Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Rivals

Rivals  

452 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you consider to be our biggest rivals

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Forest and Derby, though I'm glad neither consider us important enough to be involved tin their pathetic love-in. Weirdest derby in the country.

Quite cute really how they both pretend not to care too. Their actions whenever we turn up in either city suggest different...

The walk back to the car after Clive Clarke's misfortune told me all I need to know about how Forest feel about games against us.

• Like 1

I’ve always thought Coventry should be our rivals, we’re the only teams without a proper rivalry, and we’re the closest to each other. But sadly we think it’s Forest/Derby who only have eyes for each other, and they thinks it’s Villa for them who only care about Birmingham City.

We’re a lost rivalry made in heaven... 

I've always thought our games with Forest and Derby are good for the banter and a chance to bring out some of the old songs. 

The games with Coventry however have a nasty feel about them. So the answers Coventry. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

I presume anyone voting for anyone other than Derby, Forest or Cov - depending which side of the county you’re from - has only been supporting us since we won the league!! I mean Spurs? Wolves? Watford??? How can they be our rivals??

I've been a supporter since the mid-90s, and I can't say I really see Derby, Forest or Cov as rivals right now. They're all light years behind us, and I think it will be a long time before any of them are on the same level as us again.

We're battling with Wolves and Watford for the same position in the league, and beat Spurs to the title. That's why I'd say they're more our rivals than the most local ones.

56 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think for a rivalry to happen both teams most hate each other equally. Problem is when Forest and Derby fans are asked Leicester they both say "Don't care, not bothered... we only hate (Forest) or Derby" The only the club I think off that consistently hate us is Coventry. So for me it's Coventry.

They like saying that however whenever we play them it certainly doesn't feel that way

We have and have always been in a position where we don't have any 'real' rivals. Forest and Derby don't like us despite what they say, but that's just geographics. We have a bit of recent history with Spurs and Arsenal due to the title run and that selfie respectively, but they don't care about that nearly as much as we seem to think they do.

Celtic hate us right now over BR, but that was unavoidable. Some people have mentioned something called Coventry, but I don't know what that is so I can't comment.

Fact is, we dont have a rival and we never have. Who gives a ****, we won the league.

Edited by z-layrex

2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

If Forest/Derby played EPL then sure, but since we are no longer in the same league, then my vote would be Wolves. 

I just don't feel it.

Maybe it's because I don't live in the midlands, but for me Wolves are a great team.

For me a real club rivalry transcends just where you live as a fan.

Edited by z-layrex

5 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I just don't feel it.

Maybe it's because I don't live in the midlands, but for me Wolves are a great team.

I actually dont know if you are being sarcastic here :P .. I was looking at 'rivals' in the perspective of challenging for top 6/7th spot etc similar to us ...

I dont dislike Wolves at all, but they are a Midlands club that are on the same level as us so for me that constitutes as a rival. Again i maybe have misconstrued the actual poll :S 

Edited by Suzie the Fox

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

I've been a supporter since the mid-90s, and I can't say I really see Derby, Forest or Cov as rivals right now. They're all light years behind us, and I think it will be a long time before any of them are on the same level as us again.

We're battling with Wolves and Watford for the same position in the league, and beat Spurs to the title. That's why I'd say they're more our rivals than the most local ones.

In my early days, it was always Derby, because we just never played Forest, plus they were local, a bit richer than us and were generally close to us in the table. 

But frankly, if either of them would pull the finger out and get promoted, I’d be thrilled to play them. And they are a rivalry because whenever we play, a loss is more devastating than it would be in a normal game. Doesn’t matter if we’re 100 league positions apart, I never want to lose to the bastards. I hope they come up, hand us six points and go straight back down...

• Like 4

Voted Derby.  I don't like them but really I couldn't call them rivals because I never give them a second thought except for the traditional smirk of schadenfreude every year when they fail in the play offs.  Lets hope they do it again this year.  I don't miss them and I don't want them stinking out the premier league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

In my early days, it was always Derby, because we just never played Forest, plus they were local, a bit richer than us and were generally close to us in the table. 

But frankly, if either of them would pull the finger out and get promoted, I’d be thrilled to play them. And they are a rivalry because whenever we play, a loss is more devastating than it would be in a normal game. Doesn’t matter if we’re 100 league positions apart, I never want to lose to the bastards. I hope they come up, hand us six points and go straight back down... 

You're right - games against Derby, Forest or Cov mean more than any run-of-the-mill game. It will be good to wipe the floor with one of them if we get to play them soon.

As someone else said, I think it depends on how you define rivals. Local rivals, yes, but they haven't been competing with us for quite a long time now, so it's not a fair fight. I can't say I feel much about any of them other than pity.

• Like 1

Next year will be my 58th season supporting the lads. Even when I was a nutter on the Kop, I never really considered anybody our rivals. Maybe for a few years Cov or Forest, but basically nobody stayed the pace. 

We don't need rivals, or if we do, need to look at the bigger picture. I hope in the years to come we consider Man City / Liverpool our main rivals. Let's move away from parochial hang ups, hopefully we are now on and will stay on a bigger stage. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

That doesn’t make them rivals, just opponents that we’re trying to beat in the league.  Being rivals is something much much more, it’s something that’s been there since before we were even born. I can’t wait to face Cov again or even Forest or Derby. The atmosphere for those games especially away is always so much better than anything else.