Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

48 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Horrible experience for anyone .

Talk of various players having different viewpoints on how safe the season is to start ..

Did Germany have such divisions I wonder in terms of how to start ?

I was told that at the weekend that many of our players are of the opinion that the season won’t resume though that’s not necessarily their desire, just their expectation ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Not responsible but i think providence/integrity of the family has to come into it.

Sorry suzie but you would have to prove that the individual and the family are inter related re business dealings etc etc 

there are many bin ladens around the world (From that family) who are well respected ........

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sorry suzie but you would have to prove that the individual and the family are inter related re business dealings etc etc 

there are many bin ladens around the world (From that family) who are well respected ........

You are perhaps right, but i'm not sure it will ever sit well for me :( 

Premier League 'prepare bumper TV plan' as football eyes return
The Premier League is outlining plans for when football matches will be televised as they ready themselves for football's return

BySam Meade
03:34, 14 MAY 2020UPDATED08:30, 14 MAY 2020
SPORT

The Premier League has begun preparing for football's return by setting out an eye-catching template for televised games that they hope to implement for the remainder of the season.

Project Restart is hoping to get matches back up and running on June 12 or 19 and TV companies are preparing for the eventuality.

Friday Night Football is set to be the first slot filled with the highly anticipated match potentially Manchester United's trip to Tottenham.

The remaining matches will be played across Saturday, Sunday and conclude with Monday Night Football.

Sky Sports will air four of the games, including the Friday night clash, with BT Sport showing another one.

The other five are likely to be made free-to-air, reports the Daily Mail, with YouTube a potential platform.

The Premier League still has 92 fixtures to complete before the season concludes.

The backlog of fixtures had led to suggestions a game could be televised per day, but it is understood that authorities want a system put in place for when games will be played.

The ten games are likely to have staggered kick-off times.

Broadcasters have been hit massively by the lack of football and there is a strong willingness from all parties to get games back on TV.

The usual set-up from TV companies is going to have to be tailored with social distancing measures in mind though.

Sky are still deciding whether their coverage would be best served at the stadium or in an off-site studio.

Interviews also present an issue but managers and players could face the media in the same way Government officials do at Downing Street - via videolink.

Plenty still rests on the current season with Liverpool not confirmed as champions while the race for Europe is still on as is the battle to avoid the drop.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-prepare-bumper-tv-22024292

People might make fun of of his speech, but he does come across as very professional and responsible (away from the negative media spotlight that most other footballers that put themselves, in both on and off the field).

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Actually really rate this, great gesture from Kane and gives thanks to the NHS staff. 

Fair play to him, I bet some div on here, will still have a negative reply on it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lestajigs said:

Fair play to him, I bet some div on here, will still have a negative reply on it! 

Would be brilliant if other players did similar things for the smaller clubs they either started out at or clubs they initially went on loan to. So Maddison with Coventry (:D), would really help the prem give back to the lower leagues

• Like 2

22 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Actually really rate this, great gesture from Kane and gives thanks to the NHS staff. 

Comes across as decent off field. Never see him get caught up with anything negative and this is a great gesture.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Comes across as decent off field. Never see him get caught up with anything negative and this is a great gesture.

One of the best complements you can give a top pro is hearing little to no negative press around them off the pitch. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Wait for it.... 

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

One of the best complements you can give a top pro is hearing little to no negative press around them off the pitch. 

Well old twelve tongues definitely doesn't win that one 😂

(no disrespect to this great gesture at all, but plenty of personal stuff re negative press ie my comment and the classic lions tweet in 2016)

23 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Sponsor a lower league teams shirt for great PR. Season will probably never happen. Won’t have to pay. 

:ph34r: Had to do it 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Jesus, that is something. They'd happily lose their entire identity for a chance at success 

Can't even blame them imo. Losing as many first team players as they have over the years only to see them go on to great success while Southampton flop down the table must be ****ing heartbreaking. If that happened to us I reckon I could get behind the firepower of redbull quite easily, especially after seeing the rise of Leipzig.

7 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Can't even blame them imo. Losing as many first team players as they have over the years only to see them go on to great success while Southampton flop down the table must be ****ing heartbreaking. If that happened to us I reckon I could get behind the firepower of redbull quite easily, especially after seeing the rise of Leipzig.

Yeah but Red Bull's model involves only using young players and regularly selling the good ones, so getting them in wouldn't stop them seeing their first team players being sold.

Edited by ealingfox

7 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Jesus, that is something. They'd happily lose their entire identity for a chance at success 

I'm not sure if the league would allow this takeover to happen, but who knows funny things have happened Wimbledon moving to Milton Keynes happened. I seem to remember about five or six years ago Red Bull were linked with Villa when Lerner was looking to sell. Nothing developed in the end. For Southampton they would truely lose identity. I won't be surprised if Red Bull show up in a league one day but I think I will be a brand new club... Maybe like a Red Bull London.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

I'd even say the fox has become a bit more prominent in recent years on the strip - certainly the colouring has gotten better. 

We have a strong identity that has gotten stronger over the last decade - in part due to the title win - but you ask any neutral about us: they know where we are, can probably name half our first team and what we stand for.

50 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It's just a sponsor name for the ground, just as when it was the "Walkers Stadium". 

Red Bull would rebrand them as a Red Bull team; changing name, colour and badge pretty much just as MK Dons did to Wimbledon. 

You know that for a long long time we played at Filbert St. All sponsorship can be seen as selling your identity

Losing the name Southampton would be wrong but changing colours or Badge really isn't such a big deal. We've changed our badge several times over the years and the ridiculousness of us playing in yellow, green, red, pink, black, brown etc... has happened every year for a while. Shouldn't we just play in blue tops white shorts with the away strip of white tops blue shirts if we don't want to sell out?

I can understand supporters wanting an owner who is going to invest and make the a top 6 team.