Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

There are four

its split over two weekends.     Twelve teams have the first sat off and eight the second 

I don't understand why its not 10 teams each weekend. Split the league in 2 surely?

Just now, Facecloth said:

I don't understand why its not 10 teams each weekend. Split the league in 2 surely?

It's based on teams playing in Europe- I think Man City are playing this weekend because their European game is the week of the 25th/26th so they'd only have ten days off

• Like 2

On 02/02/2020 at 20:00, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He's not my mate and never will be. 

You'd be hard pressed to find many in the media who think differently.

At least he's not on a forum somewhere talking about Geoff Peters.

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Anyone think Pep might jack it in at Man City at the end of the season?

Be curious to see if Abu Dhabi keep on throwing the dough. All the stories about rebuilding the team are going to cost serious money.

And things are tense in the Middle East right now.

I think Pep might be like Daniel Day Lewis and just say screw it for awhile. Move somewhere new, hang with his family and learn a new craft.  Recharge.

He has the money and the rep so he can come back whenever he wants. On his terms. Or maybe he's in on the rebuild. Who Knows.

Edited by SO1

26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Will stay for another couple of seasons IMO. It's hard for any team to win the league twice in a row, but he's now trying to win it three times in a row and compete with one of the greatest teams ever assembled.

28 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I don't think he'll leave of his own accord but something is going to give one way or the other. Usually when a team is coming to the end of a "cycle" and the players have basically had enough of the manager and his methods, it's a choice between replacing the manager and revamping the squad. In most cases that's a fairly easy choice for owners to make as the former is much cheaper and easier, but I wonder if City might be the exception given how difficult it'd be to adequately replace Pep and the resources available to them for new players.

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sign me up (At £12 per month)

Baffles me that the Premier League haven't done this.

Sky and BT pay a combined 4.5bn or something over 3 seasons.

Sky supposedly have boxes in 25m households. If the Premier League sell this package (say at £15 a month) to that audience then they make that 4.5bn a year.

That's not including the millions of adverts they'll show in that time.

(Obviously 25m subscriptions is an outrageous number that isn't attainable but still).

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Sky supposedly have boxes in 25m households. If the Premier League sell this package (say at £15 a month) to that audience then they make that 4.5bn a year.

(Obviously 25m subscriptions is an outrageous number that isn't attainable but still).

The only reason I can see for them not doing it, is that it would be a colossal pain in the a**e and you risk damaging your brand if you do it even slightly wrong. 

This  prem flix idea  is perfect

why outsource your content to Sky and BT when you can do what the NFL does and show the majority of the games yourself and earn billions world wide.

They could have a good morning premier league like they do with the NFL as a example.

They dont need sky and bt anymore do do that, they could show the remaining packages on Amazon and Apple who have the ability to stream worldwide every week.

35 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

That's just proof that you can use stats to prove anything 😂

The claim was that, due to our relatively poor form since the Everton game, many of us on here were missing the fact that the chasing pack was closing. 

I have tried, using the (I admit, thrustingly modern) metric of 'points' to show this is not the case.

Using your own choice of statistic(s) to show that we are actually in immediate danger of being overtaken by a bunch of mockney winkie-rubbers is an exercise left to the reader. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, twister said:

They dont need sky and bt anymore do do that, they could show the remaining packages on Amazon and Apple who have the ability to stream worldwide every week.

People say this but Amazon and Apple currently don’t have the infrastructure in the UK of the production companies like Sky and BT have amassed. It’s a significant investment on this side which holds them back. 

Amazon were very reliant on utilising BT’s backroom staff for their coverage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I think the 25m is more outrageous than you think. They may have that many households with Sky but the average Premier League game on SKY gets viewing figures of around 1-2million. The most watched televised game of all time on SKY was 4million.

That's on UK of course.

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I think, given the amount he has spent another season without the Champions League and he might be given the old P45.

When you spend a billion quid I don’t think second in the league and a league cup day out at Wembley is even close to good enough.

With what he has spent, he has underachieved in his time at Man City. I don’t think he can keep underperforming and keep his job.

On 04/02/2020 at 16:07, Footballwipe said:

Isn't Whelan a massive deal in the King Power enterprise, as well as the LCFC role? £308k will be probably only a quarter of what she earns. Probably has share options, huge pension pot and the other perks Finners mentioned.

Imagine taking home that wage. 

10 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Oh its each month its nearly the average person's entire annual packet. 

I'm sure her job is stressful. But the can't be representative. 

Just checked the average persons yearly salary last year was approx £36600

Thought id better add that I’m not quibbling. She’s got in that role so all credit to her.

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

He hasn't managed a team for more than 4 years. He's getting near the end of his time at Man City alright.

An ambitious club in Italy or PSG could tempt him.