Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I think the same. Very good with his feet but there's plenty of better shotstoppers than him including Kasper.

Still can't remember him making 2 such blatant errors in one game. Anyway, it's down to our lot now. How much do they want to get in the CL? Need to get into Villa right from the start tomorrow and hope that their keeper doesn't have yet another blinder.

Just now, Fightforever said:

Basic I know but now its that obvious if we lost to villa providing that shefield and man u keep their runs going it would take a miracle to finish top 4 and me being a pessimist also taking into account rogers' collapse at liverpool we probably wont even make the europa league.

What about when we were bottom of the league 5 seasons ago, not winning, losing when we could have drawn, in poor form - what happened after that? Escaped relegation with a game to spare, finishing the season in 14th.

People saying 'we don't deserve Europe', 'we'll finish 7th', 'guaranteed to lose out' etc etc is fvcking boring now.

We're 3rd. Even if we lose tomorrow, we're still 3rd. There's more than enough games to get enough points to qualify for Europe while other teams around us take points off each other. 

Until it's mathematically impossible to qualify/not qualify for CL, we are still in within a shot and I have faith in the manager & players to turn it around. We, as 'fans', need to get behind the squad and show them we still believe in them. If not before now, then starting tomorrow.

/birchtalk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, z-layrex said:

Burnley are in amazing form, no reason for them to be a walkover at the moment against anyone.

They had a strong Feb and good start to March but the only big sides they played have been both North London sides, both at home, and both results were draws. 

4 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Basic I know but now its that obvious if we lose to villa providing that shefield and man u keep their runs going it would take a miracle to finish top 4 and me being a pessimist also taking into account rogers' collapse at liverpool we probably won't even make the europa league.

Yes if we lose and man united win again we would be 2 points ahead of them still but it will be a miracle to finish top 4? Come on fella the glass isn't empty is it? It's at least half empty right? :schlupp:

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Thought Fernandes wasn't great today. Yes, he set up the first goal but only because of terrible defending and even worse goalkeeping. Other that hardly touched the ball. 

He’s been more influential in other games but it’s clear that he’s made a big difference to them since joining.

United have players that suit games like today, play balls down the side to James and Martial and have them scare the shit out of Man City’s defence.

United especially earlier in the season looked similar to us under Puel, look dangerous against the big teams, struggle to breakdown the lesser teams.

But since Fernandes has come in they’ve showed improvements.

Another take on our CL chances, from fivethirtyeight.  (They assume 5th place will qualify)

before the Manchester derby: 93%

1120478862_538Mar8.thumb.JPG.57bffa4b217d90ba7f0d1671247aafa6.JPG

after the Manchester derby: 93%

1449748246_538Mar82.thumb.JPG.1429e35531a135d4da8f7b236af44c0f.JPG

We simply have to take care of our own business.  If you don’t like our chances, you just don’t think we’re worth a damn for the run in.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What about when we were bottom of the league 5 seasons ago, not winning, losing when we could have drawn, in poor form - what happened after that? Escaped relegation with a game to spare, finishing the season in 14th.

People saying 'we don't deserve Europe', 'we'll finish 7th', 'guaranteed to lose out' etc etc is fvcking boring now.

We're 3rd. Even if we lose tomorrow, we're still 3rd. There's more than enough games to get enough points to qualify for Europe while other teams around us take points off each other. 

Until it's mathematically impossible to qualify/not qualify for CL, we are still in within a shot and I have faith in the manager & players to turn it around. We, as 'fans', need to get behind the squad and show them we still believe in them. If not before now, then starting tomorrow.

/birchtalk.

I wish I could see the world from your view maybe then I could see something in humanity.

I still doubt that if we lose to villa we qualify for europe this is a younger squad then the great escape one.

I don't think they have the mental fortitude to come back from a loss now. At least enough to the point where we can win enough games to get back to a position where we are firm favourites for the top 4. Only time will tell anyway I wont have a go at you for being positive. I agree to disagree here. I hope I am wrong anyway sevilla at home was one of the best days of my life.

24 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Imagine saying we've blown it 5 points clear of 5th.

Yes the form hasn't been great but come on man. Just means we'll have to win a few. 

To say it's all over is insane.

It's only natural when teams chasing us look good and we only just scraped through against a poor championship side, unless there's a complete transformation in the side I'd say he has a point 

18 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Yes if we lose and man united win again we would be 2 points ahead of them still but it will be a miracle to finish top 4? Come on fella the glass isn't empty is it? It's at least half empty right? :schlupp:

**** me I am a bipolar twat at times but I still don't see it happening if we lose to aston villa.

Shame that Ederson decided to be an absolute horror show today plus Man City not looking remotely bothered but the situation hasn't changed in terms of us badly needing to sort ourselves out.

We'll know more by this time next week, we play twice and Man United are at Tottenham. If it is two points then we're on our way to being done, yet it could be 8-11. The team can go one of two ways now.

• Like 1

gap is getting worryingly close, 5 points is barely anything although it is effectively 6 with goal difference.

Typical for Man City and Pool to maximise points against us but drop to Manchester United which has helped them get closer.

32 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Thought Fernandes wasn't great today. Yes, he set up the first goal but only because of terrible defending and even worse goalkeeping. Other than that hardly touched the ball. 

Matic returning has been the key, providing defensive cover to shield slow coach Maguire and his comrades in defence