Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, davieG said:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/top-7-worst-tackles-premier-21453218

Top 7 worst tackles in Premier League history - including Roy Keane and Ben Thatcher

3. Alan Shearer on Neil Lennon

1_Screen-Shot-2020-02-07-at-183813.png

England's golden boy Shearer lost his rag with Leicester's Northern Irish terrier and simply booted him in the head and a squabble for possession.

An FA commission somehow came to the conclusion that Shearer had not intended to kick him opponent squarely between the eyes and he escaped a ban and was therefore eligible to play for Newcastle in the 1998 FA Cup final.

I believe shearer threatened to withdraw from the 98 World Cup squad if he was found guilty and missed that final ........ made no difference to us but so corrupt !

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Top 7 worst tackles in Premier League history - including Roy Keane and Ben Thatcher

England's golden boy Shearer lost his rag with Leicester's Northern Irish terrier and simply booted him in the head and a squabble for possession.

An FA commission somehow came to the conclusion that Shearer had not intended to kick him opponent squarely between the eyes and he escaped a ban and was therefore eligible to play for Newcastle in the 1998 FA Cup final.

Shouldn't be on the list as it wasn't an attempted tackle.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, davieG said:

That was no tackle just a moment of sheer thuggery. He should have got a ban like cantona. Bankers at the FA and the ref.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I believe shearer threatened to withdraw from the 98 World Cup squad if he was found guilty and missed that final ........ made no difference to us but so corrupt !

He did threaten that. David Kelly, i think, confirmed it. 

The measure of the man. I will not play for my country if held accountable for my actions. Absolutely disgusting attitude. 

He's an awful bloke. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

He did threaten that. David Kelly, i think, confirmed it. 

The measure of the man. I will not play for my country if held accountable for my actions. Absolutely disgusting attitude. 

He's an awful bloke. 

I heard from a few geordies who have meet him that this is definitely the case.

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Funny thing that Sheff Utd just over the Pennines is still on. 

At the moment. Wouldn't be surprised that the weather's coming from the west and it's calmer on the east side. Even so... We need a report from Sheff_ Fox, or whatever he's called.

10 minutes ago, deep blue said:

At the moment. Wouldn't be surprised that the weather's coming from the west and it's calmer on the east side. Even so... We need a report from Sheff_ Fox, or whatever he's called.

can confirm it is definitely not calm in yorkshire. 

If Liverpool win their next 3 matches they’ll be at least 31 points clear by the time Man City kick off away at Man United on 8 March.

30 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

If today's PL games are canceled, will they be played next weekend? Or is it not that simple since they were due to be televised?

Doesn't really count as a break though does it with them training the week building up to today. Might cause problems for Man City later in the season with fixture congestion

8 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Doesn't really count as a break though does it with them training the week building up to today. Might cause problems for Man City later in the season with fixture congestion

True. But surely Pep would rather have a week of light training, and play it next weekend rather than shoehorn it in somewhere later on in the season. But it's probably not up to him. Sky will decide when it's played I imagine.

50 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

If today's PL games are canceled, will they be played next weekend? Or is it not that simple since they were due to be televised?

They have to be. Otherwise fixture pile up gets ridiculous. Man City have a game to reschedule for the league cuo final too, plus they are in Europe. Perfect for us as Man City don't get a break.

7 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

True. But surely Pep would rather have a week of light training, and play it next weekend rather than shoehorn it in somewhere later on in the season. But it's probably not up to him. Sky will decide when it's played I imagine.

It was a BT fixture so a little less easy to slip in