Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

53 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Are you comparing our dominance to that Newcastle side of 95/96?

I'm just making the point that 12pt leads with 13 games to go can be easily caught. Anyone who thought Tottenham winning today was a good result for us is a fool. 

Sorry but I just think it’s a poor comparison ...... 

yanited took 34 from 39 points in their last 13 games ..... spurs aren’t doing that.  I can’t see the point in panicking with three months left ....one team needs to win when there is a fixture  .... a draw would generally be best for us when two  teams meet who we expect to be competing with come may 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

It’s depressing on here sometimes ..... one poor performance in the league v soton (ignoring the pool and Man City games) and first half home to villa in the cup. And suddenly we are relegation favourites ......bipolar doesn’t cover it (and apologies to anyone who actually suffers from that condition). 

we were pretty rubbish against everton at home, norwich at home, city away, liverpool at home, collapsed massively at everton in the cup, rubbish in both legs vs villa in the cup, rubbish at burnley, probably more than those games too. all in the last 6 weeks. 

we’ve only really played well for about an hour against west ham (with a full reserve team), newcastle (with 10 men) and west ham at home who were diabolical. 

we were alright second half yday too tbf. 

i think our form is a concern but i think as has been shown by the above performances and our results from them, we will probably comfortably “stumble” across the line into 3rd place. and that’s fine by me. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

we were pretty rubbish against everton at home, norwich at home, city away, liverpool at home, collapsed massively at everton in the cup, rubbish in both legs vs villa in the cup, rubbish at burnley, probably more than those games too. all in the last 6 weeks. 

we’ve only really played well for about an hour against west ham (with a full reserve team), newcastle (with 10 men) and west ham at home who were diabolical. 

i think our form is a concern but i think as has been shown by the above performances and our results from them, we will probably comfortably “stumble” across the line into 3rd place. and that’s fine by me. 

I don’t agree that it’s been the shambles you think since the beginning of December but it’s all about opinions 

go back 13 games (that’s what’s left) .....takes us back to Brighton 

and this is the prem form table for that period 

AD8C749F-3B96-4A01-A28F-B90C9898FF2E.thumb.jpeg.80dc6ac911023d6fc11012f62f099f46.jpeg

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Still baffles me that some on here in the post match thread yesterday wanted Spurs to win today so it helps us in the fight for 2nd.

Blimey, hope you're all happy now. 

not every result is going to go for us .....

spurs, wolves, yanited ...... they will all win games over the next few weeks ...... if we can’t cope with a twelve point buffer then how the hell are you going to manage if it comes back to around six ??.  How did you lot manage in 15/16?  Get a bloody grip!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Still baffles me that some on here in the post match thread yesterday wanted Spurs to win today so it helps us in the fight for 2nd.

Blimey, hope you're all happy now. 

They will win matches occasionally. We're still in an excellent position.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

not every result is going to go for us .....

spurs, wolves, yanited ...... they will all win games over the next few weeks ...... if we can’t cope with a twelve point buffer then how the hell are you going to manage if it comes back to around six ??.  How did you lot manage in 15/16?  Get a bloody grip!!!!!!

I never said every result was going to go for us did I??? 

Clearly said I was just baffled that some wanted a Spurs win

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Create your own luck. If the opposition miss chances then that's their issue.

Football isn't won on stats. I get fed up of seeing "but they had 20 shots to their 2". So what. Proves nothing except the team with less shots are more clinical.

Of course there are outliers but I think you’re missing the general point. 8/10 times the team with the most shots does win. 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Create your own luck. If the opposition miss chances then that's their issue.

Football isn't won on stats. I get fed up of seeing "but they had 20 shots to their 2". So what. Proves nothing except the team with less shots are more clinical.

3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Of course there are outliers but I think you’re missing the general point. 8/10 times the team with the most shots does win. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sorry but I just think it’s a poor comparison ...... 

yanited took 34 from 39 points in their last 13 games ..... spurs aren’t doing that.  I can’t see the point in panicking with three months left ....one team needs to win when there is a fixture  .... a draw would generally be best for us when two  teams meet who we expect to be competing with come may 

i'm just giving an example how a 12pt lead can be eroded an overtaken. 

You have no idea how Spurs will do, you're just guessing. FWIW I'm not panicking but I have utter contempt to those who think Tottenham winning today was a good result for Leicester. 

The betting markets have us just under an 87% chance of finishing top four, that's far from a done deal. 

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

i'm just giving an example how a 12pt lead can be eroded an overtaken. 

You have no idea how Spurs will do, you're just guessing. FWIW I'm not panicking but I have utter contempt to those who think Tottenham winning today was a good result for Leicester. 

The betting markets have us just under an 87% chance of finishing top four, that's far from a done deal. 

So that’s a 13% chance we won’t ......sounds good to me ........

4 hours ago, Vacamion said:

All I heard in that commentary:

Tyler:  FAPFAPFAP!

Carragher:  Phlegm, FAPFAPFAP, Phlegm 

:dry:

"IT'S A GOAL- STEVIE WONDER!!"

"BERGWIJN TODAY- THEY'LL BE DRINKING RED WINE TOMORROW!"

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

How can you dislike Mourinho

God I love him so much. What I wouldn't give for him to manage us one day.

You must of loved his post match interview.

"Classic jose win today was it ?"

"no"😁.

"If sterling gets red then game is different"he said.

Yeah?,nah.

• Haha 1

Was looking at West Ham's next run of fixtures. They play Man City, Liverpool, Southampton, Arsenal (meh), Wolves, Spurs then Chelsea lol lol

Horrible. 

But then 3 of their last 4 are Norwich, Watford and Villa. Could be huge by end of the season playing some relegation 6-pointers. Don't think they'll do well - their squad is devoid of confidence. 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So that’s a 13% chance we won’t ......sounds good to me ........

As a professional gambler for 17 years I see implied 87% chances fail every day. 

I accept others look at 87% and think it's almost a certainty but it really isn't, a Man City win today would see us as an implied 89% chance. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corky said:

A Mourinho masterclass according to some prat on the radio. Man City should've been 3-0 up before the red card which turned the game. Then the baffling decision to take Aguero off.

Whenever Mourinho's been away for a while I miss him a bit but whenever he comes back I'm reminded of the shite spouted about him that's nauseating. That result earlier was a total fluke due to more than anything some astoundingly bad finishing from Man City. That wasn't a tactical masterclass. I don't begrudge them of it but people have such pre-conceived opinions of things that totally skew what actually happened. Calling that a Mourinho masterclass is exactly that.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

As a professional gambler for 17 years I see implied 87% chances fail every day. 

I accept others look at 87% and think it's almost a certainty but it really isn't, a Man City win today would see us as an implied 89% chance. 

So tell me .... as a professional gambler, what odds do I have to give you on us not making top four for you to have a bet with me ??

58 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

That rubbish at Burnley, their keeper got man of the match, same in the Villa away game.

Maybe below par, but not rubbish......

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t agree that it’s been the shambles you think since the beginning of December but it’s all about opinions 

go back 13 games (that’s what’s left) .....takes us back to Brighton 

and this is the prem form table for that period 

AD8C749F-3B96-4A01-A28F-B90C9898FF2E.thumb.jpeg.80dc6ac911023d6fc11012f62f099f46.jpeg

yeah that's what i said, despite not playing very well we are stumbling over the line in some games (everton, west ham) and winning our very easy games (west ham again, newcastle) which is enough to get us where we need to be. 

i was talking about performances, not results. the results are just about enough, although still not ideal. the performances are worse than the results since the start of december suggest, imo. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So tell me .... as a professional gambler, what odds do I have to give you on us not making top four for you to have a bet with me ??

I'll have as much as you let me at 10/1 we won't make top four.