Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Is it confirmed for rape? 

I heard the police and ambulance were called cos the lady was 'unwell'?! 

Presumably 'being unwell' was the reason the lady gave over the phone to the ambulance to get them to come. She couldn't exactly say 'I've been raped, help' while CHO was next to her? 

5 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Troy Deeney refusing to return to training. Be interesting to see if all our players go back.

That’s his call. It shouldn’t affect anything. if players decide as a group that they don’t want to resume the season then that’s also fine but the loss in tv earning that each club suffer as a consequence MUST come off their salaries.  there cannot be in inconsequential decisions taken - I respect that Troy doesn’t want to put his family at any risk but sadly, like many out there at the moment, that’s comes at a price. 

if we restart our business next month and an employee says they aren’t prepared to come in then they will remain on furlough and not collect their full salary.  once furlough ends, we would then make them redundant.  Deeney has to realise that with widespread testing of club staff, there is more chance of him being exposed to CV when he opens his door to take in his Waitrose delivery than training and playing football. 

I expect many players of Watford, Brighton, West Ham will have this ‘issue’ ........

2 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Troy Deeney refusing to return to training. Be interesting to see if all our players go back.

He will I reckon unless a load of others do actually follow him.

Be in the gym or something doing fitness work which I think he does most of the time anyway !

Did say something about he'd be happy not to be paid if not playing?

Edited by Super_horns

1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Should really be furloughed now on 2500 a month. That will get him back I am sure. How can he expect a business generating  no revenue to pay wages for an undefined time?

At the end of the day, there a lot of people working to make a living who may prefer not to be working. If you want to eat, have heating etc. You need money, to get money you need a functioning economy where the businesses that pay are generating revenues. 

• Like 1

On 18/05/2020 at 05:02, StanSP said:

Something for everyone to pass the time.

Few Leicester players of course feature...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52665426

I got 119.

Got 125. Missed Azpilicueta (bit of a shocker), May, McClair and Mendy.

The fact that they're in alphabetical order really helps. No way I'd have got 'Paul Parker' if it weren't for 'Park' and 'Parlour' either side.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

He will I reckon unless a load of others do actually follow him.

Be in the gym or something doing fitness work which I think he does most of the time anyway !

Did say something about he'd be happy not to be paid if not playing?

Yeah I saw that he said he wasn't bothered about the money, as his family is more important, which is a perfectly fine decision. 

More importantly, if / when he makes the decision to go without pay or on furlough pay, it's going to make it easier on everyone. It seems the players with reservations about returning are contacting him privately about it. So if Deeney publicly opts against returning, in exchange for giving up his salary, any other player will essentially have to agree to the same, so they will all be able to quickly sort out what their priorities are. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

He comment that he's not being able to go to the hairdresser due to government guidelines on social distancing as its not safe, so how can be in a box with 19 other players  be safe, is pretty silly.

Simply Troy, Joe public going to a hairdresser aren't going to be tested on a weekly basis, the 19 players in the box are going to be tested weekly. 

I haven't got a problem with any LCFC player refusing to play as long as they are willing to accept being furlonged  on 2.5k a month. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He comment that he's not being able to go to the hairdresser due to government guidelines on social distancing as its not safe, so how can be in a box with 19 other players  be safe, is pretty silly.

Simply Troy, Joe public going to a hairdresser aren't going to be tested on a weekly basis, the 19 players in the box are going to be tested weekly. 

I haven't got a problem with any LCFC player refusing to play as long as they are will to accept being furlonged  on 2.5k a month. 

Maybe he feels there's an injustice that people in the barbers are not being tested but footballers are?

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Haha 1

Seems completely fair to me.

'I'm not going in' - Troy Deeney

Watford captain Troy Deeney speaking to Eddie Hearn and Tony Bellew on YouTube: "We’re due back in this week - I’ve said I’m not going in.

"It’s nothing to do with financial gain, hand on heart if I was to go into full detail about my personal situation, everyone here would go no problem, I completely understand what you’re saying.

"My problem was in the meeting, I asked very simple questions, for black, Asian and mixed ethnicities - they’re four times more likely to get the illness, they’re twice as likely to have long lasting illnesses - is there anything extra? Additional screening, heart stuff, to see if people have got problems with that? No? Well I feel that should be addressed.

"My son is only five, he had breathing difficulties, so I don’t want to come home to put him in more danger.

"I can’t get a haircut until mid-July but I can go and get in a box with 19 people and go and jump for a header and nobody could answer the questions, not because they didn’t want to, just because they don’t know the information so I said if you don’t know the information, why would I put myself at risk?"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Maybe he feels there's an injustice that people in the barbers are not being tested but footballers are?

Well he was saying it's unfair footballers are getting tested ahead of key workers.

Although I understand that clubs will be paying for their own tests and it's from private companies.

Just now, Super_horns said:

Well he was saying it's unfair footballers are getting tested ahead of key workers.

Although I understand that clubs will be paying for their own tests and it's from private companies.

And it is unfair. 

I understand football is important to a lot of people, as it is me but I know if I had a son with breathing issues as he does I would't be going back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Seems completely fair to me.

Fair if he as long as he willing to be furlonged on 2.5k a month or not be paid for a job he is refusing to do.

"My problem was in the meeting, I asked very simple questions, for black, Asian and mixed ethnicities - they’re four times more likely to get the illness, they’re twice as likely to have long lasting illnesses - is there anything extra? Additional screening, heart stuff, to see if people have got problems with that? No? Well I feel that should be addressed.

"My son is only five, he had breathing difficulties, so I don’t want to come home to put him in more danger.

As someone who works for the NHS, we have a lot of BAME staff who are in the same boat who are expected to work, it they refuse they have two options, take annual leave or unpaid leave. 

We also have a lot of staff who have shielding relatives, the Trust has offered them alternative accommodation, if they choose not to work see above! 

"I can’t get a haircut until mid-July but I can go and get in a box with 19 people and go and jump for a header and nobody could answer the questions, not because they didn’t want to, just because they don’t know the information so I said if you don’t know the information, why would I put myself at risk?"

Joe public going to a hairdresser aren't going to be tested on a weekly basis, the 19 players in the box are going to be tested weekly. 

• Like 2

I think if you don't want to play then that's fine. It's up to the club to decide if they pay you or put you on furlough. It's got to be treated like any other job.

If your club can't put out a team then you forfeit the fixture and lose 3-0.

10 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Yet he manages to accept an annual wage that most key workers won't earn in their life time. Man of the people Troy Deeney.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Troy Deeney is absolutely right to take that stance.

The season should be ended and current positions stand.

Through absolutely no coincidence whatsoever Watford are currently 17th and would be using the ppg model too....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I think if you don't want to play then that's fine. It's up to the club to decide if they pay you or put you on furlough. It's got to be treated like any other job.

If your club can't put out a team then you forfeit the fixture and lose 3-0.

Yet he manages to accept an annual wage that most key workers won't earn in their life time. Man of the people Troy Deeney.

True but people paid a lot are allowed to worry as much as a NHS worker would.

Yes they accept big wages and the lifestyle but they can be human and have concerns.

He has talked about not being paid too in all fairness.

To me he clearly just doesn't trust what ever he has been told regarding the BAME issue and worried about his family with a new born son.

Edited by Super_horns

Just now, Super_horns said:

So people paid a lot shouldn't worry so much as they earn more money than NHS workers ?

Sure they do but they can be human and have concerns.

He has talked about not being paid too in all fairness.

Nope - my point is life isn't equal and fair an he knows that. He earns way more than 99% of the people in this country and I've never seen him take a stance against that and demand key workers get paid more than him.

He works in a multi billion pound industry and they can afford to buy an insane amount of testing kits to make sure the players are working in the safest environment in the country. 

If he's genuinely worried about his kid and the league aren't able to answer his questions to his satisfaction then I have no issue with him saying "I don't want to do my job as I don't think it's safe". He's also doing the right thing by saying he doesn't want to be paid for the time he refuses to play as well,

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Fair if he as long as he willing to be furlonged on 2.5k a month or not be paid for a job he is refusing to do.

As someone who works for the NHS, we have a lot of BAME staff who are in the same boat who are expected to work, it they refuse they have two options, take annual leave or unpaid leave. 

We also have a lot of staff who have shielding relatives, the Trust has offered them alternative accommodation, if they choose not to work see above! 

Joe public going to a hairdresser aren't going to be tested on a weekly basis, the 19 players in the box are going to be tested weekly. 

I'm sure a millionaire would take a pay cut for a few months to help protect himself and his family if that was their choice.

Of course NHS staff should be expected to work, I work for the NHS too and have been. NHS staff are needed, is football needed? I don't care what they earn.

There are obvious flaws to a weekly test though - what if a players test comes back negative but they contract it within that week? A test doesn't make you immune to it.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

Guest Markyblue

Not seen many liverpool players scared to play. But in fairness i have seen a report that being in the bottom 6 gives you a much higher chance of catching the virus.😂

Just now, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'm sure a millionaire would take a pay cut for a few months to help protect himself and his family if that was their choice. 

Only Troy can answer that.

Of course NHS staff should be expected to work, I work for the NHS too and have been. NHS staff are needed, is football needed? I don't care what they earn.

I don't have care how much they earn or how much anyone earns or whether they work or not.

I also respect his decision to make the best choice for his family, the issue I have is the exception that his employer should pay him in full if he refuses to work. 

As long as they are willing to accept taking unpaid leave or being furlonged its all good. 

There are obvious flaws to a weekly test though - what if a players test comes back negative but they contract it within that week? A test doesn't make you immune to it, if anything it probably makes some people live with a false sense of security heightening the risks of spreading it. 

No it doesn't but its better then what NHS workers have been offered