Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Rivals

Rivals  

452 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you consider to be our biggest rivals

2 minutes ago, kmoson said:

Interesting to see the % if "don't consider us to have any rivals" was an option 

It isn’t true though. Even if we aren’t Forest or Derby’s primary rivals there’s still needle in the games. There was more edge in the FA cup game at Pride Park than anywhere away game I’ve been to (not that many tbf, 15 or so).

I think depending on the area of Leicester you grew up in can have an impact of who you find is our biggest rival. We're in a weird position where we're not excessively close or far away from a handful of teams and as such we don't have that "bitter rivals" 

Derby have Forest 

Brum have Villa and WBA and Wolves 

I voted for Cov given I always found those game more amusing and the biggest rivalry. 

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

It isn’t true though. Even if we aren’t Forest or Derby’s primary rivals there’s still needle in the games. There was more edge in the FA cup game at Pride Park than anywhere away game I’ve been to (not that many tbf, 15 or so).

I guess it's personal opinion though. If you ask me I honestly don't regard any team to be our rival - so I'm just wondering how many other people would think the same. 

17 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Problem with seeing forrest as our biggest rival us that they focus on derby.  Surely we what a reciprocal relationship with a rival?

Ooh, love me, pathetic 

Being honest though it doesn't bother me we don't have "main" rivals. When you see Sheffield United promoted and the first things their fans want to do is take the piss out of Wednesday. Not for me. I couldn't do with the first objective of the season is ensuring you finish above your City rivals.

Edited by Fox92

7 hours ago, murphy said:

Speaking for myself, disliking Forest and Derby doesn't really take up a whole lot of my time.

I think you're missing out on part of the whole football fan experience.  It's just pantomime anyway.

I take your points, and you clearly are able to draw the line. Many aren't, and that's why I cannot be doing with it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

If you look at the stats for derbies like Millwall-West Ham or Portsmouth-Southampton etc, they've actually played each other relatively rarely during their histories. Just makes it even spicier when they do play.

We're actually at a point where traditionally close rivalries are drifting as far apart as ever. Leicester- Coventry, Southampton- Portsmouth, Norwich- Ipswich and, for this season at least, Newcastle- Sunderland are all two divisions apart.

10 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Forest.

It's in my DNA as a City fan to despise them. A seething, bitter, foul, malevolent hatred of them, the ground, the colour, their ex players and of course their repugnant fans. 

Every time some forest cu nt tells me they don't hate us, and that they prefer their wa nkathon with Derby, I reply that I don't seek their vitriol back. It's all one way. It defines me to wish them nothing but ill. That they go bust, records expunged from history and we never ever have to play the red filth again.

I think that about sums my thoughts up. 

Pretty much sums up what I was thinking.

I don't care whether they say they hate us or not.   I'm not bothered what they think.   I just despise them, and hope they lose every match.

• Like 4

On 15/05/2019 at 20:33, StanSP said:

Forest. Even then it's barely a rivalry though.

The 'rivalry' with Spurs is a bit misguided. It's more towards the 'banter' (hate that word). 

Wouldn't call it a rivalry at all with Spurs actually. They don't hate us like they hate Arsenal (a proper rivalry). Majority of Spurs fans I know can look back on 15/16 season and be happy for us and realise they were never really in the title race for the last couple of months of that season. Annoys me seeing so many fans get worked up when Spurs do anything good or bad.

Banter? I ****ing hate the twats

• Like 1

genuinely close to forgetting forest exist. couldn’t tell you who plays for them, only know their manager cos it’s MON, wouldn’t be able to tell you any of their results for about the last 5 years. 

used to really enjoy them losing but i think their main rivalry is with themselves these days and long may it continue. 

Personally. I want Derby and Forest back in the same league as us.   It was always  the games I looked forward too.  Cov away was always special too.

However, IMO forest were the ones that I was desperate to beat and celebrate it.   Happy times they were.....

• Like 1

Definitely Coventry.

Would say Derby and Forest are 'outsider' rivals - with the likes of Aston Villa, Birmingham, West Brom.

However, actually think Stoke City could be considered as a midland rival after what happened at their place in May 2008..

57 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Definitely Coventry.

Would say Derby and Forest are 'outsider' rivals - with the likes of Aston Villa, Birmingham, West Brom.

However, actually think Stoke City could be considered as a midland rival after what happened at their place in May 2008..

You’re saying Forest and Derby are as much rivals as West Brom are to us?