Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

As the posters above me said, we just can't afford to carry passengers. Yet we've been doing that for weeks. I understand that managers get attached to their favourite players but picking Barnes for the starting 11 when his confidence is shot and he so obviously struggles will make matters even worse for him and the team.

The same goes for every out of form player, Chilwell, Perez, or anyone else (like Tielers recently) who's having a dip. From the start of the season we were able to carry 1 or 2 'dippers', namely Barnes and Perez, because the other players played well. Now that some of the others aren't playing well anymore, we have to make sacrifices and bench those who are dragging the team down the most (and who can be benched without losing the spine of the team).

he looked absolutely terrified in the second half. i think i would’ve genuinely swapped wings just to get him away from our away fans. he won a throw in at one stage and instead of offering an option he just sprinted as far away from our fans all calling him a cu nt for getting tackled. 

his goal was great. the move for the pen was great. he still looks like he could do so much more though, if he wasn’t so scared of the ball, the defence and everyone watching. 

• Like 2

I like him and I’m glad he got a goal but he really should be the 4th choice winger for a side in our position. Play the cup games, good option off the bench. Asking him to play week in week out seems to be almost having a negative impact overall and his confidence drains. 

But as it is he is still sort of the best option we have if we play with wingers. 

1 hour ago, Mark said:

lol incredible 

The point made is a pretty accurate one though.

A side 3rd in the Premier League should not be reliant on a player who has spend 1 year in League 1 and half a season in the Championship.

As well as Daniel James has done at Manchester United this season, the point has been made there too. 

My concern is that we have not learnt from Demarai Gray.

Overplaying youngsters, who are low on confidence and offering no end product, is not beneficial long term.

He was excellent today, but his performances of late have been evidently low on confidence and he has needed a break.

Look how long it has taken Rashford to maintain any consistent form.

Again, a result of too much pressure put on a player because his performances when first breaking into the squad were promising......But the reality is that he's not of the quality yet where his performances are consistently good enough.

Unfortunately, in a sense, Albrighton offers less goal threat than Kasper, so Barnes won't be getting a rest any time soon unless we change the system.

3 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

Had a much better game today but still below the level a top 6 club should consider. For his own good we should aim to try and move him on for a reasonable number.

Have you looked at his stats of created and scored goals this season? I would have before posting😙

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Have you looked at his stats of created and scored goals this season? I would have before posting😙

A regular wide player of a CL club has to contribute those stats as a minimum surely ????

barnes is capable of more .....I expect that’s what frustrates folk 

He has 3 goal, 7 assists  and a cross accuracy of 1 in 8 .  They’re the numbers,  not sure it’s the whole story.
I just feel we need more from a left winger. Do accept he seems to play better with Fuchs but let’s not get into the debate about Chilly.

Edited by LestaAl

1 minute ago, LestaAl said:

He has 3 goal, 7 assists  and a cross accuracy of 1 in 8 .  They’re the numbers,  not sure it’s the whole story.
I just feel we need more from a left winger.

They're not terrible stats (the first two at least!) are they. given the minutes he's played?

What's Maddison's assist/goal rate per minute? Or Perez's? Maybe both are far better, I don't know, but I'd be surprised if there were such a gulf.