Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scotch

Our back four.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Lloris is on Kasper's level IMO.

Was thinking when watching the Man City game how good it must be to have a keeper that can play as much as Ederson can. Honestly think he and Ter Stegen are the top two keepers in the world right now.

I'd say Lloris is Top 5 in the PL easily. His occasional blunders are exaggerated by the media because they're usually quite comical or highly televised, but he is an incredible shotstopper

Ricardo is brilliant and can't think of a much RB better in the league now. Maguire is solid usually but sometimes gets caught out of position and lacks recovery pace. Evans who's probably our best CB but even he has misplaced passes which led to goals at Burnley and West Ham (one wrongfully disallowed). Chilwell has done well but his final product is lacking sometimes.  Overall though they do a lot more right than they do wrong.

32 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Alderweireld, van Dijk, Gomez, Vertonghen, Rudiger, Laporte, Sànchez, Stones all walk into our centreback spots, and there's plenty of others who you could make cases for.

Fulbacks, I would take Robertson and Digne over Chilwell purely in terms of quality, but Chilwell is an academy product so I'd rather have him. I would not have anyone over Ricardo.

So there are five players you'd swap then? I excluded the top two because it's fairly obvious. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FIF said:

With the back 4 and cdm being so good our defensive record must mean we need to change Kasper :ph34r:

Are there any keepers in the top 6 that you wouldn't rather have?

You're talking like our defensive record is particularly bad. The top 4 have all conceded significantly less than us but apart from that.....  Wolves and Everton have let in 2 fewer and that's it. 

Would like it if we had a much more mobile centreback. Laporte, VVD, Rudiger, Gomez, Vertonghen, Alderweireldand Sanchez would get in over Maguire in my book.

We have great depth though for an upper mid table side

Just realises that’s pretty much exactly what Nico Barella said 

Edited by Stadt

Our back 4 was being discussed on soccer Saturday before the Chelsea game and Merson was saying how he would love our back 4 for arsenal and the others on the panel was in agreement with him in saying that at least 3 of the 4 would be highly sought after by various clubs, also said that Ricardo was one of the bargains of the season despite being brought for £22 million as he has probably at least tripled his price 

the only thing they didn’t agree on was merson reckoned if a club came in and offered £175 million for our entire back 4 we would accept prompting Jeff to say was it buy 2 get 2 free 

We have the best full backs in the league, there I said it. Trent Alexander-Arnold will be better then Pereira in time but I wouldn’t swap Kyle Walker for Pereira and definitely not Trippier or anyone of that ilk. There’s no left back better than Chilly right now, that’s why he’s linked with Man City.

Maguire needs an organiser next to him so it would need to be someone similar to Evans in order for the partnership to work. 

29 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Our back 4 was being discussed on soccer Saturday before the Chelsea game and Merson was saying how he would love our back 4 for arsenal and the others on the panel was in agreement with him in saying that at least 3 of the 4 would be highly sought after by various clubs, also said that Ricardo was one of the bargains of the season despite being brought for £22 million as he has probably at least tripled his price 

the only thing they didn’t agree on was merson reckoned if a club came in and offered £175 million for our entire back 4 we would accept prompting Jeff to say was it buy 2 get 2 free 

ricardo cant get into the Portugal squad !!!!!!  and pep would take Robertson over ben but he know he cant buy him. 

its a bit depressing how many seem content to allow our England centre half leave ……...

If Harry were to leave, we have to get Benko / Soyuncu up to speed in pre-season as we cannot rely on a 36 YO Wes as our number 1 pick alongside Evans.  So our back may look very good as it stands, but that can change fundamentally as the flash of a cheque-book.

BTW ; Paul Slurson talks absolute bollooks 99% of the time.

51 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

ricardo cant get into the Portugal squad !!!!!!  and pep would take Robertson over ben but he know he cant buy him. 

its a bit depressing how many seem content to allow our England centre half leave ……...

Who's this João Cancelo guy keeping Ricardo out of the team? Plays for Juventus? Meh :P

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Rather have Schmeichel over de Gea and Leno. de Gea's distribution is just not good enough for a possesion based team. Leno is inconsistent too, although he's a lot younger than Kasper so that could probably tip the scales in his favour.

Schmeichel over De Gea? Hahahahaha

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Rather have Schmeichel over de Gea and Leno. de Gea's distribution is just not good enough for a possesion based team. Leno is inconsistent too, although he's a lot younger than Kasper so that could probably tip the scales in his favour.

Kasper over De Gea ?

4 hours ago, PaulW said:

Some impressive names being bandied around in this thread.......but is there any complete back four that you swap en masse for ours?  (In the Prem.)

Only one in consideration is Liverpool - Man City would be with a better LB. That shows you how exciting this squad is going to be.

• Like 1

Schmeichel is part of our defensive team. 

And his distribution is often woeful and puts us needlessly on the back foot. 

It's one of the most baffling commentator's clichés when they praise Kasper's distribution, saying it's well known that Kasper takes a brilliant kick, yet every Leicester fan knows that it's almost certainly going straight out or to an opponent. 

I like our back four now. Will be interesting to see where Benkovic goes as I do think he's ready for the Premier League. A lot depends on Maguire I guess, if he goes, then it's a like for like but hopefully we can retain him and keep some solid options.

I imagine Big Wes will be phased out this season. Still a reliable back up as and when needed but more importantly still an influential part of the dressing room. Same goes for Fuchs.

Edited by TK95