Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, StanSP said:

Eh?

It literally did the right thing in disallowing that Arsenal goal which would have incorrectly stood otherwise?

I’m not on about that specific decision. Just in general. Thinking more the Vardy foul yesterday. What if we never got the second pen and Vardy made a late challenge and got

sent off? All cos VAR got it wrong for the

first one. Shit like that could cost us European football or even the league! 

Just now, Unabomber said:

I’m not on about that specific decision. Just in general. Thinking more the Vardy foul yesterday. What if we never got the second pen and Vardy made a late challenge and got

But then on the flip side, Iheanacho's goal gets disallowed without VAR in place as referee raised his flag?

Wolves' goal at the start of the season gets given without VAR seeing that it touches Boly's hand in the build-up. 

It works both ways! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Swings and roundabouts. The Aurier and wolves handball worked in our favour. Could argue they helped us get European football at the end of the season. 

VAR needs to be improved, definitely. The length of decisions plus being left not knowing what's going on are my main concerns. Everybody has the opportunity to see the decisions over and over again expect those of us actually at the game (including the referee who, for some reason, don't refer to screens).

I was anti VAR prior to the season starting, and while I don't think it's necessarily needs binning, I do think it needs improving.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

VAR needs to be improved, definitely. The length of decisions plus being left not knowing what's going on are my main concerns. Everybody has the opportunity to see the decisions over and over again expect those of us actually at the game (including the referee who, for some reason, don't refer to screens).

I was anti VAR prior to the season starting, and while I don't think it's necessarily needs binning, I do think it needs improving.

Yeah it's not the technology itself it's the application of it and how this country has interpreted it

• Like 2