Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

On 31/12/2019 at 00:08, foxile5 said:

Agreed. Sometimes he turns his back a little on active play, as though he can't be fussed. 

I hope he comes good. There's a great player in there. 

I don’t think for a second that he ‘can’t be fussed’. He looks completely devoid of confidence and looks that he doesn’t want to take responsibility of having possession. I feel for him, especially as we play a risk/reward game when going forward. Things aren’t going to come off every time, but when it doesn’t come off for Barnes he seems to get an earful from Chilwell and he looks like a broken man. 

I hope he comes good sooner rather than later because there’s a very talented footballer in there! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I don’t think for a second that he ‘can’t be fussed’. He looks completely devoid of confidence and looks that he doesn’t want to take responsibility of having possession. I feel for him, especially as we play a risk/reward game when going forward. Things aren’t going to come off every time, but when it doesn’t come off for Barnes he seems to get an earful from Chilwell and he looks like a broken man. 

I hope he comes good sooner rather than later because there’s a very talented footballer in there! 

I agree, he reminds me of Jeff where he'll be having a great game, then lose possession once and his head just goes and he's scared of receiving the ball. 

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Striker today! Hopefully he shows us something new

Something new would be a section of our fans join the others and get behind him, nor barrack the lad if he has a less than perfect game.  When any sportsman is confident they will try things out, when they get stick from 'fans' heads can go down, they won't try things out, they play safe,things can go into a downward spiral, any natural talent can be sapped from them. 

This boy clearly has something good about him, support it or drain him. 

• Like 3

Just now, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Childish comment. 

People say it how its seen. I haven't read or heard any hateful comments only comments along the lines that he is a massive talent in the making but struggling at times recently.

blinkered comment. read through his thread of hate  plus comments in other threads.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

read the thread and others, I'm not typing them all out, iv got a game to watch and Harvey to cheer on.

Theres stacks of unecessary barracking for the lad

I have read it all, but you made mention of HATE. Criticism and hate two totally different things. Maybe you could expand further after the game. 

• Thanks 1

Think he needs replacing in the starting 11. 1 goal in 20 starts is not good enough. He's got 5 assists which is a reasonable return for 20 starts, but its purely his goals that are letting us down. I think his lack of pace too is a hindrance, how many times has he ran past his man to receive a through ball or dribbled past his man? Rodgers knows we need a winger, we need to get one in this week.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2020 at 19:37, majaco said:

Get behind Barnes.  Get behind Chilwell.  Get behind Gray.  They are Leicester players.  I hope they keep being Leicester players because if they are they are performing well enough to get picked by Rodgers.

Oh, get behind Rogers too.

How about getting behind Rachel?

• Like 1

He is so poor at the moment & is contributing nothing to the team. His confidence is obviously gone & he needs taking out of the team for his long term good. 

We have seen on fleeting occasions this season what he is capable of & hopefully will come good in the future.

I think both him & Perez have been the weak links all season (although I do think Perez is a decent player, but not a winger) & although I am no great fan of either player I would prefer Gray & Albrighton to be playing if we persist with the present system.

• Like 2