Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

6 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Good quiz on Four Four Two to name the top 5 English goalscorers from every Premier League season.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/football-quiz-can-you-name-top-five-english-goalscorers-every-premier-league-season

Still impressed with myself for getting the Ipswich player from 2000/01, Coventry player from 1997/98 and Spurs player in 1995/96.

Never even heard of the Man City player from the 92/93 season. I can put that down to only being 1/2 at the time and not hearing his name banded about since. 

I spent the first five minutes typing in Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Yorke etc and wondering why they didn’t appear on the list.
Then I twigged it’s only English players. Twat I am :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Peak international break stuff; order these mangers. 

For me: Fergie, Pep, Jose, Klopp.

Klopp can't compete with any of them until he wins the prem. 

Ferguson 

Pep

Mourinho 

Klopp

Pep will overtake Fergusson when he is 60.

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

5 seasons at Spurs and each season has been an improvement on the previous, until now. It's not his fault there are several key players out of contract and thus look unmotivated. Poch deserves a chance to rectify this situation and rebuild the squad. 

Poch is a brilliant coach and I doubt Spurs will get anyone better.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

ecryobb33ay31.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

Saw this on Reddit, and came from a Chelsea site originally. It's trying to judge how difficult each team's fixtures have been and will be in the future based on their current league position and points accumulated.

Very interesting reading, because it shows in terms of relative fixtures left for us this season, we have "easier" fixtures for the rest of the season than those we have played so far. The only downer is that Liverpool on paper have an even easier fixture list! Maybe some good news is that Chelsea have a tougher time coming up, and the difference between 3rd and 4th is quite a big one as 3rd place gets an automatic place in the Champions League whereas 4th place has to go into a qualifying round.

Also interesting to see just how well Sheffield United have done, 5th place despite having a very hard list of fixtures so far, and ominous for Everton who on paper had the easiest fixture list but now have a nightmare run of fixtures left to go. Newcastle also look to have done surprisingly well despite us clattering them 5-0.

That changed years ago. Doesn't matter whether you finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th. The only difference is a little more prize money the higher we finish. CL group stages are guaranteed for the Top 4.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

ecryobb33ay31.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

Saw this on Reddit, and came from a Chelsea site originally. It's trying to judge how difficult each team's fixtures have been and will be in the future based on their current league position and points accumulated.

Very interesting reading, because it shows in terms of relative fixtures left for us this season, we have "easier" fixtures for the rest of the season than those we have played so far. The only downer is that Liverpool on paper have an even easier fixture list! Maybe some good news is that Chelsea have a tougher time coming up, and the difference between 3rd and 4th is quite a big one as 3rd place gets an automatic place in the Champions League whereas 4th place has to go into a qualifying round.

Also interesting to see just how well Sheffield United have done, 5th place despite having a very hard list of fixtures so far, and ominous for Everton who on paper had the easiest fixture list but now have a nightmare run of fixtures left to go. Newcastle also look to have done surprisingly well despite us clattering them 5-0.

Everton and west ham could be in trouble looking at that 

Also watford and Norwich could feel hard done by 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

This isn't really a fine is it? To a footballer who probs earns triple that a week and banning from 1 game isn't going to do shit. 

It's an insult, that's what it is. Racist??? It's PC gone fookin mad. 

Edited by steveherbe
  • Like 1