Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
davieG

FA Cup set to be aired exclusively on free-to-air TV after new ITV deal

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

That's good. I dislike BT, their coverage, their pundits and commentators.

They spend more time reminding you of upcoming games than telling you what's happening during the game you're watching :blink:

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see. Just hope they can be a bit more reasoned between themselves about kick-off times and give the travelling fans some consideration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news. 

 

ITV's coverage is miles better than it used to be, too. 

 

Now just bring back the Champions League to free-to-air. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Great news. 

 

ITV's coverage is miles better than it used to be, too. 

 

Now just bring back the Champions League to free-to-air. 

Screw the Champions League, I am praying ITV will show Celtic's Reserves games live next season with Chris Sutton as key presenter.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see. Hopefully the final gets moved back to 3pm also.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tuna said:

That's good. I dislike BT, their coverage, their pundits and commentators.

 

Amen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tuna said:

That's good. I dislike BT, their coverage, their pundits and commentators.

Agree for the FA Cup but their champions league coverage is excellent IMO, especially in the group stages when all of the goals are shown as they go in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

Jeremy Kyle was paid so much they can afford half the fa cup once they sack him

He'll probably present it.

 

The draw will be from his envelopes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Corky said:

He'll probably present it.

 

The draw will be from his envelopes.

And 'Graham' as his studio assistant/backhander..

graygray_400x400.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Remember cup final day on grandstand? the road to wembley, following the coach from the hotel to the ground, the player pre match walk about etc...its weird but FA cup final day seemed much bigger than any title run in or any European cup final...how times have changed.

Cup Final day used to be our equivalent of the Super Bowl when every football fan tuned in to watch. The day Man Utd dropped out and it was sponsored was the day it started to lose its glamour.

 

Saint and Greavsie

Tony Gubba on the bus

FA cup Question of Sport special

Each teams song on Top of the Pops

 

Jumpers for goalposts.

Marvellous.

 

Edited by Izzy
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

And 'Graham' as his studio assistant/backhander..

 

He's not prepared to talk about the Jeremy Kyle show, even though that's the only reason anyone knows who the fuch he is.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Cup Final day used to be our equivalent of the Super Bowl when every football fan tuned in to watch. The day Man Utd dropped out and it was sponsored was the day it started to lose its glamour.

 

Saint and Greavsie

Tony Gunna on the bus

FA cup Question of Sport special

Each teams song on Top of the Pops

 

Jumpers for goalposts.

Marvellous.

 

Must have been a bit biased towards Arsenal...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Remember cup final day on grandstand? the road to wembley, following the coach from the hotel to the ground, the player pre match walk about etc...its weird but FA cup final day seemed much bigger than any title run in or any European cup final...how times have changed.

Live football being so rare played a part in that.The prize money was also a major financial bonus aswell.It could give a club a significant advantage in the transfer market.Now it just pays for Sanchez to plonk his arse on the bench for a couple of months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...