Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

I thought he was superb last night. Direct, pact and a threat all night. When he knocked the ball past Zabaleta giving him a 10 yard head start and only got stopped by another defender he looked electric. 

3 goals since the turn of the year, more of the same on Saturday please Harvey!

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

The year is 2947383 and we are still sat here talking about Dimi Grays potential

Well he hasn’t been shoved out the door and it doesn’t appear likely he’s going to be, so clearly Rodgers sees something in him.

How many thought Nacho would turn things around like he has?

1 minute ago, Dan Gliballs said:

Well he hasn’t been shoved out the door and it doesn’t appear likely he’s going to be, so clearly Rodgers sees something in him.

What evidence is there that Rodgers sees anything in him? He gets a kick when we're desperate. 

He'll be out the door as soon as we can sign better. 

32 minutes ago, Dan Gliballs said:

Rodgers has managed to turn Iheanacho around spectacularly whilst Gray has seen little improvement under him. Don't think that's a great comparison.

Made up for Barnes. His positioning, run and eventual tap in for the first were fantastic. While he builds his confidence and gets into the habit of scoring his team mates will trust him more and anticipate his linkup play.

Before now he seemed the outsider. But at West Brom he was integral to their plays and shined because of it. The more the team integrate him into our attacks, and the more he himself improves and builds confidence I’m confident he’ll start to become the player we hoped for.

• Like 1

Absolutely delighted for him. Watched him for years. He'll be so made up by the ovation he got when leaving the pitch.

Humble sort of lad and sometimes his past play/ 1-2s  has been on a different level and not read.

Played last night as he did for West Brom, best square on goal. Been a few games where he hasn't made the impact he'd have like but he's only 22!

Very intelligent player that hopefully has turned the same corner Vardy, Mahrez and many others have

Keep going lad. You'll have plenty of "fans" that want to write you off and point out your every mistake and weakness. Young lads will have ups and downs. They'll only improve by playing and good coaching.

Half the people on here would be proper Pulis managers. Team of grafters that'll give you 10/10 for work rate and 4/10 for actual football ability. Fair play if that's what gets you going.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Langston said:

If Gray isn't going to kick up a fuss about staying here as a squad player, we could do loads worse - he's fine in that role. I just don't think his ceiling is anywhere near that of Barnes.

4th/5th choice winger is fine tbh. Just wouldn't want to lose him on a free when we could probably 5x our money on him at least if we sold him.

Up until recently he showed glimpses of his potential but last night felt like he properly bossed the show.

It seemed for most of the season he was like the fella who was ahead in the school race sprints but ran before the gun went off.

Best performance of the season by a long way. He will hit speed bumps before the end of the season but hopefully he's got the boost needed to take his game further.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

The idea of building a squad is it gives decent options, allows rotation and even allows players a little time off where necessary (as I think might be the case with Praet). 

One size does not fit every match , picking the right eleven to start a match is one of the main atributes of a successful manager at the top level. We have two or three key players but we should not think that any of the other squad members are fixtures in the team , we should expect them to slot in and do their job. For instance , Choudury, Albrighton , Mendy , Benkovic should be quite capable of coming in when required without weakening the team. I would expect most of our squad players to figure in the next three months.

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

One size does not fit every match , picking the right eleven to start a match is one of the main atributes of a successful manager at the top level. We have two or three key players but we should not think that any of the other squad members are fixtures in the team , we should expect them to slot in and do their job. For instance , Choudury, Albrighton , Mendy , Benkovic should be quite capable of coming in when required without weakening the team. I would expect most of our squad players to figure in the next three months.

I quite agree, you've essentially extrapolated on my post. I posted originally to make the point that it's a good situation to be in rather than a problem. It needs careful management, however. 

16 hours ago, jaylcfc94 said:

Not really. 20 awful games and 1 good half 

You would be better served to get behind all of our players and the team, as we all should. I'm not against constructive criticism when deserved as most players are likely to under perform from time to time. IMO the stick you have given to Barnes has been completely unwarranted and has not been constructive at all. 

Barnes is a young player (as are quite a few of our squad) who has great potential and he will improve and is improving with experience. I trust Brendan to know if he is at the required level to be picked for the team.

• Like 4

Catching up on the last few pages of this thread is hilarious. Mid table championship player, he'll never make it with us etc etc, what utter, utter guff, the lad is class and will only get better, it's not like he's wildly lacking in any area he just needs to iron out and improve on a few and you're looking at a sustained future England international.

• Like 1

Most impressive thing about his performance last night given how positionally and physically weak he has seemed? His interceptions and tracking back to make blocks. We were under the cosh after their penalty and he made 2 great contributions in keeping them at bay, that is pleasing to see for a player who is still finding his way in a role that was never a natural position for him. 

He has a shit load of potential does Harvey, his speed has increased no end as well. I get confused with him and Vardy at times when running on to balls.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Most impressive thing about his performance last night given how positionally and physically weak he has seemed? His interceptions and tracking back to make blocks. We were under the cosh after their penalty and he made 2 great contributions in keeping them at bay, that is pleasing to see for a player who is still finding his way in a role that was never a natural position for him. 

He has a shit load of potential does Harvey, his speed has increased no end as well. I get confused with him and Vardy at times when running on to balls.

Haha not just me then! 

• Haha 1