Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

6 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

Article about pre-emptive body art on BBC sport....

Whatever, but if you're gonna get a tat, at least get one that looks like the artist wasn't a half blind a gibbon on speed!

1581417317724.png

No way is that a tattoo.  

Definitely been done by his mate with a couple of biros.

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

they will not want to give us the chance of getting second ahead of them - ours is a game they will be putting it all into, irrespective of the madrid game. whilst they may be playing some of their 'lesser' players, it doesn't usually make any difference with them !

100% correct imo, mcfc u23's would deal with the Irons no probs.

4 hours ago, murphy said:

No way is that a tattoo.  

Definitely been done by his mate with a couple of biros.

You may be right, however my source just sent me a picture the geezer took on practice day (yesterday)

I think this explains a lot 🤨

Polish_20200211_224908793.jpg

Edited by Realjimbo
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Pickford doesn't help himself to be honest. He shows himself to be wound up too easily. Best thing he can do is just not say anything for a while and get back to performing on the pitch.

Too right, but we all know what Southgate gonna do don't we?

I think problem is with Southgate and is he just doesn't rotate the keepers enough. There's three good English premier league goalkeepers maybe even a forth though Heaton is injured at the moment. So you have Pickford, Pope & Henderson. You must give them games. 

11 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think problem is with Southgate and is he just doesn't rotate the keepers enough. There's three good English premier league goalkeepers maybe even a forth though Heaton is injured at the moment. So you have Pickford, Pope & Henderson. You must give them games. 

I'd remove Pickford from that list and add Ramsdale.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Because they are supposed to be professional referees.

Agreed but "professional" footballers shouldn't be abusing professional referees either. 

I'd like to see footballers booked, sent off, fined and banned for disrespecting officaldom on the pitch.

They are role models and fail badly.

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I'm a professional in my job. But if someone started calling me a useless c**t etc whilst I was trying to do my job then at the very least I'd have a go back. 

As a professional in your job, are you supposed to be impartial?

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

Agreed but "professional" footballers shouldn't be abusing professional referees either. 

I'd like to see footballers booked, sent off, fined and banned for disrespecting officaldom on the pitch.

They are role models and fail badly.

True, but a professional footballers job is to win football matches, not be impartial. If the ref doesn't like things said Toni him, book them and include it in match report.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

True, but a professional footballers job is to win football matches, not be impartial. If the ref doesn't like things said Toni him, book them and include it in match report.

Not sure I understand the link between winning matches and respecting human beings. They are not incompatible. The actions and reactions of many pro footballers on the pitch is disgusting.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

Not sure I understand the link between winning matches and respecting human beings. They are not incompatible. The actions and reactions of many pro footballers on the pitch is disgusting.

True. I was drawing a distinction between the job of a footballer (to win football matches) and the job of a referee, which is to impartially administer the laws of the game.

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

How odd

Hmm part of me thinks Moss is in the wrong but another part of me thinks he's within his rights to give a little back if they've been having pops at him all game.

Ultimately I don't think he should be making comments like that as if there were controversial decisions in the game and then goes and makes these comments it could cause him trouble as it would bring his impartiality into question. 

I know it never happens and I'm at a loss to understand why, but if players do end up calling refs every word under the sun they should be booked. That's surely a much better way of managing the game instead of having a war of words and then dealing with the subsequent media circus?

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Like 2

I'm with Bournemouth here I've got to say. 

Abuse or no abuse I think in principle the ref really shouldn't be saying anything like that. Refs are human and get plenty of stick and I can understand why they might want to exchange a few words but I think it calls into question their professional and impartiality.

Moss should apologise and if he was abused by those players he should tell the press what they said to him.

• Like 4