Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

36 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Good to see Messi win Ballon D'or no 6.

Dont get me wrong, VVD is a class act but an excellent season from him isnt as good as an 'average' Messi season, Messi is just that good.

Lewandowski should have won it over either. Hid scoring record in 2019 was insane.

5 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Most apps can be cast via Chromecast to your telly, but Amazon specifically not as Amazon want you to buy a firestick rather than a chromecast.

That's no longer the case! You can now cast from the Amazon app to your Chromecast.  Google and Amazon seem to have sorted out their differences on that one.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Fml, comments on that say it all lol How he can choose Rashford over one of the best strikers in the prem is beyond me. No doubt Rashford is a huge talent, but c'mon pull your head out your ass

One is his teammate. The other isn’t.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, nnfox said:

A Liverpool supporting mate, to be fair, pointed out to me that if it was us that were awarded a dubious 95th minute penalty at Anfield and not them, then the gap would be 2 points. Fine margins.

Must. Stay. Grounded.

Which just goes to show fine margins indeed. Makes boxing day a true six pointer. could be the difference between 5 points (in with a shout if a a couple of other results go for us before end of season) and its all over (11 points and the form they are in insurmountably). i think this game will be a season defining one like our Man city 15/16 moment 

8 hours ago, Nalis said:

Good to see Messi win Ballon D'or no 6.

Dont get me wrong, VVD is a class act but an excellent season from him isnt as good as an 'average' Messi season, Messi is just that good.

Messi is the GOAT. He is virtually carrying Barcelona by himself this season and last season at age 32. 

I like van Dijk. He's actually my most liked Liverpool player, he's top drawer.

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

A Liverpool fan calling about other teams officiating luck :rolleyes:

VAR isn't luck anyhow, it's either right or wrong in most cases, the majority having been the ones we've faced. 

Screenshot_20191202-211724.thumb.png.f82e5a220656caa4fe032ef19384a1ae.png

I’d love to see his chart, because I’m pretty sure for everyone we’ve had one go for us, we’ve also had one go against us.

V Spurs we both had a goal disallowed (both correctly so)

V Everton we had the penalty taken off us, then got the goal (both correct imo)

V Burnley they correctly had a goal chalked off

V Liverpool we had a debatable penalty go against us.

V Wolves we had a handball go for us.

Apologies if I’ve missed any. Based on this though, if VAR had not been in operation and we completely ignore the thousands of other variables. We are +2 in terms of points - and still 2nd if someone wants to take them away!

12 hours ago, nnfox said:

A Liverpool supporting mate, to be fair, pointed out to me that if it was us that were awarded a dubious 95th minute penalty at Anfield and not them, then the gap would be 2 points. Fine margins.

Must. Stay. Grounded.

4 points by my maths, but I get the point you’re making.

19 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

We're 8 points behind. We'd be three points better off, and they'd be three points worse off. Add three points to our total and it becomes a 5 points gap, then take three points off theirs, makes it a 2 point gap.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

5 by mine 😝 someone needs to clear this up.

8pt lead -2pts plus 1pt for the draw for us

5pts 

no it’s too early if WE got the penalty instead! Sorry way too early 

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

5 by mine 😝 someone needs to clear this up.

8pt lead -2pts plus 1pt for the draw for us

5pts 

Wouldn't have been a draw, the guy was saying if we got a penalty instead of liverpool, so we'd have won.

Haha we are all over the place here, just read the original post again and can confirm the original is correct - if we had a penalty instead - sorry got to learn to read.

Liverpool would be -3 and we would be +3 leaving the difference 2 points.

Unless we miss the penalty then Liverpool are - 2 and we are plus 1. My apologies to the original poster!

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

The truth maybe. 

No one would, in his shoes. Aren’t we better than being obsessed with criticizing every move Maguire makes because he dared leave us for a richer club?

Edited by Deeg67

Guest Markyblue
27 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

No one would, in his shoes. Aren’t we better than being obsessed with criticizing every move Maguire makes because he dared leave us for a richer club?

Really not having a go at Maguire,  thought he was good for us but not a player who we couldn't replace.  The fee we got for him wasn't his fault but it was probably double his value. He seems a decent bloke and good luck to him.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

We're 8 points behind. We'd be three points better off, and they'd be three points worse off. Add three points to our total and it becomes a 5 points gap, then take three points off theirs, makes it a 2 point gap.

Rachel, where are you?

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

What did people think a 6 pointer meant? 

• Haha 1

I think Pep coming out and saying he's happy with his defence and they'll sort things out in the summer when contracts expire etc is basically Man City throwing in the towel. 

Al Mubarak is a really smart guy, as is Begiristain, they're not going to spend for no reason. They'll have weighed and up their odds and there's no way they wouldn't reinforce if they thought a push was on. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I think Pep coming out and saying he's happy with his defence and they'll sort things out in the summer when contracts expire etc is basically Man City throwing in the towel. 

Al Mubarak is a really smart guy, as is Begiristain, they're not going to spend for no reason. They'll have weighed and up their odds and there's no way they wouldn't reinforce if they thought a push was on. 

Maybe in the league but surely they have to reinforce for the Champions league. Great opportunity for them to focus solely on winning that

Edited by foxfanazer