Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Morgan Gibbs-White the latest footballer to be a dick. 

Footage on Snapchat of him at a party at a friend's house apparently during this lockdown period. 

Edited by StanSP

Guest Markyblue

To scared to play football but having party's dont seem to be a problem.  Losing my love of football as this drags on.

Guest Markyblue
7 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

TBF Have any of the players who commented on their fears of coming back been involved in a party?

I don't think its fair to tar them all with the same brush - a few idiots but there have been generally throughout this lockdown from all walks of life. 

Quite possibly not, but we are talking about fit young men who have virtually no chance of getting anything like severe symptoms,  when hundreds of thousands of older more at risk people are at work still doing their jobs and with no army of doctors and support staff checking and cleaning everything they are going to touch.

18 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

TBF Have any of the players who commented on their fears of coming back been involved in a party?

I don't think its fair to tar them all with the same brush - a few idiots but there have been generally throughout this lockdown from all walks of life. 

Going to be harder for players to say they aren't comfortable with playing if more stories emerge of players flouting rules, and be empathised with.

I'd imagine, in private, these clubs are livid, as I'd hope we'd be if any of our players were to do similar.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Quite possibly not, but we are talking about fit young men who have virtually no chance of getting anything like severe symptoms,  when hundreds of thousands of older more at risk people are at work still doing their jobs and with no army of doctors and support staff checking and cleaning everything they are going to touch.

Yes sorry I just meant these players that have broken the rules haven't said they won't play as far i am aware.

Probsbly the opposite- just want to get on and not worries about the virus hence their actions.

Edited by Super_horns

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Probably due to the stranglehold that BT and Sky have on broadcasting in England. It would take a massive company (like Amazon, for example with what they done this season) to be able to pay that big chunk to get it done, then getting people to jump across to it. 

I don’t think they’d struggle to convince people to subscribe, it’s just the initial funding that only a small wealth of businesses in the entertainment/broadcasting industry have in terms of that kind of money. 

You reckon the EPL would be big enough in itself to do it on their own? 

Guest Markyblue
2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Yes sorry I just meant these players that have broken the rules haven't said they won't play as far i am aware.

Probsbly the opposite- just want to get on and not worries about the virus hence their actions.

That's fair but i honestly feel football at least premier league football is at a xroads and needs to beware. 

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sorry wtf is this lol

So turn the other cheek when tackled.

What next - you have the ball, no you have the ball you got there just before me and besides we’re already winning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's superb! I lived in Berlin for a bit and went to see a few Hertha Berlin games and also once went to see Dortmund play for a trip outside of Berlin. Fans are well behaved but passionate, you can swig a beer during the match, support is vocal, football is of good quality (though IMO not to Premier League standard). Dortmund was something else! The Yellow Wall is incredible and they have "hype men" with megaphones to get the crowd going. Not everyone is a fan of that sort of thing, but it has a big effect. The whole ground was singing and they would do things like cheer for a player that was struggling. When I went there Marc Batra had just signed and was not having the best of games, but the hype men and fans started singing for him moments after he made a poor back pass that almost cost the team a goal. He improved significantly and he went over to the fans post-match to say thank you. I liken this to Soynucu's game against Wolves as our first game this season, the whole crowd got behind him and you saw his confidence just grow and grow and now he's the best young CB in the country.

If you ever get the opportunity to go and see a Bundesliga match, I'd highly recommend it. It's welcoming to all people but still has a good intensity about it. But that said the best atmosphere I have ever been to (other than our title winning season) was a Milan Derby that finished 2-2. I couldn't see anything for the first 20 minutes due to smoke from flairs, and all the goals were scored during that period! But regardless the noise and atmosphere was something else.

I second that. I’ve only been to Dortmund but it was absolutely brilliant. The whole day was a different class to anything I’ve seen over here. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Morgan Gibbs-White the latest footballer to be a dick. 

Footage on Snapchat of him at a party at a friend's house apparently during this lockdown period. 

6 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Wolves fans totally ripping into him which says it all..

As he was the young local great hope.

Yep he's really let the club down. Especially as the owners and players have been doing loads for the local NHS. 

He looked good when he first broke through but he flatters to deceive nowadays, even with the excuse of lack of game time. I can imagine the club will give him a hefty fine and Nuno will probably go ape-shit at him. Character is one of the big things we look for in players we bring in. He's maybe gotten a bit Billy Big Bollocks the last 12 months with a model wannabe 'influencer' girlfriend. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Yep he's really let the club down. Especially as the owners and players have been doing loads for the local NHS. 

He looked good when he first broke through but he flatters to deceive nowadays, even with the excuse of lack of game time. I can imagine the club will give him a hefty fine and Nuno will probably go ape-shit at him. Character is one of the big things we look for in players we bring in. He's maybe gotten a bit Billy Big Bollocks the last 12 months with a model wannabe 'influencer' girlfriend. 

You do really come across as a very fair football fan

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Lcfcben1 said:

Made a montage to remind us why we f*****g love our club 

After all the years of mediocrity during the past decade, it’s so good to be able to be proud of the squad we’ve got now. 

Most of them aren’t City fans but they genuinely seem to have a love for the club. Majority seem like good friends off the field too.

Some will move on, some will stay... but what a bunch we’ve got right now. I couldn’t imagine supporting anyone else in the world.

The atmosphere at the club is credit to everyone from the very top to tea lady. They’ve created something Leicester fans could never have dreamed of. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

After all the years of mediocrity during the past decade, it’s so good to be able to be proud of the squad we’ve got now. 

Most of them aren’t City fans but they genuinely seem to have a love for the club. Majority seem like good friends off the field too.

Some will move on, some will stay... but what a bunch we’ve got right now. I couldn’t imagine supporting anyone else in the world.

The atmosphere at the club is credit to everyone from the very top to tea lady. They’ve created something Leicester fans could never have dreamed of. 

Totally agree, I used to work at the fan store and whenever the players popped in they were always friendly and most made sure they said hello to everyone who worked there 

I moved on after the 2016/17 seasons so I’ve not been able to meet the new lads but they all seem a decent bunch. I wasn’t sure on madders at first but I think he is a genuinely down to earth decent lad especially after seeing him kiss the badge after his eprem final win 

14 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Madders loves it here, he’s gonna be a legend. Could see him sticking round for a long time, even if it is inevitable that maybe one day he moves on to Man U.

I think they’re more likely to get Grealish but saying that, even if Maddison or grealish did join, where would they play? Don’t think either of them would get in ahead of Bruno Fernandes or Rashford on the left 

12 hours ago, Lcfcben1 said:

Made a montage to remind us why we f*****g love our club 

Just had the weirdest experience. I was listening to Outro by M83, and stopped it to watch your video. Thought something had messed up so kept clicking pause on Spotify and couldn't figure out what was wrong, finally worked out its the same track you have on your video. What are the chances haha

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Horrible experience for anyone .

Talk of various players having different viewpoints on how safe the season is to start ..

Did Germany have such divisions I wonder in terms of how to start ?

Surely they go back if ordered to do so like everyone else?

• Like 1