Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

You know that for a long long time we played at Filbert St. All sponsorship can be seen as selling your identity

Losing the name Southampton would be wrong but changing colours or Badge really isn't such a big deal. We've changed our badge several times over the years and the ridiculousness of us playing in yellow, green, red, pink, black, brown etc... has happened every year for a while. Shouldn't we just play in blue tops white shorts with the away strip of white tops blue shirts if we don't want to sell out?

I can understand supporters wanting an owner who is going to invest and make the a top 6 team.

Hadn't thought of it like that, fair point on Filbert St. and kit colours, a lot can be associated with just change over time. 

I can see why a fan would want a big backer to come in and buy the club, everyone dreams of their club being successful. 

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Name changes can be rejected, I believe. Hull's application to have Tigers added was turned down.

Ah yeah remember that, didn't Leeds bring in a badge change until there was a massive kick up against it? Cardiff obviously changed to red for a while too.

Story out this morning that a 'Premier League Ace' (debatable) went to Paris, defying lockdown rules, and had a party in a Parisian apartment. And, wait for it, he had sex with one of the girls :o

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Story out this morning that a 'Premier League Ace' (debatable) went to Paris, defying lockdown rules, and had a party in a Parisian apartment. And, wait for it, he had sex with one of the girls :o

It's lucky he's got a 'get out of jail free' card. Just mention mental health issues and it's fine.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Hudson Odei arrested for rape and released on bail.

Is it confirmed for rape? 

I heard the police and ambulance were called cos the lady was 'unwell'?! 

Why are you calling women over during a pandemic?

It is easy to judge the rape thing though but we definitely need to let it run its course and see what the facts are before passing judgement on that front. Not a good look for him right now and surely some of these thick, brain dead footballers need a wake up call.  

17 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Why are you calling women over during a pandemic?

It is easy to judge the rape thing though but we definitely need to let it run its course and see what the facts are before passing judgement on that front. Not a good look for him right now and surely some of these thick, brain dead footballers need a wake up call.  

Probably thought that as he's had it that he can't catch Corona anymore 

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

People's names shouldn't be released until it's proven guilty in court.

Normally I would agree but the feminist/ equality movement in Hollywood would not have happened if only guilty producers'  names are released as there would be plenty celebrities who would have used their wealth and influence to avoid guilty verdict.  

Just now, The Blur said:

Normally I would agree but the feminist/ equality movement in Hollywood would not have happened if only guilty producers'  names are released as there would be plenty celebrities who would have used their wealth and influence to avoid guilty verdict.  

Tbf yeah that's true. Or do it another way and let the police put out a statement before the press release a name. I dunno. It just seems harsh at this stage, even if eventually it turns out to be true, the amount of people who just read a headline/a name and then that's it opinion cemented. 

• Like 1