Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Henderson too. 

Henderson comes across as a right arrogant bastard but yeah he should be considered for England.

He doesn't seem the type to stay at Man Utd just to be a reserve GK (should De Gae stay).

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He's way behind Pope. And Foster. But ahead of Pickford. But no prizes for guessing who Southgate likes best.

I think Foster retired from international duty...so Pope, Henderson, Pickford. In that order too, probably. Only thing that puts Pickford forward for Southgate is his distribution.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Love to see the mass panic of the big clubs when Leicester and Sheffield United get in to the Champions League. Man Utd and Arsenal will be screaming, banging on the doors of UEFA begging for closed shop European Super League. 

Opposed to the idea naturally but would be hilarious to see Arsenal gettig hammered week in week out. (Bit like this season as it happens)

They wouldn't be long requesting to rejoin the Premier League.

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Bloody brilliantly if we finished 3rd, Sheff United 4th, Wolves won the Europa League, Villa the League Cup and Southampton the Fa Cup.

No Europe for Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs or. Arsenal.

Haha... Put it on a wish list buddy, I'm with you on that!

However all four of those "big sixers" would be tipped by the renowned experts to finish above us, sheff utd and wolves next season, they can't abide teams like us no matter how they praise our success through gritted teeth.

The bunch of feckers.

9 minutes ago, Realjimbo said:

Haha... Put it on a wish list buddy, I'm with you on that!

However all four of those "big sixers" would be tipped by the renowned experts to finish above us, sheff utd and wolves next season, they can't abide teams like us no matter how they praise our success through gritted teeth.

The bunch of feckers.

Tbf with no European games to play, they probably would do a bit better in the league lol

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'd love it too for next season.

We started off a bit of a trend in having a surprise success season but finding it difficult to take that same squad into Europe the following season - Burnley and Wolves have both done that since, and Sheffield United might have the same issues. 

I think we have a good chance of staying in the top 4/Champions League permanently as we have a more sustainable squad and model.

5 hours ago, lildave3 said:

1. We didn’t invent being a surprise team in Europe. 
2. How are Wolves finding it difficult? 

3. We suffered in the league that year because we lost Kanté then Ranieri insisted on a style that didn’t suit our squad. 

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I bet someone does pay that ridiculous money for Harry Wilson as well.

I would have a sneaky bet it may be you guys lol 

Rodgers has been a big fan of him for a few years and tried to get him on loan at Celtic twice, his soured relationship with Liverpool meant it was a non-starter though.

The 4 teams on 31 points play each other this weekend coming. 

Southampton vs Burnley 

Arsenal vs Newcastle. 

Arsenal could finish the weekend 13th. 

Still mad that Arsenal have only won 2 more games than Norwich (20th), 1 more than Watford (19th) and same amount as West Ham (18th).

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Bloody hell, Chris Sutton making a good point!

He isn’t really 

26 in a few months...

the days of GKs playing at the elite level in their late 30s has long gone in the prem

some of the best gks over the last 10 years have actually been better when they were younger

neur

de gea

courtois

cech

on a crapper scale

Hart

butland

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

He isn’t really 

26 in a few months...

the days of GKs playing at the elite level in their late 30s has long gone in the prem

some of the best gks over the last 10 years have actually been better when they were younger

neur

de gea

courtois

cech

on a crapper scale

Hart

butland

Sutton is the one arguing against Pickford playing for England and for the likes of Henderson getting a chance, so not sure why you're writing all that to prove he's not making  good point.

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The 4 teams on 31 points play each other this weekend coming. 

Southampton vs Burnley 

Arsenal vs Newcastle. 

Arsenal could finish the weekend 13th. 

Still mad that Arsenal have only won 2 more games than Norwich (20th), 1 more than Watford (19th) and same amount as West Ham (18th).

And lost same as us, Man City and wolves 

fine margins ......

Just now, Facecloth said:

Sutton is the one arguing against Pickford playing for England and for the likes of Henderson getting a chance, so not sure why you're writing all that to prove he's not making  good point.

I thought Sutton was saying his a baby 

in terms of gk 

I didn’t click it just read it 

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I thought Sutton was saying his a baby 

in terms of gk 

I didn’t click it just read it 

Kinda have too listen to it to hear the whole discussion lol

Edited by Facecloth

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

And lost same as us, Man City and wolves 

fine margins ......

Turning all those draws into wins isn’t necessarily fine margins. How many times have Arsenal salvaged a point from a losing position? Drawing doesn’t necessarily mean they missed out on 3 points, as often as not they could’ve lost. I say could’ve because I have no idea how their games have panned out on the whole’ :dunno:

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Totally agree with what Pickford says. In general new England players have a honeymoon period of about a year where if they are being picked regularly for squads while not being the best player in the league, their heads will be called for. Maguire was a bit of a cult hero for England even as recently as last summer, then off he trots to Man Utd and suddenly he's not even League One standard. The same will happen to Maddison if and when he leaves to join a bigger side. Everyone wants him in the squad now but his popularity will soon go down.

Those calling for Henderson to be our #1 ahead of Pickford will soon blush when they realise he's on Man Utd's books.

• Like 2