Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

18 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Some of the people blazing Kyle Walker will be the same kind that took part in street parties for VE Day 

Yeah I was out celebrating and thanking those who gave their lives for our liberty, at a safe distance from anyone else. I also go out and clap the Key workers as I have family who have had their lives saved by their bravery. Bit different to organising a sex party because I'm bored and then expecting sympathy because I'd been given a rough time.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 3

Think the issue was he did this 4 times - not just a careless incident.

Didn't help he had a party the first time either - that isn't just an accidental mental block.

But ofcouse he isn't the only one and there are many who feel the lockdown is a load of nonsense and doesn't affect them.

Edited by Super_horns

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Yeah I was out celebrating and thanking those who gave their lives for our liberty, at a safe distance from anyone else. I also go out and clap the Key workers as I have family who have had their lives saved by their bravery. Bit different to organising a sex party because I'm bored and then expecting sympathy because he's been given a rough time.

My bad I should of explained better. I meant people like these absolute cretins:

EB2ECFA5-9993-45E6-9B82-D3948ABF265D.jpeg

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

I wonder how the Man City bosses feel about it? I suspect they really don't want this kind of negative press

Given that Guardiola's Mother recently passed away from the virus, very angry I would imagine.

People are currently prohibited from being at the hospital bed of loved ones and unable to attend the funerals of those who have passed yet we've hundreds of idiots at street parties not observing social distancing, as above - not you MGLCFC or in the parks eating pizza! And Walker thinking it's acceptable to visit the family/host a sex party.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Given that Guardiola's Mother recently passed away from the virus, very angry I would imagine.

People are currently prohibited from being at the hospital bed of loved ones and unable to attend the funerals of those who have passed yet we've hundreds of idiots at street parties not observing social distancing, as above - not you MGLCFC or in the parks eating pizza! And Walker thinking it's acceptable to visit the family/host a sex party.

You've got it wrong. 

You're a tory voting hypocrite that claps NHS pay cuts and flaunts the lockdown. 

According to some in this thread, at least. 

27 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Wow. I didn't know Pep's mum died from it. 

I hope he's given him an absolute b0ll0cking. At the end of the day, he's a premier league winning England international with influence over people. That, whether he likes it or not, comes with responsibility to act as a role model for people. When you've got Oscar winning actor Olivia Coleman working at foodbanks and the like, Kyle Walker needs to have a good look at himself and he deserves all the aggro he's getting. 

I'm not expecting footballers to be angels but, at a certain level, when they can afford literally anything they want, following some simple rules for a couple of months (while they're STILL earning £100k a week) should be easy enough to do. I haven't seen any of my mates or family for 8 weeks now. I leave the house maybe 3 times a week - to volunteer, to go to the shop or to exercise. 

It's this sort of thing that is really questioning my enjoyment of the game at the top tier - along with the behaviour of some clubs and the merry go round of when it's coming back. About six weeks ago I was bothered if the season wasn't finished but now I care less and less about final standings.

We are very lucky as fans to have players like Kasper, Morgan and Albrighton who care about the club, the city and the people. If I was a Tottenham or a Brighton, I'd struggle to give a flying fig. So what if they get relegated? It doesn't matter. Club's still there. Fans are still there. It's not like the players really represent the people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Wow. I didn't know Pep's mum died from it. 

I hope he's given him an absolute b0ll0cking. At the end of the day, he's a premier league winning England international with influence over people. That, whether he likes it or not, comes with responsibility to act as a role model for people. When you've got Oscar winning actor Olivia Coleman working at foodbanks and the like, Kyle Walker needs to have a good look at himself and he deserves all the aggro he's getting. 

I'm not expecting footballers to be angels but, at a certain level, when they can afford literally anything they want, following some simple rules for a couple of months (while they're STILL earning £100k a week) should be easy enough to do. I haven't seen any of my mates or family for 8 weeks now. I leave the house maybe 3 times a week - to volunteer, to go to the shop or to exercise. 

It's this sort of thing that is really questioning my enjoyment of the game at the top tier - along with the behaviour of some clubs and the merry go round of when it's coming back. About six weeks ago I was bothered if the season wasn't finished but now I care less and less about final standings.

We are very lucky as fans to have players like Kasper, Morgan and Albrighton who care about the club, the city and the people. If I was a Tottenham or a Brighton, I'd struggle to give a flying fig. So what if they get relegated? It doesn't matter. Club's still there. Fans are still there. It's not like the players really represent the people. 

Absolutely. I've not seen my parents, any family or friends since December and there's no possibility of being able to return to Leicester for the forseable future so I've no sympathy what so ever for Walker. Him and people like him are going to extend the problem.

Fortunately he's not representative of the majority of PL footballers, there's been enough examples of great contributions - polar opposite example in Marcus Rashford raising millions and helping to support a charity providing meals to vunerable children.

Football returning anytime soon is looking less feasible imo.

Edited by FoyleFox

This type of tweet pisses me off; yes they are people but they're in an incredibly privileged position to cope through this period better than most. 

They're tested regularly, will have access to personal medicine when wanted not through waiting via the NHS and have just as much PPE and care taken for them as bloody doctors. 

Whilst they are people and do need to be cared for, now isn't the time to go for sympathy when colleagues are busy having sex parties and breaking lockdown. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This type of tweet pisses me off; yes they are people but they're in an incredibly privileged position to cope through this period better than most. 

They're tested regularly, will have access to personal medicine when wanted not through waiting via the NHS and have just as much PPE and care taken for them as bloody doctors. 

Whilst they are people and do need to be cared for, now isn't the time to go for sympathy when colleagues are busy having sex parties and breaking lockdown. 

Lots of people are currently working without any or limited protection and in the coming weeks more businesses are going to reopen. Yes, I understand they're people too but everyone that isn't at work is going to be expected to return, with safety measures in place. Are footballers expecting to wait until there's a vaccine or it's eradicated?

I'm not suggesting rushing back without adequate consideration but that there will be a risk for everyone, and a lot of other people will have no protection or medical facilities immediately to hand.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Call me sceptical but isn’t it convienient that it’s an ‘unknown’ Brighton player? 

I don’t believe any clubs around Europe have divulged the names of any players infected without their agreement. A few in Italy were named but not others afaik ..... 

18 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Call me sceptical but isn’t it convienient that it’s an ‘unknown’ Brighton player? 

Didn't we have 3 un-named players when this all took off?

6 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I think they were symptomatic but no one was diagnosed 

The point was they were unnamed and probably would have stayed unnamed if they'd have been found to have it.

2 hours ago, davieG said:

The point was they were unnamed and probably would have stayed unnamed if they'd have been found to have it.

Haha yeah I know, the comment was tongue and cheek really. I’m sure a medically trained doctor wouldn’t risk loosing their license on such a thing.

Or seriously hope not anyway 

• Like 1