Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Walkers said:

I don't get it, was that not given because his finger nail was offside or becaue De Gea has stopped?

His shoulder was beyond the foot of the last defender. The black line was Aguero, you could see it was going to be ruled out. Neville was getting the lines mixed up. 

It would have been given if he was onside, the linesman should have waited to flag. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Yeah it’s a bit ridiculous they use Agueros armpit but Shaws foot which didn’t look the furthest part forward 

Aguero's knee looked in line with his shoulder. 

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

I thought they was meant to keep it down until the player has shot?

Nah.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

His knee didn't look offside to me.

They've just shown it again, shoulder offside. They normally show it for a good while though, we got a 3 second still image.

Think they keep showing it until VAR man has made a decision. In this instance it was quite quick.

Amazing how earlier on in the season people bemoand and criticised time it took for decisions to be made. This one gets done within seconds almost and it still gets criticised lol 

Just now, StanSP said:

Aguero's knee looked in line with his shoulder. 

Nah.

Think they keep showing it until VAR man has made a decision. In this instance it was quite quick.

Amazing how earlier on in the season people bemoand and criticised time it took for decisions to be made. This one gets done within seconds almost and it still gets criticised lol 

It’s all down to consistency or lack of it in the whole thing, it creates doubt and suspicion in the whole process. 

1 minute ago, Livid said:

It’s all down to consistency or lack of it in the whole thing, it creates doubt and suspicion in the whole process. 

The inconsistency I get but in the moment, an official has made a decision fairly sharpish and it still gets moaned at. If he took ages, he'd still get moaned at. 

1 minute ago, Livid said:

Consistency cuts both ways though, you should react consistently as well. 

If a Vardy goal was ruled out like that you'd be furious and if a goal was given like that against us you'd be furious. 

I want United to lose this and I've had plenty of moans about VAR being used to help out the big clubs but I personally thought he looked offside there. 

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Man City have been poor for about 50% of games this season. I can't see them scoring here at all.

Does Raheem Sterling still play for them?