Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

Schalke, anyone? 

At first I thought Wagner was on the coaching staff at Bournemouth and I wondered how I missed that somehow this season. Then re-read it and felt like an idiot....

Edited by Nalis

14 hours ago, Super_horns said:
Looks like the Premier league clubs will have a bill to pay regardless of if the season starts or not.

Time for the PL version of Netflix! Hopefully this 300m bill will force the PL to re-evaluate their business model and consider online streaming

43 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I don't know why but it always seems like the German football teams' social media output in English, their SECOND language, seems much better and fan-friendly than most over here. Would love to experience one of their games. 

I think they're aware of how envious a lot of English fans are about many facets of German football. Especially the cost, the way fans are treated and the atmosphere and they're doing everything they can to encourage our interest in their game.

I have family in Europe (though probably not much longer) so it's something I might not get to experience that cheap. I tried getting into a couple of Belgian games but at the times I was over the teams were usually on an away fixture or winter break.

Absolutely gobsmacked at the cost, though. I suppose that's what fan ownership does. 

3 hours ago, Shane said:

Time for the PL version of Netflix! Hopefully this 300m bill will force the PL to re-evaluate their business model and consider online streaming

I've wondered why they haven't done 5hat for a while now. All matches available to view, a MOTD style thing, a soccer saturday where they actually show goals as they come in, documentaries..... it could be massive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danizen said:

I think they're aware of how envious a lot of English fans are about many facets of German football. Especially the cost, the way fans are treated and the atmosphere and they're doing everything they can to encourage our interest in their game.

English fans only have themselves to blame though through their inability to use their nationwide spending power to force changes for the benefit of fans because of their club partisanship rather than football partisanship

4 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

I don't know why but it always seems like the German football teams' social media output in English, their SECOND language, seems much better and fan-friendly than most over here. Would love to experience one of their games. 

'That awkward out of context moment when Madders top bins it.

Agree?'