Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

You've got to say Ancelotti's made a very good start at Everton. They've been in good form under him that's largely gone under the radar because of the Liverpool and Newcastle embarrassments. Genuine top 4 candidates at this rate.

beaten burnley, newcastle, palace, watford and brighton. 

got arsenal, united, chelsea, liverpool, us and spurs in their next 7 fixtures. they’ll be about 14th again in a month. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Yes said:

Makes it harder for the top 6 to take our players off us without Europe though.

Hmm maybe, but I still think some would be tempted. Man U offer us what we would accept, can’t see JM or anyone turning them down. They would be tripling their wages and would expect to get back in Europe the next year. 

I do think most would give us a season in champions league anyway. The only one I’d worry about is Ricardo, I can see a real top dog coming in for him. 

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

You've got to say Ancelotti's made a very good start at Everton. They've been in good form under him that's largely gone under the radar because of the Liverpool and Newcastle embarrassments. Genuine top 4 candidates at this rate.

Unbelievable they are 7th. Mad.

Tough run of games coming up, they may fall away a bit, but I think next season once he's head a clear out and started to get his own players in they will be top 6 candidates at the very least.

18 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Hmm maybe, but I still think some would be tempted. Man U offer us what we would accept, can’t see JM or anyone turning them down. They would be tripling their wages and would expect to get back in Europe the next year. 

I do think most would give us a season in champions league anyway. The only one I’d worry about is Ricardo, I can see a real top dog coming in for him. 

Yeah I think most will give us a year either way. I suppose as well it’ll be more of an issue next season if 3 of the top 6 don’t have any European football, makes finishing above them again a lot more unlikely. 

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I know this doesn’t really matter to most, but in terms of us building our own personal gap from teams around us. (Not league position) we’d be better off with top 6 clubs finishing in Europe with us than Everton, wolves and Sheffield(although not concerned with the latter) . Europe for them helps those clubs attract better players and get closer to us.

Where as Arsenal, united and spurs will attract quality players whether they are in Europe or not. 

Im personally hoping Everton and wolves fall short of top 7 this year. If wolves win Europa league they would actually overtake us in most peoples minds. 

Europa League doesn't mean a great deal of difference, it's very much a second rate trophy compared to the Champions League.

Personally i would prefer to finish top four alongside three of the usual suspects for the reasons you have stated. Our rivals are still Wolves, everton, etc and not Arsenal, Spurs, etc as those sides will still be wealthier and beat us to players whether they qualify for Europe or not.

18 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Europa League doesn't mean a great deal of difference, it's very much a second rate trophy compared to the Champions League.

Personally i would prefer to finish top four alongside three of the usual suspects for the reasons you have stated. Our rivals are still Wolves, everton, etc and not Arsenal, Spurs, etc as those sides will still be wealthier and beat us to players whether they qualify for Europe or not.

2nd rate....!!  From nearly 140yrs,we havent even touched that...!!

Trophies give you history,  .....!!!

42 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

2nd rate....!!  From nearly 140yrs,we havent even touched that...!!

Trophies give you history,  .....!!!

The sort of player who command a £100k+ week salary won't be swayed into joining a club who is in the Europa Cup, the Champions League might sway a few in that category. 

Brighton should be nowhere near the relegation zone but Potter arrogance means they over play sometimes to almost ridiculous levels. The first goal they gave away is a personification of why they are not winning games. 

You dont win games passing it for 90 minutes without affect, their was one moment where they went backwards 8 or 9 times passing it from side to side its so easy to play against.

Watford a few weeks ago at bournemouth were superb and broke with venom on the break and  they were always on the front foot,  for me they were organised but very poor in posession today, they looked a leggy team with a average age of 30 trying to shithouse their way to a result which to be fair they almost did.

If Nige watson the maintain a pressing style there , he will need younger players in the summer, thats if they give him that chance this is the Watford board we are talking about.

Edited by twister
  • Like 1

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/top-7-worst-tackles-premier-21453218

Top 7 worst tackles in Premier League history - including Roy Keane and Ben Thatcher

3. Alan Shearer on Neil Lennon

1_Screen-Shot-2020-02-07-at-183813.png

England's golden boy Shearer lost his rag with Leicester's Northern Irish terrier and simply booted him in the head and a squabble for possession.

An FA commission somehow came to the conclusion that Shearer had not intended to kick him opponent squarely between the eyes and he escaped a ban and was therefore eligible to play for Newcastle in the 1998 FA Cup final.

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/top-7-worst-tackles-premier-21453218

Top 7 worst tackles in Premier League history - including Roy Keane and Ben Thatcher

3. Alan Shearer on Neil Lennon

1_Screen-Shot-2020-02-07-at-183813.png

England's golden boy Shearer lost his rag with Leicester's Northern Irish terrier and simply booted him in the head and a squabble for possession.

An FA commission somehow came to the conclusion that Shearer had not intended to kick him opponent squarely between the eyes and he escaped a ban and was therefore eligible to play for Newcastle in the 1998 FA Cup final.

When I saw Thatcher's name I thought you meant as an LCFC player. The challenge on him by Ashley Cole at our place was horrific.

But on Thatcher's elbow on Mendes, which was awful, how was it only a booking??? You could see Mendes out, how Glen Johnson reacted and .... how Thatcher went in with his elbow. Mad.

Edited by Fox92