Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Don't think I'd want him tbh. He seems a really toxic personality with a serious chip on his shoulder. Always sulking and picking fights on social media and with different execs. 

Think he's the sort of player we've done well to avoid. 

In pure footballing terms he'd be class on the left of our 433 obviously. 

Yeah there's definitely something very "Arsenal" about him despite the fact he clearly stands out as their best player. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Langston said:

Yeah there's definitely something very "Arsenal" about him despite the fact he clearly stands out as their best player. 

Definitely this. 

So many aren't there? I'm glad Rambo got out when he did because he was very borderline tbh. 

17 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Actually starting to wonder if Arsenal could get relegated...

They've probably got enough goals in them to prevent it but they genuinely are atrocious in defence and midfield. It's not a freak occurrence either like say Chelseas struggles the year we won it. They've been in decline for a while and if they are really sucked into it their players may well not have the necessary grit and fight to get out of it. 

They'll still probably beat us at the Emirates yet again though 😣

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Don't think I'd want him tbh. He seems a really toxic personality with a serious chip on his shoulder. Always sulking and picking fights on social media and with different execs. 

Think he's the sort of player we've done well to avoid. 

In pure footballing terms he'd be class on the left of our 433 obviously. 

Would be interesting to see him driving his La Ferrari up narborough road though

• Haha 1

Just now, Gubbins said:

They've probably got enough goals in them to prevent it but they genuinely are atrocious in defence and midfield. It's not a freak occurrence either like say Chelseas struggles the year we won it. They've been in decline for a while and if they are really sucked into it their players may well not have the necessary grit and fight to get out of it. 

They'll still probably beat us at the Emirates yet again though 😣

Nah, this is our year finally. And i can't wait ;)!

I remember when Wenger was coming to the end of his time at Arsenal, their ‘fans’ would ring in and moan that they weren’t doing better. This was during the time when they reached the Champions League EVERY season. I remember thinking what a bunch of entitled, arrogant, ungrateful wasters. I prayed then, that this was how it would unravel for them, once they lost Wenger. 

Edited by STEVIE B
Spelling
  • Like 1

Arsenal are unlikely to go down but they must be starting look over their shoulder if it's stays as it is, Arsenal will only be four points from the bottom three and who do they face sunday... Man City at home. By the time they play Sunday they could find themselves sitting 15th.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Would be interesting to see him driving his La Ferrari up narborough road though

You mean it'd be interesting to see it on fire up on bricks on Hand Avenue. 

1 minute ago, STEVIE B said:

I remember when Wenger was coming to the end of his time at Arsenal, there ‘fans’ would ring in and moan that they weren’t doing better. This was during the time when they reached the Champions League EVERY season. I remember thinking what a bunch of entitled, arrogant, ungrateful wasters. I prayed then, that this was how it would unravel for them, once they lost Wenger. 

I mean, it was unravelling long before they lost Wenger tbh.

I know football is cyclical for the most part, but I can't remember a "big" side looking quite so vulnerable as the current Arsenal set. Even Ole's United have a slight bit of steel about them and put a decent shift in against the big boys.

They won't (unfortunately) - but it wouldn't surprise me if they finished bottom half.

15 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

We have them on the final day..

Winner stays up ..

;)

Fret not! With Nigel P. the original Ostrich Tamer, the Great Escape is very much on! :thumbup:

Arsenal fans might just start to realise that they cannot just turn up and expect to win anymore. you actually have to want it and be prepared to actually try. Shame the players don't seem to be getting the message. They are looking decidedly less than average at the minute and it would not surprise me if they find themselves seriously looking over their shoulders and i too wonder if their collection of overpaid, entitled misfits actually have the stomach for the fight. Probably wont happen but if they did go down the meltdown in North London would be something to behold.

• Like 1

bit in a pickle as of the Arsenal-ManCity ... what to hope for ... Arsenal win, makes it all but certain that we won't be caught any time soon... ManC win, a large ammount of schadenfreude towards one of the big teams looking so close to being part of the relegation part ...

Everyone (including me) jizzing themselves about how awesome Arsenal's kits are at the start of the season just about sums up what's wrong with that club.

Martinelli, however, what a signing he's turning out to be, not that they actually need all those extra forward players.

Watching this makes you realise just how good we are at the moment. Neither of these sides look like a team. When you look at how Brendan Rodgers has got us playing we defend and attack in numbers. These just look like individuals playing for themselves. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sianist said:

bit in a pickle as of the Arsenal-ManCity ... what to hope for ... Arsenal win, makes it all but certain that we won't be caught any time soon... ManC win, a large ammount of schadenfreude towards one of the big teams looking so close to being part of the relegation part ...

Yeah its a tough call. Arsenal take anything from Man city and we could open up an almost unassailable gap if we beat them at Maine rd. but i am loving watching Arsenal fall apart at the seams

2 minutes ago, Otis said:

Just to remind everyone of Lawros table...

image.png.9d35b661b88af6f10b358e9e40deca11.png

To be fair...start of the season id have snapped your hand off. 

• Confused 1