Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Ancelotti would be a decent term appointment because he’d stop Arsenal from being wank and he’s not going to make them any better than 4th place contenders. Their recruitment is shit and their players are shit, an ageing, usually not a job long manager doesn’t solve their problems which is good for us 

• Like 1

No matter who the manager is he's not going to solver Arsenal's defensive woes - only better players can do that.  Ancelotti would steady the ship and if he stuck around for a couple of seasons, might be able to inject some cold and detached sanity into the acquisition strategy.  Arsenal may cry poor but I guarantee they're going to drop some serious coin next summer to try and get back to the CL.  Even a restrained Arsenal is still one of the richest clubs in the PL.

Edited by Deeg67

15 hours ago, casablancas said:

Not sure where to put this, but I’m sure it’ll be fine here. 

Ps if someone could embed this it would be greatly appreciated. 

http://www.skysports.com/share/11882278

I genuinely can’t pick a favourite but do have a top 5. Discuss. 

Johan Elmander for me. The close control and the turn are brilliant. And it's completely different to any other goal.

I'm surprised Vardy v WBA didn't make it seeing as it won goal of the season.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Johan Elmander for me. The close control and the turn are brilliant. And it's completely different to any other goal.

I'm surprised Vardy v WBA didn't make it seeing as it won goal of the season.

You can vote his volley vs liverpool though.  I don't know why sky have it down as an away goal though. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Arsenal need 2 new centre halves and 2 new central midfielders and they could easily be top 3/4 again. It's not a difficult job if the fcukin owners and directors had an iota of know how.

It's concerning, for arsenal anyhow, that everyone in and around football can tell you where Arsenal need to buy reinforcements and better quality, except for those in charge of recruitment at Arsenal

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have to laugh at Everton fans linking themselves to Ancelotti and Emery whilst some guy from China is turning them down. 

It's weird, I don't generally think of Everton fans as overly delusional but they're certainly losing the plot a bit if they think they've got any current pull greater than a bog standard mid table team. 

Not sure if I am the one being delusional, but this season is starting to feel like a watershed moment in terms of  the older powers, those more established teams, being more readily lambasted, and talked down, whereas the newer powers (us and Wolves, that is it mind) getting more positive coverage, not just "plucky upstarts".

Finally got round to watching All or Nothing (Man City documentary). Really enjoyable behind the scenes look at a top side. What stands out for me is that Pep talks a load of old arse lol

I genuinely don't know what he's talking about half the time. 

Also loved Aguero's son asking for Vardy's shirt lol He knows! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Finally got round to watching All or Nothing (Man City documentary). Really enjoyable behind the scenes look at a top side. What stands out for me is that Pep talks a load of old arse lol

I genuinely don't know what he's talking about half the time. 

Also loved Aguero's son asking for Vardy's shirt lol He knows! 

His dad is one of the best strikers in English football history, his grandad is Diego Maradona and his godfather is Leo Messi. So naturally he wants Vardy's shirt. The boy knows greatness. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Have to laugh at Everton fans linking themselves to Ancelotti and Emery whilst some guy from China is turning them down. 

It's weird, I don't generally think of Everton fans as overly delusional but they're certainly losing the plot a bit if they think they've got any current pull greater than a bog standard mid table team. 

When they sacked Allardyce on their forums and on twitter, a not insignificant of them were banging on about Kenwright going and getting Simeone lol 

Loads of them have suggested signing Vardy post title win as well, I know every club have idiots but they strike me as being very delusional - like not winning the title for 35 years is just a blip and not their reality 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I dont even think it's that delusional, Carlo's finished at top level, would be very similar to Rafa going Newcastle 

Have to agree tbh. Last two jobs have ended with the players stating that training was too easy and he has struggled in last 15 odd years building teams rather than just being a nicer bloke than the previous person. Think he would start out okay with both arsenal and everton but it would plateau quickly. 

1 hour ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Have to agree tbh. Last two jobs have ended with the players stating that training was too easy and he has struggled in last 15 odd years building teams rather than just being a nicer bloke than the previous person. Think he would start out okay with both arsenal and everton but it would plateau quickly. 

Neither team really need a name like Carlo. Both teams need a manager who can and wants to build a team and a legacy rather than an old, big name. 

• Like 1