Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

49 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Why did Brighton feel it necessary to give Graham Potter what was it? A five year contract? Based upon how Brighton are ‘playing better football’? 
Playing better football and ‘progressing’ could easily equate to relegation.

Football clubs don’t have make some bizarre decisions at times

I don't think his appointment was a bad decision, giving him a new five year contract after 3 months was bizarre though. He seemed baffled by it himself. They may get relegated this season, but judging by their form at the end of last season I think they would have gone down this season with Chris Hughton anyway. 

13 hours ago, Stadt said:

I think how intelligent clubs are matters more than wealth. United rake in loads more than Liverpool but because the twats are unbearably well run they’re setting records. Arsenal are richer than us, Sheffield United and Wolves but because we’ve got good managers and well assembled squads we’re all performing much better.

Even Man City are mega rich but don’t win titles by blowing absolutely everybody out of the water financially, yeah obviously they spend more, but they’ve made clever acquisitions rather than spent £100ms on just a few players. Liverpool have become the best team in the world by getting a superb manager in, giving him time, assembling the best recruitment team in the world and putting together a talented, undervalued and cohesive squad. 

Spurs spend very little relatively and have probably been the second or third best team in the league over recent years too.

I hate how money oriented it is and how the elite clubs are so self-serving but the glass ceiling is starting to crack a little bit. The main worry is the elite clubs that are switched on like Man City and Liverpool, how on earth do we catch them up? We probably can’t but that’s football and it’s always been similar.

With the right signings we can build a world class squad, Liverpool weren’t amazing 3 years ago, they signed players from Hull, Hoffenheim, Roma, Southampton, Charlton, Monaco, Sunderland and Newcastle to build this squad do it’s not out of reach. Being more intelligent as club is better than being more well off.

It is but I do think ultimately that the glass ceiling still exists, it's just moved up slightly because of how poor some of the others are. If Manchester United, Arsenal and I'd argue even Chelsea were better run we'd be a lot worse off.

It is so fundamentally structured against clubs outside the elite.

We have been the single best competitor against the elite though and I am proud of that. This is quite incredible really but Leicester 2016 is the only non big 6 side to qualify for the Champions League since Everton in 2005 (and even Everton were binned out in the play-offs before the groups), and we look like becoming the 2nd this season too.

We've actually done superbly. Appreciate I've turned a negative into a positive here lol but well done Leicester.

Just now, brucey said:

Ziyech rejected us before hasn't he? Doubt he'd have joined us regardless of what we offered - not a big enough club in his eyes.

Yeah, annoying Indeed. Always viewed by many on here as the obvious replacement for Mahrez. Seems so obvious, this football player market sometimes! It never pans out like the fans want it to.

Brings a new dimension to the chant

“You’re not fit to referee”

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11932957/premier-league-referees-andy-madley-and-david-coote-fail-fifa-fitness-test

Premier League referees Andy Madley and David Coote fail FIFA fitness test

Premier League referees Andy Madley and David Coote failed fitness tests to remain members of the FIFA international list, Sky Sports News has confirmed.

The Daily Mail reported that the pair attended a training camp in Majorca recently but did not meet the physical standard required to proceed.

David Coote also attended the training camp in Majorca 

Sky Sports News has been told that the reason for their failed tests was due to illness.

Madley and Coote remain on FIFA's list of elite referees and will now retake their tests.

Coote refereed Everton's 3-1 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday, while Madley's last Premier League appointment also involved Palace, in their 1-0 home defeat to Sheffield United the previous weekend.

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Confirmed transfer to Chelsea.

I don't really get how a player can be plotting a move away and agreeing a move away outside of the transfer window.

If one of our players did this I'd be fuming!

And if this is now a thing we should start doing it. No doubt we'd get hit with a transfer ban. 

Dirty Chelsea.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I don't really get how a player can be plotting a move away and agreeing a move away outside of the transfer window.

And if this is now a thing we should start doing it. No doubt we'd get hit with a transfer ban. 

Dirty Chelsea.

ajax have confirmed it. they are within their rights to be negotiating a deal whilst the window is shut. it gives them certainty with their planning.  i have an inkling that Chelsea tried to get this deal done in January so perhaps the player wanted his future sorting out as he wanted to leave last month. 

40 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Dirty Chelsea.

Chelsea tried to buy him in January, but Ajax didn't want to sell.

They've made the signing official now to avoid fan backlash for not signing anyone in January despite Lampard over achieving by having them compete for a Champions League place despite losing Hazard. Lampard himself seemed pretty annoyed by the situation so I think they've done this to show him they are backing and trusting him. So essentially a PR move.

Deals get done outside of transfer windows all the time. We had deals for Ndidi and Ricardo done in advance of windows being opened up, even if they weren't made official. Admittedly they weren't as early as this one!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Brings a new dimension to the chant

“You’re not fit to referee”

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11932957/premier-league-referees-andy-madley-and-david-coote-fail-fifa-fitness-test

Premier League referees Andy Madley and David Coote fail FIFA fitness test

Premier League referees Andy Madley and David Coote failed fitness tests to remain members of the FIFA international list, Sky Sports News has confirmed.

The Daily Mail reported that the pair attended a training camp in Majorca recently but did not meet the physical standard required to proceed.

David Coote also attended the training camp in Majorca 

Sky Sports News has been told that the reason for their failed tests was due to illness.

Madley and Coote remain on FIFA's list of elite referees and will now retake their tests.

Coote refereed Everton's 3-1 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday, while Madley's last Premier League appointment also involved Palace, in their 1-0 home defeat to Sheffield United the previous weekend.

My sources tell me that Bournmouth's favourite ref Jon Moss was set to fail but his Gym work saved him.

Apparently he works out almost once a week..

Polish_20200213_172719055.jpg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Would take Pulisic from Chelsea with them signing Ziyech 

Err why would Chelsea sell him? Not a chance he comes here. 

Ziyech signing is more likely to be a replacement for the ageing Pedro. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Why did Brighton feel it necessary to give Graham Potter what was it? A five year contract? Based upon how Brighton are ‘playing better football’? 
Playing better football and ‘progressing’ could easily equate to relegation.

Football clubs don’t have make some bizarre decisions at times

I imagine its because they see him as someone to build the teams style of in a sustainable way. Even if they go down they think Potter will have them in a better place, playing better more effective football, than they were previously, without having to lump it up to a 36 year old Glenn Murray. 

I imagine that's what they thought, and for a while it was working, but now Potter has resorted to lumping it up to 36 year old Glenn Murray. He really needs to stick with Maupay, the talents there and it'll be more rewarding in the long run as he improves as a player

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Err why would Chelsea sell him? Not a chance he comes here. 

Ziyech signing is more likely to be a replacement for the ageing Pedro. 

Or Willian who is out of contract in the summer.

11 hours ago, That_Dude said:

A pity we didn't get Ziyech. Would've loved him on the wing. Just thought I'd post this to lighten the mood...

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/attention-liverpool-fans.453320/

That's both pathetic and embarrassing. Some fans are genuinely just morons:blink:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1