Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

A confident Barnes is amazing to watch. Everytime he gets the ball you think something could happen. He tried a couple of dummies that didnt work out but were well worth trying. I think we all know he's capable of these performances, ive said for about 12 months that he just needed a goal off his backside and he'd start flying... It wasnt his backside but a lucky deflection against wigan and you can see the lift its given him. 

47 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I don't know how confident you were when you discovered wanking, but I was disgusted and ashamed with myself for about three days 

Three days? I've been disgusted and ashamed with myself ever since. 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, eblair said:

Marc Albrighton the literal winger when we won the league = dire trouble

this website man

Gordon Banks the literal keeper when we (England) won the World cup......

We would be in dire trouble now if we had to put him in net for the next month.

Albrighton scores less than 2 goals a season, if we're relying on him to help fire us to top 4 as part of a front 3 then yes, we would be in 'dire trouble'.

Maybe Rodgers is wrong in thinking the same, but i'm rather glad he takes my stand point and never plays him.

Because like me, he realizes he offers nothing.

Just to point out, Perez, who's been learning a new position all season, is 3 goals away from having the same number of goals that Albrighton has had in 6 seasons for us......:crylaugh:

Comes as no surprise to me that removing Albrighton from the side has been one of the greatest reasons we have seen us elevate from our position as mid table strugglers.

Looking very good recently, he always creates so many chances with his direct running with the ball. Add an end product and he is easily capable of 10 goals and assists a season. 

As with most of the team below par over christmas, but has a lot of potential. Traore at Wolves was poor for a few years now one of the best wingers in the league arguably. Barnes has potential to do very well too. 

17 hours ago, Dorkingfox said:

Parez 7 goals 5 assists, Barnes 3 goals 6 assists, why would Albrighton play?

Have to agree, as much as i like Albrighton and how useful he is. Its all about who can provide the assists and goals, especailly if we want to remain top4 contenders for the seasons coming, As painful as it is.. If this recent transfer rumour for this left winger actually happens, i can see them loaning out Marc next summer.. 

He currently stands at:

0 Goals 1 Assist.. top 4 teams cant survive with these stats mid season..

Edited by Simoken

19 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I don't know how confident you were when you discovered wanking, but I was disgusted and ashamed with myself for about three days 

All I can remember thinking is 'Wow! This beats making model aeroplanes!'

20 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Seen and heard a couple of comments about him pinching Riccy's goal for our first - seemed to me like the cross-shot was going wide and he had to make contact? 

Yeah, that's what I thought.  

Anyway, he repaid the compliment, teeing Ricardo up with a great threaded assist.

• Like 1

On 23/01/2020 at 16:32, sacreblueits442 said:

.. had a few good moments tonight!! 

He seems bedeviled to do the right thing and that is not helping his progression. 

Just like Vardy in his first season he was looking to play the right ball even though his team mates were not reading it. For Barnes a player making a run on the outside (Chilwell) does not mean who have to lay it off to him, even when clearly you have a better route to goal. He had that break away chance in the first half when he pushed the ball forward to create a foot race and you could see he never believed he would get there. 

He seems to be playing against himself and not trusting his instincts. 

Like Vardy struggled I worry if he will fall into the same trap as he needs to be himself but from his demeanour on the pitch he may not have the personality to be what he potentially could be. 

Good observation. I wonder though if it is because of a desire to fit in - to not be branded selfish and not be shouted at by Chilwell constantly, like the little brother under the shadow of his bigger brother. This is why he seemed to play better without Chilwell. Anyway, if he can get away from that, whatever it is that holds him back, he can get very far.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

Barnsy is definitely learning on the job and will get better and better. Some of it is down to maturity too which will affect his decision making. He has all the capability in the world it’s how he uses it. He’s surrounded by good experienced pros and a great manager. Now go bang in those goals lad!

His confidence at times it weak and his decision making regarding when to take a player on, pass or even help Chilwell out can make you pull your hair out but we all know he has serious ability and in the last couple of games looks like he is starting to feel like he belongs. For me, we keep playing the kid as he has all the attributes to be the 10-15 goal wide man we are desperate for.

We might be seeing Barnes up front tomorrow again?

Perez as a striker?

And Harvey as well. That was the idea of looking at that against Wigan.

Ayo is comfortable when he comes inside. He can play in that position.

Iheanacho in contention for FA Cup?
Kels has been brilliant. He’s worked hard in training and he’s taken that into games.

He’s been class.

On 24/01/2020 at 18:58, StriderHiryu said:

We might be seeing Barnes up front tomorrow again?

Perez as a striker?

And Harvey as well. That was the idea of looking at that against Wigan.

Ayo is comfortable when he comes inside. He can play in that position.

Iheanacho in contention for FA Cup?
Kels has been brilliant. He’s worked hard in training and he’s taken that into games.

He’s been class.

Would much prefer iheanacho in the middle and Barnes and Perez cutting in. Looked so good vs West Ham

13 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Would much prefer iheanacho in the middle and Barnes and Perez cutting in. Looked so good vs West Ham

Well that’s what we’ll be doing versus Villa - this was referring to the Brentford game.

The fact we rested Barnes shows how highly Rodgers thinks of him in current form. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

god what are people going to make up now 

The English media love making up rubbish and their 'Big club/Successful club' bias don't they?

Multiple articles on Maddison/Grealish this season, now some appearing on Barnes too.

You've got poor old Buendia from Norwich, tackling stats like Ndidi, creating chance stats like Maddison and assist stats like TAA/KDB and he doensn't get a sniff of a mention.

• Like 1