Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Genuine question. Why do people seem to take such joy in abusing Harry Kane and seeing him struggle, especially whilst playing for England? Comes across as a pretty decent guy, never really let England down, is a top striker and isn’t flash etc. I can understand club fans giving him a bit of stick because he always scores against your club for example, but he does get a lot of unwarranted stick.

The whole speech impediment abuse is pretty out of order imo.

Plays for Spuds. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Genuine question. Why do people seem to take such joy in abusing Harry Kane and seeing him struggle, especially whilst playing for England? Comes across as a pretty decent guy, never really let England down, is a top striker and isn’t flash etc. I can understand club fans giving him a bit of stick because he always scores against your club for example, but he does get a lot of unwarranted stick.

Don`t dislike him even slightly, just another guy who seems decent enough, but in his case, he just happens to play for an opponent. :dunno:

12 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Genuine answer now I've had a think about it. 

It is the England narrative of him being world class. And as much as he's a good striker, Harry Kane is not world class. 

We've had Shearer, prime Owen and Rooney over the last 30 years and Kane honestly does not live up to any of them despite what the Spuds, England team and media want us to believe. He's a flat track bully who can't do it against the big teams whereas the other 3 I have mentioned have, and are winners.

They have medals and trophies to back it up. Harry Kane has won the square root of **** all and the championing of him as some sort of heroic winner is at odds with reality.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Wouldn't happen if he was a foreigner with that record. His goal scoring record is unreal.

14 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

It is the England narrative of him being world class. And as much as he's a good striker, Harry Kane is not world class. 

We've had Shearer, prime Owen and Rooney over the last 30 years and Kane honestly does not live up to any of them despite what the Spuds, England team and media want us to believe. He's a flat track bully who can't do it against the big teams whereas the other 3 I have mentioned have, and are winners.

They have medals and trophies to back it up. Harry Kane has won the square root of **** all and the championing of him as some sort of heroic winner is at odds with reality.

Kane has scored more goals against "top 6 rivals" than Rooney did. I'm pretty sure Kane scores against Arsenal consistently, I remember him scoring a hat trick against Chelsea the other season and he definitely scored at at Old Trafford last season..

Medals and trophies don't define how good a player is and I've never understood that argument. Gerrard didn't win a league title, Shearer won one trophy, Le Tissier won fvck all. All great players though.

I don't like Spurs at all but acknowledge a couple of their players are great. If Kane went to Madrid or Barca he'd still knock them in consistently, and win things with it to. Suppose it depends how much he wants to play for Spurs, the three players I listed as examples all played for their hometown club and that's probably worth more to them than anything else.

I find the constantly picking of Kane weird, especially when no other England player contributes to the Country either.

But I do agree with Shearer/Owen/Rooney being World Class. Such a shame Owen has become a parody now because he was a great great player and genuinely World Class.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 4

Just now, Fox92 said:

Kane scored more goals against "top 6 rivals" than Rooney did. I'm pretty sure Kane scores against Arsenal consistently, I remember him scoring a hat trick against Chelsea the other season and he definitely scored at at Old Trafford last season..

Medals and trophies don't define how good a player is and I've never understood that argument. Gerrard didn't win a league title, Shearer won one trophy, Le Tissier won fvck all. All great players though.

I don't like Spurs at all but acknowledge a couple of their players are great. If Kane went to Madrid or Barca he'd still knock them in consistently, and win things with it to. 

Did say talking about internationals. And as good as his club level scoring is, can he bring it to the big stage. So far? No. 

And it's not just about the medals and trophies, it's the winning mentality! 

Shearer may have 1 Premier. But he's a winner. Gerrard might not have a title but FA cups, League cups and a Champions league. 

Not getting the Le Tiss one though. 

But whether people get it or not, Winning changes the perception of a person.

Swap the 15/16 season around. Spuds win and Kane is a Premier League winner. Jamie Vardy would just be another English striker with a good non league story. Same as Charlie Austin or Ricky Lambert. But because we won, perceptions shifted. 

The way we won the title was because we fostered a winning mentality from the Championship and which we've continually tried to uphold.

So despite scoring a lot of goals. Does anyone actually see the drive, intensity and winning mentality from Kane? 

I'm not a Spurs fan but from an England showing, I can't see it.

39 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Never let England down

d1e83375860cc09f1c9b48af8b415f33.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Did say talking about internationals. And as good as his club level scoring is, can he bring it to the big stage. So far? No. 

And it's not just about the medals and trophies, it's the winning mentality! 

Shearer may have 1 Premier. But he's a winner. Gerrard might not have a title but FA cups, League cups and a Champions league. 

Not getting the Le Tiss one though. 

But whether people get it or not, Winning changes the perception of a person.

Swap the 15/16 season around. Spuds win and Kane is a Premier League winner. Jamie Vardy would just be another English striker with a good non league story. Same as Charlie Austin or Ricky Lambert. But because we won, perceptions shifted. 

The way we won the title was because we fostered a winning mentality from the Championship and which we've continually tried to uphold.

So despite scoring a lot of goals. Does anyone actually see the drive, intensity and winning mentality from Kane? 

I'm not a Spurs fan but from an England showing, I can't see it.

Oh right, yeah I agree with the mentality thing. That's a problem I've thought recently with so many from Spurs and I think it's a problem for Spurs themselves.

I don't really think any England player brings it to the big stage though, that's my point. People knock Kane but who else does what?

Messi hasn't done anything on the International stage. He scored one goal at the last World Cup. Won nothing.

Vardy wouldn't just be another English striker with the goals he scores, regardless of whether we won the league or not. Austin or Lambert never scored as many as Vardy on a consistent basis. Man Utd used to win everything and players like Wes Brown and David May have multiple honours so you're telling me they are regarded higher than players that haven't won a league title?

Edited by Fox92

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Oh right, yeah I agree with the mentality thing. That's a problem I've thought recently with so many from Spurs and I think it's a problem for Spurs themselves.

I don't really think any England player brings it to the big stage though, that's my point. People knock Kane but who else does what?

Vardy wouldn't just be another English striker with the goals he scores, regardless of whether we won the league or not. Austin or Lambert never scored as many as Vardy on a consistent basis. Man Utd used to win everything and players like Wes Brown and David May have multiple honours so you're telling me they are regarded higher than players that haven't won a league title?

For some teams yeah. Unless you're Real, Barca or Man City you can't have a team full of superstars. 

There are plenty of players that help facilitate the bigger names.

We had Vardy, Mahrez and Kante as our stars but where would we be without the Okazaki's, Simpson's, Drinkwater's and Albrighton's of the world?

Also Kane scoring against current Man Utd and current Arsenal isn't the same. Both those 2 teams aren't what they used to be at all. Would love to have seen Kane go up against prime Ferdinand and Vidic rather than Rojo or Lindenlof... 

7 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Wouldn't swap Vardy for Kane... 

No LCFC supporter would. 

No more would I. And the media canonisation of the bloke wears a trifle thin. But he's got a knack of scoring goals.

Quite a useful trait for a striker, I'd have thought.

1 hour ago, LC/FC said:

I really think there's something to this. It's not Kane himself that's the real target, though for all purposes he ends up being in the cross-hairs. It's the larger, skewed narrative of 'world-class' being hoisted upon every English player who has a chance to become a Galatico or the next global sensation. In a football mad country with a media that demands a poster child for that hope, the lashing out finds a target in Kane.

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 1

Plays for Spurs for starters, they’ve become the most disliked club on here so him being a successful goal scorer for them makes him an instant target, also him making the England striker spot his own whilst our own beloved Vards had to play second fiddle when he deserved better doesn’t sit well.  

• Like 3