Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I think Pep coming out and saying he's happy with his defence and they'll sort things out in the summer when contracts expire etc is basically Man City throwing in the towel. 

Al Mubarak is a really smart guy, as is Begiristain, they're not going to spend for no reason. They'll have weighed and up their odds and there's no way they wouldn't reinforce if they thought a push was on. 

If Pep - one month before the transfer window opens - came out and said he desperately needs new signings to keep them competitive then they would be absolutely rinsed by anyone they try to buy off of.

Him saying that he's happy with what he's got will just be a smokescreen so they can go about their business quietly and hold a stronger negotiating position. This way, they can believably say to any team they're negotiating with that they're happy to walk away from a deal if its more than they're happy to pay (even if they're bluffing), so the selling team drops the price so they don't lose a sale.

They overturned a sizable deficit with fewer games left to play last season - they won't be throwing in the towel just yet...

16 minutes ago, Xen said:

If Pep - one month before the transfer window opens - came out and said he desperately needs new signings to keep them competitive then they would be absolutely rinsed by anyone they try to buy off of.

Also possible, I accept, but I think if they bid for a defender right now everyone's going to see through the bullshit anyway and rinse them accordingly. 

Wouldnt surprise me if they really don't sign anyone tbh. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Also possible, I accept, but I think if they bid for a defender right now everyone's going to see through the bullshit anyway and rinse them accordingly. 

Wouldnt surprise me if they really don't sign anyone tbh. 

Oh, I agree. Similar to how we were being quoted stupid prices for CBs last summer because everyone knew that if we bought someone it was an admission that we were about to get a windfall for Maguire. Even though it was an open secret (as are Man City's own issues) it still doesn't make sense for the club to confirm it.

Gotta admit that I'm enjoying seeing Man City slipping up so much this season, even if it does end up handing the title to Liverpool...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Watching a bit of Burnley v Man City, just to see what Amazon Prime is going to deliver...

(obviously for tomorrow)

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Just tuned in as well, interesting they've got an ex Man City player on but no one on the Burnley side. 

Quality seems spot on (for now) Fingers crossed it stays like this. 

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Quality seems spot on (for now) Fingers crossed it stays like this. 

Quite happy I can watch the first half of Palace vs Bournemouth before Man City kick off, even if the times are weird. 

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Guess the proof will be when we live pitch side, but so far so good.

You're right, we'll see what the commetary team are like and who they have 

• Like 2

If this goes well, it will be very interesting to see what the future holds.

This is the dream for the average fan. If they secure more game weeks (and possibly the rights to Saturday 3pm games) then I expect my Amazon Prime to go up from £7.99 lol

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

If this goes well, it will be very interesting to see what the future holds.

This is the dream for the average fan. If they secure more game weeks (and possibly the rights to Saturday 3pm games) then I expect my Amazon Prime to go up from £7.99 lol

Would love Amazon to get more if this format goes well. Love the option of watching any game I want on the day.  

just switched on. picture quality is spot on full HD. see how the stream holds up once the game starts.I suspect part of the reason they are staggering the KO times tomorrow is to make sure that there is not a surge on the servers to allow the streams to settle. Plus no doubt some will stay on to watch the end of one of the later games thus better figures for the advertisers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I'd happily pay for a subscription to choose to watch us every away week.  Perfect this.  Sky can **** off.

Hopefully Amazon have the will and power to remove the 3pm blackout, maybe, hmmm, not sure know I think about it...:unsure: