Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Liverpool’s premier league record since the beginning of last season reads

P52 W43 D8 L1 

😳 it’s clearly going to need a massive drop in form for them to mess it up this season, we obviously just need to keep winning and just hope they crack under pressure.

They might not lose another game, but we only need them to draw a couple of games and we are right up their arse.

• Like 2

Just now, StanSP said:

Everton almost always get scared and bend over at Anfield. Certified 3 points for Liverpool. 

The positive thing for us and anyone else who fancies a shot at the title is their severely congested month coming up. Their record is phenomenal and shouldn't be sniffed at. But this month could see them drop more points than usual. Up to us to capitalise on it. 

You’re right, I’m not sure they have the quality in reserve should the fixture congestion take its toll, we can only hope. 

7 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Liverpool’s premier league record since the beginning of last season reads

P52 W43 D8 L1 

😳 it’s clearly going to need a massive drop in form for them to mess it up this season, we obviously just need to keep winning and just hope they crack under pressure.

those 8 draws are enough to lose a 8 point lead, they might not lose many games, I still think they will lose a couple for sure but they could quite easily draw a few as well, the same goes for us as though, its far from over yet..

the fact we still have to play them which would be a must win if we have any desire to win it would bring the gap to 5 points, 2 draws and its wide open again

Edited by whoareyaaa

37 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

those 8 draws are enough to lose a 8 point lead, they might not lose many games, I still think they will lose a couple for sure but they could quite easily draw a few as well, the same goes for us as though, its far from over yet..

the fact we still have to play them which would be a must win if we have any desire to win it would bring the gap to 5 points, 2 draws and its wide open again

We also have to beat Man City before Boxing Day as well in my opinion, in fact we need to win our next 5 which would mean 11 wins on the spin, outrageous and that might still mean we're still 5 points behind them.

While Liverpool is scary strong at getting the points that matter, TBH they haven't really blown me away this season with how they actually play as they seem to have to work hard to get the wins ... while the pointscoring is on pace with last season, IMHO they're playing nowhere nearly as good, but is helped by opponent teams whiffing it... Wouldn't rule out a small winter slump

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Dunno where to post this, but guess somebody good with tech can answer; Can an Amazon app (I presume there is one) be cast to my telly via Chromecast, like I do sky (via nowtv app) and BT Sport app?

I know this isn't exactly what you're asking but do you have a console in the house? Like xbox or PlayStation? 

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

Scholes on Ljungberg.

One of the dumbest pundits out there. Worse than Sutton and Merse.

Daniel Storey on Twitter pointed out that Scholes had similar attire to Ljungberg in his first match in charge of Oldham.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, nnfox said:

A Liverpool supporting mate, to be fair, pointed out to me that if it was us that were awarded a dubious 95th minute penalty at Anfield and not them, then the gap would be 2 points. Fine margins.

Must. Stay. Grounded.

Wasn't happy with the mane penalty award but to expect it to be given to us would be stretching my personal bias ………….

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wasn't happy with the mane penalty award but to expect it to be given to us would be stretching my personal bias ………….

Well someone's clearly a secret LiVARpool fan. Nailed on Leicester pen.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

Everton almost always get scared and bend over at Anfield. Certified 3 points for Liverpool. 

The positive thing for us and anyone else who fancies a shot at the title is their severely congested month coming up. Their record is phenomenal and shouldn't be sniffed at. But this month could see them drop more points than usual. Up to us to capitalise on it. 

They play 10 games in december/ news years day, 1 being a club world cup which they reckon will be a second string, and one champions league which they only need a draw for and then one  that's been postponed which could mean 9 games. We play 8 games in the same period, not a huge amount of difference! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Dunno where to post this, but guess somebody good with tech can answer; Can an Amazon app (I presume there is one) be cast to my telly via Chromecast, like I do sky (via nowtv app) and BT Sport app?

Yep works in exactly the same way as those apps :yahoo:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Most apps can be cast via Chromecast to your telly, but Amazon specifically not as Amazon want you to buy a firestick rather than a chromecast.