Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

32 minutes ago, evil jack said:

Come on.

I saw that comment about us on every opposing teams forum in 15/16 - right before we played and beat them.

It's pure snobbery.

Nope. Not accurate. 

We had some of the best players in the league. They haven't got a single player who'd make a top half side. And most wouldn't make a bottom half side.

It makes their achievement very impressive. But don't kid ourselves that they are any good.

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Nope. Not accurate. 

We had some of the best players in the league. They haven't got a single player who'd make a top half side. And most wouldn't make a bottom half side.

It makes their achievement very impressive. But don't kid ourselves that they are any good.

Individually they aren't anything special but the system and the way the players compliment one another is priceless and more effective than anything Man Utd and the like could try and simply purchase off the shelf. 

They don't need the so called technical ability from key players, as long as Wilder keeps them progressing and bringing in the eight players who can play their unique system then they'll stay a top 8 team comfortably. It's great to see.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Nope. Not accurate. 

Is the air particularly thin up there on your high horse?

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Fair play. You're right. 

I'll get my popcorn this summer and watch the transfer scramble for McBurney and Sharp

They don’t have great individuals but they’re a good team who nail the job they’re told to do. There are many ways to skin a cat.

The real test will come next year when people are more aware of what they do. Can they adapt. But right now, they’re a good team doing the business for their manager.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I would absolutely love it if Sheff Utd joined us in the top 4, the embarrassment of Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal would be glorious.

Momentary joy, followed by strong calls for a European super league.

Careful what you wish for I reckon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

Bournemouth are down aren't they?

AFCB.JPG.780882a25e55a5616694a1a17a80a99c.JPG

I dont think its as harsh as it looks at first glance.

They will be looking at beating Palace, Newcastle and Southampton at home. They are on 26 pts currently and 35pts might be enough to stay up, any points from the rest of the matches will be a bonus.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I would absolutely love it if Sheff Utd joined us in the top 4, the embarrassment of Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal would be glorious.

I'd love it too for next season.

We started off a bit of a trend in having a surprise success season but finding it difficult to take that same squad into Europe the following season - Burnley and Wolves have both done that since, and Sheffield United might have the same issues. 

I think we have a good chance of staying in the top 4/Champions League permanently as we have a more sustainable squad and model.

• Like 2