Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

1 hour ago, CityIsBlue said:

A side 3rd in the Premier League should not be reliant on a player who has spend 1 year in League 1 and half a season in the Championship.

True but it says a lot that he’s our most productive winger even though he’s underperformed compared to when he came back from his loan spell. His directness makes things happen, Gray is direct but it doesn’t effect us positively because he hasn’t a football brain. Pérez looks like he’s never played the position before every week, and is slow and weak. Albrighton is no longer effective apart from the odd game on the left.

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Was much better today, probably his best ever game for us. I only wish he'd try to take on the full back more often, rather than passing back to the LB constantly. Still, more games like this and he'll cement himself as a regular in the starting 11.

I'm almost certain that our wingers are under instruction to play the ball backwards constantly and it's what Chilwell was ribbed about last week. 

A lack of directness and bravery is starting to cost us.

12 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

I'm almost certain that our wingers are under instruction to play the ball backwards constantly and it's what Chilwell was ribbed about last week. 

A lack of directness and bravery is starting to cost us.

I think they are, but it's weird because Ricardo goes past his man often. It's probably a mixture of Barnes trying to play it safe and our tactics. Either way something needs to change ASAP.

27 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Was much better today, probably his best ever game for us. I only wish he'd try to take on the full back more often, rather than passing back to the LB constantly. Still, more games like this and he'll cement himself as a regular in the starting 11.

They doubled up on him every time.

I am not sure he is going to be the player we hoped he would, he shows in patches that he is a very good player. 
when I watch him he seems terrified to make a mistake, he needs to show a bit more aggression both in attacking  and defending. 
I do like him and would love it if he makes it here. Get him in the gym strength and conditioning & stamina work. 

Its his 1st season in the PL effectively. He aint doing bad. Ronaldo he is not, but thats once in 20 years. He should be able to be coached /gain experience to become a very good player. I remember when Ndidi first came in. He didnt look to be any world beater. Now hes the heartbeat and probably the only player in our team whod get into  any side in the league.

14 hours ago, filbertway said:

Player of the match and people still putting him down. The state of some of you lot, embarassing.

I was selected to be one of the shepherds in the Nativity when I was five. It helped that I had a lamb that went ‘baa’ when you rocked it. A toy lamb not a real one, my parents weren’t that mad. My lamb was awesome. 

The big day came and I suffered from a wardrobe malfunction. A bright teacher sorted it out with a pin. 

It was my time to shine. I strode out into the lights, in front of the hundred or so families - the pin came loose, my trousers fell to the floor as though I was in training to become a Leicester mayor. 

They laughed, I cried - but it’s still not as embarrassing as our idiotic fans in this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, LestaAl said:

Had a much better game today but still below the level a top 6 club should consider. For his own good we should aim to try and move him on for a reasonable number.

Just out of curiosity, who in your opinion what players currently in the EPL are top 6 level wingers? 

14 hours ago, LestaAl said:

He has 3 goal, 7 assists  and a cross accuracy of 1 in 8 .  They’re the numbers,  not sure it’s the whole story.
I just feel we need more from a left winger. Do accept he seems to play better with Fuchs but let’s not get into the debate about Chilly.

Has he got 7 assists? I thought it was less than that, but if that's correct then over the course of the season he could finish on 5 goals and 12 assists. Marc Albrighton would trade his PL medal in for those sorts of figures in a season, Christ when we won it he got half that.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Has he got 7 assists? I thought it was less than that, but if that's correct then over the course of the season he could finish on 5 goals and 12 assists. Marc Albrighton would trade his PL medal in for those sorts of figures in a season, Christ when we won it he got half that.

3 goals 7 assists are since he came back from WBA, which is still decent for his first year in the Prem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

3 goals 7 assists are since he came back from WBA, which is still decent for his first year in the Prem.

That makes sense. He's got 2 goals and 1 in the cup this season and 5 assists. Nothing special but he's doing ok. Perez numbers don't look that bad either but when you take out that Southampton game and consider he hasn't scored and only provided 1 assist at home all season it shows a potential weakness of ours. I am usually a stats man for attacking players but sometimes players could have fairly ordinary goals and assists but be an integral part of the good things that a team does and it feels we don't have that from our wingers, so much is relied upon the sheer brilliance of Maddison, Ricardo and Vardy. Tielemans was one to rely upon but he has gone AWOL.

13 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

He was our most dangerous player yesterday, they doubled up on him in the second half which meant he couldn’t be quite as effective. Hopefully the goal sees him kick on.

Agreed, that's now 2 goals in his last 3 starts in all competitions. If he can follow up yesterdays goal with another in the next few games then suddenly he might just become accustomed to regularly scoring, like he had no bother with at every other level he has played. He definitely has huge potential, I can't help but feel Fuchs behind him helps. A conundrum for Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed, that's now 2 goals in his last 3 starts in all competitions. If he can follow up yesterdays goal with another in the next few games then suddenly he might just become accustomed to regularly scoring, like he had no bother with at every other level he has played. He definitely has huge potential, I can't help but feel Fuchs behind him helps. A conundrum for Rodgers.

I genuinely think he has been our best wide option this season, he had a few shockers against Man City, Liverpool and then a couple after but that shouldn’t be the yardstick for a young players ability.

He looks a genuine threat when he’s on his game, direct and causes no end of issues.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

he had a few shockers against Man City, Liverpool

He still got an assist and should have got an penalty when he was taken out against Man City, against Liverpool it was the start of playing him on the right for a few games which was ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Mark said:

He still got an assist and should have got an penalty when he was taken out against Man City, against Liverpool it was the start of playing him on the right for a few games which was ridiculous.

Fair point, it was probably more Liverpool than that.

If he could get the hang of cutting in from the left and not hitting every shot straight at the goal keeper then he'd soon start to rack up the goals. Yesterday he had 2 other half chances from the left and both were too close to the goalkeeper. His 3 league goals all have come from him shooting from the right side of the goal, i'd be having him work day in, day out at shooting from cutting in.

• Like 1