Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DannyN83

Twitter Transfer Rumours

2 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Messaged him directly asking about latest transfer wheelings and dealings. Responded with the latest info and also said that wouldn't be posting here again, apparently needs to check the legitimacy of his source. But needn't have, seems to be one of the more reliable posters/ITKs.

Thank you for this. Let me understand better - is he checking the legitimacy of his source because he fears he's been sold a pup, or because 'someone' told him to before posting any more info?

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

@LinekersApples is one of the good guys.

Gets to hear some news now and again, offers insight, doesn't take this place too seriously.

Shame if he's not posting again.

I hope he’s just put off by some stuff he’s been told rather than anyone on here being a kn*b towards him? No need for it although I haven’t seen anything specifically...??

3 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

I hope he’s just put off by some stuff he’s been told rather than anyone on here being a kn*b towards him? No need for it although I haven’t seen anything specifically...??

Am I missing something here?!?

has someone been sending him death threats over his pegs and tents and thunderstorms comments lol

Edited by les-tah

22 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

He's made it clear that he won't be posting on here for some time and it's a shame. ITKs won't get it right all the time, but surely have some sort of credibility to be labelled an ITK in the first place (unless they just regurgitate old news from other sources).

Well that’s a really big shame. I hope it isn’t to do with people on here giving him shit? (Even though I haven’t seen anything like that towards him)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Indy Kalia and the like have got hundreds of thousands of followers doing it and many think they actually have sources.

I don’t know what ‘apples has said in the past, but he’s not said anything concrete and not said anything we didn’t already know or been said elsewhere this summer.

Who knows... frankly I’ve given up caring because you can be wrong over and over again on here (hello ‘fin) and people will ignore it and insist they are ITK and are grateful of them sharing. So it’s a losing battle.

It's a losing battle trying to diss anyone ITK? Why are you bothered by it? If someone has info let them share, it's why most of us come here - you don't have to be the Truth / ITK Police on behalf of the forum

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

Same, I just seen some lighthearted jokes that he started 

Maybe he’s been warned not to talk about transfer stuff by his ‘sources’?

You’d be surprised who reads these forums.

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Indy Kalia and the like have got hundreds of thousands of followers doing it and many think they actually have sources.

I don’t know what ‘apples has said in the past, but he’s not said anything concrete and not said anything we didn’t already know or been said elsewhere this summer.

Who knows... frankly I’ve given up caring because you can be wrong over and over again on here (hello ‘fin) and people will ignore it and insist they are ITK and are grateful of them sharing. So it’s a losing battle.

I love a cheeky wind up of themightyfin :ph34r:  #notobullying

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

This convo has gone off track a little... can we bring it back to whether we're signing Coutinho please.

I’d heard we’d been offered a player by PSG #NotITK

Just now, 5waller5 said:

It's a losing battle trying to diss anyone ITK? Why are you bothered by it? If someone has info let them share, it's why most of us come here - you don't have to be the Truth / ITK Police on behalf of the forum

I don’t care, I literally just said I’ve given up caring. 

But it used to piss me off seeing people being led up a garden path, because mostly it’s not actually “info”, it’s just blatantly made up or copied from twitter and people pass it off as their own. It’s a boring routine fallen for by fools.

5 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

It wouldn’t surprise with what I’ve been told today by others that have 

7 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Fairly sure his sources would have been fine with him talking about storms coming or whatever the hell it was he kept saying lol

10 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Agreed, seems a bit strange to continually look to denigrate the "ITK's". Just take or leave the information that gets posted.

Of course they are going to get (a lot of) stuff "wrong" if your definition of "wrong" is that an initial tidbit of information doesn't end up resulting in the player being signed. Else there is no point of them as we may as well just wait for John Percy to confirm everything.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I admit I'm not very savvy when it comes to digging out the rumours and finding accurate info, so spare me if I say something out of turn or just plain stupid. But pages like Indy Kalia and LCFC HQ are notorious for reposting old news, or reshaping it so it becomes vaguely relevant to any of today's transfer activity. That's how those sort of ITKs survive.

SeanfromEnderby with his self-titled #NeverWrong reputation is another one, whether he is a legitimate ITK (he said he got a call from his "source" this evening on the Twittersphere) remains to be seen. Whereas people hang onto words from John Percy's Telegraph posts as these seem to have more of an official look to them. More definitive. Unlike your SSN speculative entries where they "understand" according to their sources, which are more wrong than not these days.

Suppose an ITK is just built on a positive, accurate reputation, but doesn't take themselves too seriously either. @LinekersApples was clearly one that was more respected on here than not.

• Like 2