Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Rivals

Rivals  

452 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you consider to be our biggest rivals

6 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Anyone else find it hilarious that Forest and Derby still think they're bigger than us? Both have achieved nothing in decades and they sell their best players to the likes of Watford, Burnley and Middlesbrough.  

Used to be amusing. Now it’s sad. 

Like a famous actor that has faded into obscurity but still thinks they are somebody.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Anyone else find it hilarious that Forest and Derby still think they're bigger than us? Both have achieved nothing in decades and they sell their best players to the likes of Watford, Burnley and Middlesbrough.  

Had to laugh when that Derby fan said "when people are asked about the East Midlands all replies are Forest and Derby". Arghhhhhhh.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

Used to be amusing. Now it’s sad. 

Like a famous actor that has faded into obscurity but still thinks they are somebody.

The fa need to come up with a cup comp like I'm a celebrity get me out of here. 

The we used to be a great club now we are shite Cup? 

Sorry I forgot the sheep and the trees already have it lollol

Edited by sylofox

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Markyblue
4 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Nobody outside of the UK under the age of 40 know who Forest and Derby are. Massive. 

That is so true. Go abroad and everyone knows us for the greatest sports achievement ever and sadly vichais death. Forest are becoming a distant memory to people and they just don't know who derby are they honestly think horse race. Rivals nah.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

Forrest fans: We don't care about Leicester

Also Forrest fans:

1678931301_Screenshot2019-06-26at21_53_31.png.2e7e670102eb71da2a9c99d524257dae.png

Aside from anything else where the hell are Everton? How can you have Newcastle in a top 10 and not Everton lol

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Aside from anything else where the hell are Everton? How can you have Newcastle in a top 10 and not Everton lol

IMO Everton are a “greater” club than both Man City and Chelsea - definitely historically. 

I'm leaning towards agreeing that our rivalry with Forest and Derby is kind of irrelevant nowadays. It's been 5 seasons now since we were in the same league as either, and AFAIK we've only played either team once [ok technically twice] since (Derby in the cup + replay, 16-17 season). Geographically, it's as easy for us to get to the Birmingham clubs as it is to our East Mids foes either by train or the M69, and until their collapse at the same time as our rise this made for a pretty intense rivalry building with Coventry in lieu of those up the M1. Unless something dramatic changes soon, our future rivalries, as mentioned, lie with Wolves and maybe a resurgent Villa. Possibly Sheffield United if they stick around. I don't give much thrift to long-distance rivalries, so the Spurs thing is over for me, as much as I still think that fans from North London are absolute melts in general.

All that said, you can tell that our success over the past decade - not even just our Prem win, but the whole rise from League 1 - really irks the more diehard Rams and Trees. That's because we've gone from playing them on the regular, fighting for promotion, to getting that prize at their expense... then going on to acheive something that largely diminishes on their now ancient acheivements in the same division. Both can no longer claim with a straight face to be the "pride of the East Midlands" or the "most successful", and neither feature in the conscience of the average football fan anymore, save for the media obsession with Lampard momentarily putting Derby in the spotlight. We've really dented the pride of aspects of their fanbases with our silly little Title Win. :ph34r:

That said, for some reason I don't particularly dislike Derby, unless we're playing them. If anything, it amuses me that even as perennial failures at the business end of the Championship season, Forest are still undeniably in their shadow and have been for 20-odd years.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

I'm leaning towards agreeing that our rivalry with Forest and Derby is kind of irrelevant nowadays. It's been 5 seasons now since we were in the same league as either, and AFAIK we've only played either team once [ok technically twice] since (Derby in the cup + replay, 16-17 season). Geographically, it's as easy for us to get to the Birmingham clubs as it is to our East Mids foes either by train or the M69, and until their collapse at the same time as our rise this made for a pretty intense rivalry building with Coventry in lieu of those up the M1. Unless something dramatic changes soon, our future rivalries, as mentioned, lie with Wolves and maybe a resurgent Villa. Possibly Sheffield United if they stick around. I don't give much thrift to long-distance rivalries, so the Spurs thing is over for me, as much as I still think that fans from North London are absolute melts in general.

All that said, you can tell that our success over the past decade - not even just our Prem win, but the whole rise from League 1 - really irks the more diehard Rams and Trees. That's because we've gone from playing them on the regular, fighting for promotion, to getting that prize at their expense... then going on to acheive something that largely diminishes on their now ancient acheivements in the same division. Both can no longer claim with a straight face to be the "pride of the East Midlands" or the "most successful", and neither feature in the conscience of the average football fan anymore, save for the media obsession with Lampard momentarily putting Derby in the spotlight. We've really dented the pride of aspects of their fanbases with our silly little Title Win. :ph34r:

That said, for some reason I don't particularly dislike Derby, unless we're playing them. If anything, it amuses me that even as perennial failures at the business end of the Championship season, Forest are still undeniably in their shadow and have been for 20-odd years.

Do you think Portsmouth and Southampton is an irrelevant Derby because they haven’t played each other in a while? Or West Ham and Millwall? 

9 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Great post, couldn't agree more 

Edited by CyprusFox