Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

32 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Apparently Everton are a similar sized club as Valencia and Sevilla... 

They've won more domestically and probably would have a comparable European record if Liverpool fans didn't kill 39 people

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Stadt said:

They've won more domestically and probably would have a comparable European record if Liverpool fans didn't kill 39 people

That was 30 years ago. A lot changes since then and the Spanish clubs are bigger than Everton right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Similarly the Romans easily have the best military going.

Not quite the point @Stadt was making to be fair. 

Everton may well be utter dog shit now but they’re a huge football club with fans all over the world. I don’t think it’s mental to suggest that they’re as big a club as Sevilla and Velencia, despite the latter being the better clubs more recently. 

Edit: if that is the point you were making anyway SP, it seemed like it from my point of view but I might have misinterpreted your post lol 

Edited by Manini

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

Not quite the point @Stadt was making to be fair. 

Everton may well be utter dog shit now but they’re a huge football club with fans all over the world. I don’t think it’s mental to suggest that they’re as big a club as Sevilla and Velencia, despite the latter being the better clubs more recently. 

Edit: if that is the point you were making anyway SP, it seemed like it from my point of view but I might have misinterpreted your post lol 

Fair, but the original tweet didn't say anything about being a big club, it said being a team on a similar level to Sevilla and Valencia

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Surely there is no way?

Who remembers that 6-1 vs Pompey on Sky? That was under Sousa wasn't it?

Would be absolutely amazing if it happens.

Yes, I think so. I can remember Jack Hobbs stood at the side of the pitch after that match (I think) looking completely distraught. He had a thousand-yard stare and was shaking his head in disbelief.

14 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Surely there is no way?

Who remembers that 6-1 vs Pompey on Sky? That was under Sousa wasn't it?

Yes. Both teams were struggling at the time and they battered us. He made some strange decisions like playing Logan, dropping Fryatt who at the time was our main man. Reminds me of a poor man's Claude Puel tbh. 

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He tried to completely rebrand us and play football with players that weren't suited to it.

His style might suit the way Arsenal like to think they can play. He's not going to solve their defensive woes though. This could either work out quite well for them (after all Wenger was a weird, leftfield kind of appointment at the time) or be absolutely catastrophic.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He tried to completely rebrand us and play football with players that weren't suited to it.

The team weren't match fit either, we were knackered after 70 minutes which is why we conceded a fair amount of late goals under him.