Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

I think, given the amount he has spent another season without the Champions League and he might be given the old P45.

When you spend a billion quid I don’t think second in the league and a league cup day out at Wembley is even close to good enough.

With what he has spent, he has underachieved in his time at Man City. I don’t think he can keep underperforming and keep his job.

Wouldn't be surprised if Begiristain wasn't given the boot as well. Its his tenure that's failed to come up with the European Cup. Abu Dhabi can be ruthless.

18 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Find the Pogba/Man Utd situation quite strange.

Hardly plays and even when he does they've been average.

Has been mentioned he allegedly wants out for a while now, but yet still at the club..

He made it clear in the summer that he wanted to leave. Man Utd stood their ground and kept him against his wishes. Ole has stated that Pogba ruled himself out after talking to his own physio who is nothing to do with the club.

I believe he's not really injured and just doesn't want to play for them. He came back briefly before the January window. I thought he would, just to put himself in the shop window and prove he is match fit. He didn't last long, though. Maybe he thought a January sale was unrealistic, or would just rather not play.

15 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Not that strange, they'd want £150m or thereabouts for Pogba and who would pay it? PSG and Madrid are the only two teams realistically and if they don't want him he's stuck there.

Exactly. At the very top, you struggle to find a buyer. It will be interesting to see how much they'll get. Can't imagine they'll be many clubs interested even if his price was cut.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Oh its each month its nearly the average person's entire annual packet. 

I'm sure her job is stressful. But the can't be representative. 

Its a free & Open capitalist society.....

Strange some others were taking a dink at some Posters expressing ,So called Communist Marxism views....

Obviously there is that muddy,and Gray Area of a fine middle....but who would push that Medium to have Representative wages and Control thereof...!!!

9 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Its a free & Open capitalist society.....

Strange some others were taking a dink at some Posters expressing ,So called Communist Marxism views....

Obviously there is that muddy,and Gray Area of a fine middle....but who would push that Medium to have Representative wages and Control thereof...!!!

I don't know what you've read into my post and i can't read yours. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, twister said:

Southampton threw that game away two very very soft goals

They did the same at newcastle dominated the game and gave late goals away

soft mentality.

Yeah they'll be gutted to have missed out on 3 points tonight.

• Haha 1

As a ‘smaller club’ (yes I know we should be CL etc etc) this change is potentially a problem for us

the yaniteds, Chelsea’s etc will continue to chase our best players right until the deadline .......this potentially makes for an unsettled squad and start to the season ....

I would prefer a change whereby moves between premier league clubs aren’t allowed beyond 8th aug but international moves in are - until end aug 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

As a ‘smaller club’ (yes I know we should be CL etc etc) this change is potentially a problem for us

the yaniteds, Chelsea’s etc will continue to chase our best players right until the deadline .......this potentially makes for an unsettled squad and start to the season ....

I would prefer a change whereby moves between premier league clubs aren’t allowed beyond 8th aug but international moves in are - until end aug 

But doesn't this make for a potentially unsettled squad just after the start of the season as well, but just because they move to a foreign club makes it more okay?