Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
midland_red

hope there is a Plan B

23 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

There will be a plan a, b, c and d in place that's why clubs have whole recruitment teams these days not just a Harry Rednapp style manager making deals on the fly.

Don’t underestimate the power of the car window...

niko you still playing lad? Dust your boots off...

Edited by dooflip
  • Haha 1

Midfielders like Tielemans are few and far between in terms of goals and assists. If we don't get him it could he that the emphasis is on finding two wide players who regularly bring 15-20 goal contributions a season and then a strong forward passer in the centre.

• Like 2

In principle, he has probably already decided re stay/go. We might get a clue from his body language at the last match. Anyone who saw Cambiasso's bow after scoring in the demolition of QPR to end the Great Escape knew that we wouldn't see him again.

(He probably didn't want another relegation dogfight and one sees his point of view...but little did he know..)

1 minute ago, midland_red said:

In principle, he has probably already decided re stay/go. We might get a clue from his body language at the last match. Anyone who saw Cambiasso's bow after scoring in the demolition of QPR to end the Great Escape knew that we wouldn't see him again.

(He probably didn't want another relegation dogfight and one sees his point of view...but little did he know..)

This second half of the season has gone so fast. Mad to think he might only have two matches to go with us. But yeah you are right, likewise with Mahrez you knew that was it. 

9 hours ago, Strokes said:

He won’t be coming here, Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal will all go for him. He won’t have gone unnoticed, it’s a pipe dream I’m afraid.

Tbh looking at Arsenal, where they are going as a club and even man for man in terms of the first 11 of the two clubs I wouldn't necessarily be choosing Arsenal over Leicester.

• Like 2

I think it's interesting that we haven't been linked with any other central midfielders. We've been linked with young strikers, goal scoring wingers and back-up full backs. All positions we are likely to need. But so far, we've not been linked with any central midfielders.

It's almost as if we don't need to recruit anyone in that position... :ph34r:

He’s signing for us it’s so bloody obvious, he’s already stated it’s about playing time for him. 

Yes, you could argue with the current form he’s in in terms of goals/assists he could play for the top four, however; he’s not gonna keep this up. Hence why we’ll get him and the big teams won’t as he won’t be worth the 40m gamble to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

He’s signing for us it’s so bloody obvious, he’s already stated it’s about playing time for him. 

Yes, you could argue with the current form he’s in in terms of goals/assists he could play for the top four, however; he’s not gonna keep this up. Hence why we’ll get him and the big teams won’t as he won’t be worth the 40m gamble to them.

Watching him celebrate his goal closely on Sunday has left me feeling very positive too. Also, I stopped for a few minutes post final whistle, he had the look of a guy really enjoying his football, team mates and our support. That smile :wub:

• Like 2

Why do I think that this is going to be a very long drawn out saga with us once again waiting eagerly for news from the club. There will be literally hundreds of stories of YT going here there and everywhere.

Batten down the hatches its going to be a rough ride but one thing is for sure. We have to get this guy on board, so its up to the club to give him an unbelivable deal. 40 million!. He is worth at least 60 in todays market. This guy is the real deal and could become one of europes top talents. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Midfielders like Tielemans are few and far between in terms of goals and assists. If we don't get him it could he that the emphasis is on finding two wide players who regularly bring 15-20 goal contributions a season and then a strong forward passer in the centre.

Kind of like a deep lying playmaker that Coutinho was at his start at Liverpool or maybe more like Miralem Pjanic? This positon always confuses me in the amount of goals that are expected.

I was in love with Coutinho before he started scoring goals. Is it distribution or goals? Hard to be an attacking midfielder and pull those slide rule passes. Maybe we should spend the money. If we have it.

Either way this is going to be a very hard position to fill if we don't get Tielemans. This is the person who controls the attack.

I'm pretty sure that the manager wouldn't be playing him if there wasn't some kind of indication that he wanted to stay. Brendan makes young players better players and Tielemans would benefit far more by staying than signing for a team like united where, and i don't know why, but young players there now don't seem to develop any further, look at rashford, he's no better now than he was a year ago, and lingaards gone downhill massively. For a team that's won the prem 21 times and had players like ronaldo and giggs, to end up with jesse lingaard as one of their main men is truly shocking.  

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

Kind of like a deep lying playmaker that Coutinho was at his start at Liverpool or maybe more like Miralem Pjanic? This positon always confuses me in the amount of goals that are expected.

I was in love with Coutinho before he started scoring goals. Is it distribution or goals? Hard to be an attacking midfielder and pull those slide rule passes. Maybe we should spend the money. If we have it.

Either way this is going to be a very hard position to fill if we don't get Tielemans. This is the person who controls the attack.

It is indeed confusing, the end goal is for the team to be provided with enough ammunition to score as many goals as possible. The beauty of Tielemans is he is playing in a number 8 role with Maddison and both look the sort to score and provide at least 15 each a season. You add that to Vardy who will score and assist around 25+ and then the need for both wingers to be bringing in combined figures like these 3 isn't as essential to perform at the level we are aspiring to be. However, if for example there's no Tielemans bringing those goal contributions from central midfield then they need to come from elsewhere, not to mention his ability to unlock defensive teams. He is unique in he is an all round midfielder providing defensive help, passing ability, creativity and scoring goals. He is a dream.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not many of those sort of wide players in football let alone in the Premiership. 

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Watching Ajax vs Tottenham as we speak if we don’t get Youri then Donny Van De Beek should be at the top of our list with regards to alternatives. Also only 22 years old. 

This Ajax team is special.

Exactly what I came to put!

• Like 1

He won’t go to Arsenal over us. I doubt Chelsea, Liverpool or Man City will go for him so that leaves Spurs and united.

Spurs - champions league football, great new stadium, a manager known for nurturing young talent.

United - one of the biggest clubs in the world historically, great stadium, the chance to be a key figure in their rebuilding process. 

It’s a tough ask if those two come calling. It's all about the impression we’ve made on him in the last few months... I know personally at work if I was offered the opportunity to move department, I would find it incredibly difficult because of the relationship I have with the people I work with on a day to day... and I don’t think that should be underestimated when it comes to Youri’s decision.

8 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Not many of those sort of wide players in football let alone in the Premiership. 

I agree with that. If our central players are getting those numbers it’s difficult for the wingers to get them too and vice versa.

With Chilwell and Ricardo though, it’d be fair to expect those numbers coming from the flanks rather than solely the wingers. 

• Like 1

I think a lot of this depends on player. 

I attended a talk recently, which was hosted by a former Sports Phycologist of Barcelona.

He spoke about what Barca looked for in players, which was basically humility. teamwork and work ethic. When they’d deferred away from this, they’d acquired some great players like Ronaldinho and Zlatan. However ultimately they’d been a nightmare and upset the Apple cart so to speak. Ultimately, Barca ended up getting shot of them, as they were massively disruptive to the club.

It was something crazy like each player has a given car to attend training in, so they’re all equal. Zlatan got dropped and turned up in a yellow Lamborghini. ? 

Real Madrid buy egos. They’re on the other end of the scale.

Anyhow, my point here, as a player, would you want to join a squad of egos like Manchester United, or a team, like Leicester, Tottenham or Liverpool.

I can’t see Tielmans going to Manchester United. Everything you read about him doesn’t fit with them. I’d be more worried if it was Liverpool or Tottenham interested. 

Think about it yourself, you get offered two jobs. 

1. £500,000 a year, place is full of knobheads and everything you do, no matter how hard you work, you’re always critiqued crazily. You know you’re not going to like certain people. It’s also in Manchester. 

2. £350,000 a year, you’ve been doing some temp work, so you already know the place. You really like the people and you feel really appreciated in the work you do. It’s in Leicester. 

Of the two jobs, we’ll all choose one over the other, ultimately, which one does Youri or any other player choose? 

16 minutes ago, Sly said:

I think a lot of this depends on player. 

I attended a talk recently, which was hosted by a former Sports Phycologist of Barcelona.

He spoke about what Barca looked for in players, which was basically humility. teamwork and work ethic. When they’d deferred away from this, they’d acquired some great players like Ronaldinho and Zlatan. However ultimately they’d been a nightmare and upset the Apple cart so to speak. Ultimately, Barca ended up getting shot of them, as they were massively disruptive to the club.

It was something crazy like each player has a given car to attend training in, so they’re all equal. Zlatan got dropped and turned up in a yellow Lamborghini. ? 

Real Madrid buy egos. They’re on the other end of the scale.

Anyhow, my point here, as a player, would you want to join a squad of egos like Manchester United, or a team, like Leicester, Tottenham or Liverpool.

I can’t see Tielmans going to Manchester United. Everything you read about him doesn’t fit with them. I’d be more worried if it was Liverpool or Tottenham interested. 

Think about it yourself, you get offered two jobs. 

1. £500,000 a year, place is full of knobheads and everything you do, no matter how hard you work, you’re always critiqued crazily. You know you’re not going to like certain people. It’s also in Manchester. 

2. £350,000 a year, you’ve been doing some temp work, so you already know the place. You really like the people and you feel really appreciated in the work you do. It’s in Leicester. 

Of the two jobs, we’ll all choose one over the other, ultimately, which one does Youri or any other player choose? 

I think Spurs is the main danger really as, assuming Ericksen does go, you already know exactly where he's going to slot in. Spurs really need to strengthen their overall squad though, so it could be they won't want to spend that much on just the one player. But over they past few years they have been team on the up, and it seems like a pretty nice team dynamic.

Not sure about whether Liverpool would be the best move for him or not considering what he is after. I know Milner will be off, but Klopp rotates his midfield more than anything else, so he might not get to play quite as much as he would like there. 

On 30/04/2019 at 02:08, Deeg67 said:

Yes, there has to be a Plan B. Tielemans is a wonder but he’s got plenty of suitors, and we need a creative 8 or box to box MF one way or the other.

You would have thought so but I thought that there would have been a plan for when Mahrez left, given the amount of time we had, yet we ended up with Ghezzal.

• Sad 1