Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, Corky said:

This is what we're up against- a team that can make significant changes and still win comfortably.

So like leicester in the past 2 games we have made significant changes to win games.

We will catch them hopefully the start of there down fall will be boxing day

Just now, wardyfox86 said:

Even if we win every game, can you really see them even dropping 8 points this season?

That's the problem. I can see them dropping up to five due to the competitive nature of the league and fixture congestion but eight? Plus we have to be perfect to stay in the hunt.

Very tough

• Like 1

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

8 points sounds a lot but if they slip up before we meet them and we beat them at home, 8 points becomes 2.  

It's called optimism.   lol

Mind you, VAR will no doubt help them out once again.

Next two are Bournemouth and Watford. We play Man City when they are in Qatar.

Hopefully we'll make up some points when they don't play but they've got West Ham as a game in hand.

Just now, Tanya said:

That's the problem. I can see them dropping up to five due to the competitive nature of the league and fixture congestion but eight? Plus we have to be perfect to stay in the hunt.

Very tough

We just have to keep doing our thing and hope for the best, we’re looking on for a Champions League spot I’d of took that at the start of the season 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

8 points sounds a lot but if they slip up before we meet them and we beat them at home, 8 points becomes 2.  

Are you in charge of the government's nursing pledge?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's looking more and more to me like we will beat our record points total of 81 and still finish 2nd or even 3rd!

Not much you can do about that if it happens, and all we can say is that at least we all lived through a period where not only did we have a fantastic season, but we bagged the big one when we had it. This is why I have some sympathy for Spurs in that you can wait a lifetime to see your club assemble a dream team and they still won nothing. Our current team plays the best football I have ever seen Leicester City play ever, it's truly a delight. Even today in a fairly flat performance, there were still many moments of pure quality like that little interchange between Maddison and Barnes, or the goal right at the end. It's just so glorious to see us play! Winning trophies is the ultimate, but just seeing our team play like this every week... well I would happily pay to see the team for the rest of my life if we could keep it up.

I really hope this lot and Brendan win something, because they deserve it. They have been playing superbly for so long now! Rodgers I think is gone at the end of the season, he's just too good and if Man U or Arsenal don't pay him the big bucks they are mental. I only hope that Top gives him a new contract, which to be fair is not beyond the realms of possibility as I am sure Top will be quite happy to not only reward Rodgers, but also to back him with signings given how good we are to watch.

If liverpool weren't so darn good a possible league title could be there. I think a cup is more likely this year and I'd be super happy with that and champions league placing.  Long way to go still but so proud of where we have come considering what happened last year. 

1 hour ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

Should have been red for Trent there. 

Trent is a fvcking dirty bastard as is Robertson but boy are they a good team. 

It will take a huge downturn in their form for us or Man City to catch them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Even if we win every game, can you really see them even dropping 8 points this season?

Said in another thread...

as unlikely as this is, if we win the next 5 games, making a winning run of 12 games, we will be two points clear of Liverpool. 

they will have a game the following day to retake the lead, and a game in hand from the champions cup, but it will add the pressure.

we just need to win the next 5, easy 😀👍

Giving Silva the job was always a waste, prior to Everton you can't say he set the world alight. He was fired by Watford only a few months before and year before that got relegated with Hull City... yet they felt he was better bet than Big Sam. I can understand them wanting a bit more attractive brand of football but go for someone with a better track record at least... Moyes return I think more than likely.