, for sure. Only way out is if he has some sort of (reduced) release clause if they fail to qualify for CL/EL. Or even relegation... :ph34r:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

i’m not sure it makes players want to perform. i think it might make players want to leave. 

Exactly, it's all well and good but when a lot of clubs who pay big bunce don't do this it's inevitably going to lead to players getting pissed off and wanting out. Not winning any trophies when in a position to do so for a number of years will effect this as well, they have a model that on paper might look good but on grass they are bottleless gits and in the end the better players can and will command much more money elsewhere and probably add a couple of bits of silverware to their CV before they retire.

2 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

If they are so much in debt how can this be true to fair play rules?

Managed debt. They still make enough profit to cover it because they're Manchester Utd. But in essence, with so much debt, all the Glazers have been doing for years is pay the interest off on those debts rather than paying those debts off.

They still have original loan debt that they borrowed to buy the bloody club and that was over 10 years ago!

That's the biggest con as they could have paid off that loan years ago but haven't. This is why Manchester Utd will never be able to win anything anymore. Their owners are parasites.