Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Can't see a top 4 push myself. We don't score enough goals. 

Nuno certainly has complained about our Christmas schedule though. We play Man City at home on 27th due to Amazon moving it back 24hrs from the Boxing Day schedule. But then we also have to go to Anfield on the 29th, meaning we have 45 hours between two incredibly tough games, which is just ridiculous. Nuno has said that we are now playing in more competitions than most yet we're the only ones hard done by in that set of fixtures. He's asked to meet with the FA about it too. 

The teams you happen to be playing shouldn't come into it tbh. It's bad luck, but you're opening a much bigger can of worms by letting teams change their fixtures based on who you're playing and when. And wrong as it is 45 hours is not unusual now for that week of the year.

10 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Nuno certainly has complained about our Christmas schedule though. We play Man City at home on 27th due to Amazon moving it back 24hrs from the Boxing Day schedule. But then we also have to go to Anfield on the 29th, meaning we have 45 hours between two incredibly tough games, which is just ridiculous. Nuno has said that we are now playing in more competitions than most yet we're the only ones hard done by in that set of fixtures. He's asked to meet with the FA about it too. 

Tbh he has a point, 45 hours between playing arguably 2 of the best teams in Europe is ridiculous. Especially both in the same competition 

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Tbh he has a point, 45 hours between playing arguably 2 of the best teams in Europe is ridiculous. Especially both in the same competition 

It doesn't matter who the teams are, that wasnt decided by Amazon or any other broadcaster. It was decided by the fixture computer before the season started.

Over a dozen teams are playing twice in 48 hours, Wolves aren't the only ones. The only teams who've been given an extra day off are Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool (shock) and Sheffield United. We're playing at 8pm on the 26th then 5:30pm on the 28th - also 45 hours. Obviously its bullshit, as is this whole obsession with festive fixtures, but Wolves aren't being singled out here.

15 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Didn't realise that. Don't blame Nuno for complaining about it. Hands a big advantage to L'pool (as if they needed it).

Would be even sweeter if Wolves manage to take points off of them - after we've beaten them, of course!

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

It doesn't matter who the teams are, that wasnt decided by Amazon or any other broadcaster. It was decided by the fixture computer before the season started.

Over a dozen teams are playing twice in 48 hours, Wolves aren't the only ones. The only teams who've been given an extra day off are Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool (shock) and Sheffield United. We're playing at 8pm on the 26th then 5:30pm on the 28th - also 45 hours. Obviously its bullshit, as is this whole obsession with festive fixtures, but Wolves aren't being singled out here.

I think its more the fact they are playing 2 of the top teams in the division and if they want (have any chance) of winning they will not be able to rotate their better players. 

I know we are in a similar situation regarding time between games but we in a much better position regarding who we are playing and will be able to at least rest a few players in one of the games.  

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I think its more the fact they are playing 2 of the top teams in the division and if they want (have any chance) of winning they will not be able to rotate their better players. 

I know we are in a similar situation regarding time between games but we in a much better position regarding who we are playing and will be able to at least rest a few players in one of the games.  

Yes but as I said, the broadcasters didn't decide that Wolves would play Man City and Liverpool in succession at the end of December. That was done by the PL when they generated the fixtures pre-season. It's bad luck with the opponents and nothing more - they've got the same gap between games as others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

Liverpool very fortunate not to have 2-3 players sent off... not only the stamp Trent did but the nasty late tackle when on a yellow, still no second yellow??!! VVD taking out a player through on goal and Everton get nothing for it! Robertson should get retrospective action for that elbow drop of back of Davies neck but then again it’s a Liverpool so it’ll probably be forgotten about.

whilst Vards get a yellow for diving and VAR sticks with the refs decision 😂😂

It’s all going for them at the min but we’re chipping away which is all we can do!

Both fullbacks should. But neither fullback will. I dont know how VAR didn't pick it up tbh, but yesterday seems to have been another horrific day for them.

• Like 1

Jamie Vardy was wrongly booked for simulation in Leicester's win over Watford, according to Dermot Gallagher on Ref Watch.

INCIDENT: Despite looking like contact was made, Jamie Vardy is booked for simulation in the first half after a challenge from Adrian Mariappa. VAR doesn't overturn the decision as referee Craig Pawson was perfectly positioned. Leicester do eventually get a penalty awarded in the second half when Jonny Evans goes down after grappling with Adam Masina.

DERMOT SAYS: If the referee had the chance again, he'd give the first one and not the second one. For the one he did give, both players look like they are at it. The referee sees the conclusion of the incident rather than the start of the incident, that's why he's given it.

On the Vardy one, the referee has re-laid back to the VAR what he's seen - if the referee sees that then it's not a clear and obvious error. The referee is convinced it's simulation. But it's clearly a penalty. The clue is where the ball goes. Mariappa doesn't get anywhere the ball and Vardy nips the ball away.

So what is the point of VAR if they are just going to confirm the referee's mistakes?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/32461/11878611/ref-watch-jamie-vardy-wrongly-booked-for-simulation-in-leicester-win-over-watford

• Like 1

On 04/12/2019 at 09:19, UniFox21 said:

It used to piss me off how they'd almost exclude us from any talk on the gap between Liverpool and Man City, as if we're just keep 2nd place warm for Man City.

But tbh, **** 'em. We know we're playing good football, the league knows it too. We don't need validation from the media, lets just do what we do well and cause an upset again. Lets ruin the european coefficient again 

We as Leicester fans are the same! Looking at the gap to Man U and Spurs, not mentioning Wolves or Sheff Utd. It's the natural thing, look back to the perceived biggest challengers. Don't let it get to you bud. 

• Like 1

Was listening to 5live just after half 6 when they announced the Sheff Utd v Newcastle team news. Apparently Sheff Utd have made 3 changes which includes Henderson coming back in (he started Saturday) and Roy Carroll is starting up front for Newcastle. Alan Green on the ball as ever.

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Looking forward to watching Sheff United. Disappointed that Mousset is on the bench as he's been exciting to watch. Andy Carroll starting will be interesting to watch as well

Also disappointed that they have Mousset on the bench. He's their most dangerous attacking threat.

Everton have sacked manager Marco Silva after 18 months, with the club in the Premier League relegation zone after their Merseyside derby humiliation.

Wednesday's 5-2 defeat by Liverpool at Anfield was their ninth of the season and leaves them 18th in the Premier League after three successive losses.

Silva, who took charge in May 2018, won 24 and lost 24 of his 60 games.

Everton are now searching for their fourth permanent boss since Roberto Martinez was sacked in May 2016.

Former Everton manager David Moyes has been considered as a potential interim successor, but the suggestion has sparked a largely negative reaction from supporters and it remains to be seen whether majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri and his boardroom colleagues ignore that and invite the 56-year-old Scot to return.

Moyes spent 11 years as Everton manager, and his return has been seen by fans as a retrograde step given his lack of success since leaving for Manchester United in 2013.

He was sacked at United and Real Socieded and was in charge of Sunderland when they were relegated from the Premier League before having a short spell at West Ham.

It has been suggested that if Moyes does return he could bring another Everton old boy Tim Cahill back as his assistant.

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

You joke but I reckon Everton fans would fancy their chances of landing him

They think they’re getting Simeone the absolute freaks lol 

Although to be fair - I know quite a lot of Ev and they’re dead sound! As Liverpool fans actually from Liverpool are too. It’s just the “Mackem Reds” or “Surrey Shankly Division” that put me off them. 

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Silva sacked. Hide Brendan. 

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I am shocked.  Shocked I tells ya, that Silva has been given the elbow. 

lol

What makes this particularly ironic is that Silva, Everton and Watford are now reaping the seeds they sew two years ago. Classless, opportunistic behaviour has now bitten all of them in the behind.

I‘d like to feel sympathy, but I can‘t.

• Like 3